Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:Silver Dragon set

I have like no confidence in my drawing ability so I hope at least 1 person likes this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 144
this is the axolotl armor with the tail being part of the chestplate, and the head is the axolotl head going around the player head kinda like its eating the player, and the leggings are just the legs of the axolotl with the players legs in them.
1585515434976.png

Last edited:
So hey! This is not only my first time posting here, but it’s also my first time doing pixel art. I spent a long time working on this set, as I’m new to digital art.

What’s the main idea of this set?

One of my favorite parts of Terraria is the variety of genres. You have some realistic ranger weapons such as the boomstick, tactical shotgun and sniper rifle. You have the fantasy mage weapons like the magic prism and gem staffs. You have sci-fi Martians. You even have a hint of surrealism with the bosses. That’s why my idea for the vanity set was to combine two of the genres, modern and sci-fi. It’s made to look like a set of armor that would be too advanced for us, but too outdated by Martians. Kind of like something in the middle. I also wanted to make it look like it could be used alongside other vanity pieces and Terraria items, so that’s why in the picture I drew the suit holding a vortex beater.

Why do the individual set pieces look cluttered?

Like I said before, I had no idea how to remove the grid with the program I was using. So after spending a long time in another art program clearing the lines of the full set, I just decided to leave the individual pieces the way they were.

What’s with the wings?

I know wings aren’t allowed, so I had three ideas:

1. Have it be a vanity set of wings that don’t provide flight, but covers over the worn set of wings
  2. Make it so when you’re wearing the full vanity set, the wings replace the visuals of the current set
  3. Just don’t include them. They were kind of an add-on I made because I thought it would make it look more interesting.

How do I obtain it?

I have two ideas for this:

#1: However the developers intended to do include it

#2: Make it have a 1% chance to drop a piece from any creature in the space layer, along with a 5% drop rate from wyverns and a 100% drop rate from martian probes.

How long did this take?

• At least like a half-hour on making the pixel art close to Terraria’s style
  • A few hours on the drawing of the suit
  • 2 hours on the poster, as I didn’t know how to remove the grid on the sprites and had to manually draw around each of them
  • Maybe a half-hour on the text

Thanks for looking at my idea, and I hope the developers consider it!

(P.S. Sorry about the poor quality, I had to screenshot this on my iPad, then send it through discord, then screenshot it on my computer)
Vanity contest entry.png

The War Banner: Vanity Accessory, covers wings unless you are flying. Color changes based on dye or team color (team color takes priority), red by default. Creates particles (banner color) when using a weapon (they don't glow), unless you equip an accessory like the Magma Stone, which will override it.

Edit: To follow rules, this can be classified as a torso vanity.

Attachments

• My Submission.png
    My Submission.png
    762 bytes · Views: 94
Last edited:
BluMoHawkBluVisorMotorcycleHelm.png
lll.png

Motorcycle helmet with blue visor and a blue mo-hawk. Leather long sleeved blackish/grayish jacket with white stripes on the arms.
Grey pants with ripped holes, and blackish/grayish shoes with white stripes again. The motorcycle helmet with the blue visor and the
blue mo-