Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A character I made called Sahmack the Warden. The skull and tongue would be for the head obviously, though the tongue isn't necessary if it's too difficult, the wispy cloak is for the torso slot, though it may cover some of the legs, and the flame floating off to the side, which wouldn't give off light, but would be able to be seen clearly even in the dark, along with the horns, and the 4 spidery claws are for the legs. I know we were told not to count on this sort of thing, but if at all possible, I think it would be nice to have the flame floating off to the side as a light pet, though somewhat dim, as Sahmack is a bit eerie, instead of it being part of the torso slot with the cloak. Also, it would be cool to have the cloak sort of flare back to reveal more of the legs when it runs. (The flames it is holding can be discarded, I just have them in because it looked cool for the drawing.) PS, the flames are called Grim Pyres.
Sahmack The Warden.jpg

Heres my submission its basically a Victorian suit with a bow on the hat. I call it the victorian outfit

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 98
Eteranal.png

I am not the great at this by any means and though the chances of me winning are slim to none, that doesn't mean I won't try my best.

I call this set "Eternal Domination" for the pieces I guess "Eternal Helmet/Breastplate/Grieves"

I'd like the red Pieces to glow (They don't have to actually brighten the surrounding area just trying to be appealing to the eye on the armor"

Fairly standard armor given by my example, but I wanted to give it a demonic/Dragonic feal that I had wanted in terraria for a long time now. For starters I'd either like to have a fire or dark mist effect. For the fire something similar to the molten armor would work. I have no clue how the mist could work but I thought I'd mention it.

Gem-like Crystal for the red. Shoulder pauldrons that go up in a spike. I didn't add it in the art because Someone might have seen it as wings and ignored them. With nothing on the back (Wings, Capes, Etc) have a type of spikes. preferably in an downward direction and smaller ones facing upward.

The Helm taking a similar appearance to a dragon. two horns facing backwards and 1 forward in center helm. (Just food for thought) having a type of dragon type feature for the jaw area.

I do aploigize if it appears I copied anything. I will admit I kinda copied the hollowed leggings color scheme. After I saw this challenge I just got my software and websites and got to work and just let my imagination do the work having fun while I do it.

I've played this game and I've easily gotten over 40k hours in all my playtime (on all platforms) I really want to win this and to make my mark in Terraria as an official item would be a dream come true. I hope the best for all of my opponents in this endever and may the better man/woman win.

My Submission:
Syreph Terraria Submission.png

A character I came up with a long time ago, around the time Terraria first came out on Xbox 360. He's been there since the beginning, so it's only fitting he should at least have a chance at being there for the end.
And if I get to pick a name, it would probably the "Wysp Reaper" set, going with a story I've set out with the character.
EDIT: and if at all possible, please make the eyes glow-in-the-dark.

Praetorian Armor

F23A75E7-A091-4548-985D-50BCBAB2DA36.jpeg

The armor of a Roman praetor, consisting of a bronze helmet, breastplate, and greaves accented by a regal purple cape with matching feather plume. The male sprite (left) is shown without hair, and the female sprite (right) is shown with hair, as I would love for at least some hair to be visible under/behind the helmet.

3ECAC945-EC7F-4137-A4B4-297D36D5957F.jpeg

If possible, I think it would be really neat if the cape could be animated to flow in the wind while the player is in motion. Here it is shown on the male sprite in a flowing position, whereas above it can be seen draped by the player’s feet when idle.

4AFE2523-54D8-4A45-8122-C7E89788A431.jpeg

This final photo is my reference sketch, which can be used to identify the individual armor pieces. These are also the names I would like to use for each piece if possible.

Thanks!
-Abskal <3

I made a chest piece item simply called "Blazing Scarf". It's intended for use in the head slot, but I feel making it a chest item would produce less headache. It's just a tattered-up red scarf that trails fire from behind it. I have included below some concept art, and an animated sprite art example, which is of course not final and at the devs' discretion (but if you enjoy the art, I would be honored to touch it up further and supply the individual frames).

flamescarf.png

FlameScarf.gif

Good luck to all!

Vanity.PNG

The Cyber Inc Security drone contains three different parts, a helmet with an antenna to show that these drones are AI-controlled, the Main body armor suit with a battery on the chest featuring bright colors that will show how much charge is left in the drone, the darker the colors the less charge, and a dual set of thrusters to allow faster movement and allow less maintenance per drone. Cyber Inc is a company based on protecting the innocent who cannot protect themselves, the company would like to make these drones official so that the innocent lives can be protected. These drones can be re-colored on any part that appears Orange, the rest is mechanical parts that would damage the performance of the drone if altered. To dye, the armor allows you to simply twist the battery pack, and the armored plating sticks out as to allow easy maintenance, once this is done you can simply unscrew the armored plating and replace it once a replacement part has been sourced. The armor would be nicknamed "Cyber Inc Drone Headgear, Cyber Inc drone Armored Chestpiece, Cyber Inc Levitation Device". Cyber Inc provides this blueprint of the armor so that it may be seen as a request to implement this drone for the safety of all Terrarian kind! Id like to add that this color scheme is changeable I just used this brownish-orange as a placeholder, as it looks the best In my opinion, but I am willing to change colors if needed!

Hello fellow Terrarians. As I'm sure you are all aware, the next and final update for Terraria will be releasing in the forseeable future. The name of this update is Journey's End, as I'm sure you know. I wanted to create an armour set that focused around the concept of the words "Journey's End" in order to thematically fit with the update. I couldn't think of anything at first, so I shortened my line of thinking to the word "Journey" more specifically. That is when I got an idea.

The Journeyman Set

My original idea was to make an outfit called the Journeyman's clothes. To see if anything existed in the real world similar to this, I decided to conduct some research into the topic. Suprisingly, there actually is an occupation and term for Journeyman, which I used as a base. With that being said, its time for a history lesson, so strap in. For those of you who don't know, there is a job literally called "Journeyman". Being called a Journeyman nowadays refers to people who are typically competent at a job, but do not excel at it. Another definition is a worker who is employed by someone else. Either way, the term in the modern era typically refers to a mediocre worker which can do a job but doesn't do the job exactly that well.

What is a journeyman?

However, for my submission I decided to delve further back in time to the traditional use of the term "Journeyman". Back in the medieval times is when the term first originated. It was used in medieval trade guilds as a term for individuals of a certain rank in their profession, something we will get into shortly and something Terraria takes inspiration from already. Journeymen were paid daily as regular employees. Each guild generally recognised that there were three ranks of workers: Apprentices, Journeymen, and Masters. Do these terms sound familiar? They should, as these are also the ranks used in Terraria already to define the three tiers of fishing bait.

How did people become and move on from being journeymen?

Fishing bait aside, lets continue with the already too long tangent. An apprentice was hired by a master as a form of inexpensive labour, though they also had to provide food, shelter and training. From there, they could potentially become a journeyman, where they would move on to the level of becoming a fully fledged employee, though still mediocre at their job. To become a master, a journeyman has to submit a master piece of work to their guild for evaluation. Only after evaluation can a journeyman be admitted as a master to that guild. The years that focus on being a Journeyman, the process of having graduated from the apprentice stage and working to becoming a master, are known as the Journeymen years. Even today, certain french and german speaking countries keep the tradition alive. Normally three years and one day is the length of time the journeyman years should last for. Finally getting to the point, the Journeymen of these traditions also wear traditional outfits.

The actual vanity submission

Anyway, as you probably guessed by my incredibly long tangent, my submission for the vanity contest is based on the outfit worn by journeymen, which would be called the Journeyman Outfit in game, made up of the Journeyman Hat, Journeyman Jacket and Journeyman Trousers/Pants. I know this outfit isn't particularly flashy or super eye catching like some of the other costumes, but I hope you still like it regardless. It would be obtained from the Travelling Merchant as part of his rotating arsenal of items.

terraria_vanity_entry_full.png

Thanks for reading and I wish everyone else the best of luck. Even if this entry doesn't win or become a finalist, I hope everyone reading this has learnt something new today, because this topic is actually quite interesting. And thank you to Re-Logic for making such a phenomenal game and spawning such a creative community.

Last edited:
Yo. Green and grey are my favorite colors and are very important to me. My idea is this "tenacious" knight, expressing the medieval in me and even others. Tenacity is my favorite word and I encourage you to look it up (and I would make a lot more sense). This armor would have thorns wrapped around one arm and the other, chains. The reason is for the fact that chains and thorns bind to you, holding you back, and it is merely a reminder or a concept of 'breaking through'. I'm considering getting a tattoo of chains and thorns wrapped around my arms. For the mask/helm, one side would be green, the other would be grey, same for the cape, each would show depending on direction facing. My name is Tenadd, the 'ten' is short for tenacious, and 'add' is a mix of my last name Adcock, lad and addition. Just putting these things here for depth, clarification, and understanding. :)

Attachments

• Tenadd Armor Concept 3dpaint.png
    Tenadd Armor Concept 3dpaint.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Tenadd Armor Drawing.jpg
    Tenadd Armor Drawing.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Tenadd Terraria Armor Concept.png
    Tenadd Terraria Armor Concept.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 107
This is my submission for the contest!
Always hoped for a chance to have my own vanity in the game, I hope you will consider having it added! <3
Display.png

for the glowmask, the eyes and cyan centre piece of the the chestplate will glow in the dark, if possible the eyes glow a bit brighter than the centre piece (by glow i don't mean emit light)

If we are allowed, the set effect will be after-images when moving, similar to the shadow armor set

Attachments

• Contest.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I Can't believe Terraria has a wolf, cat, and fox costume BUT NO DOG!!!:eek: AND you can even get a puppy pet! Time for that to change! Now you can be a puppy!:)
MY TERRERIA VANATY SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.png

I created this in google drawings. And moving all those SUPER small squares took FOREVER!!! The Red and Pink around their necks are colors. *the tail is seperated for detail and aren't separated parts!*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom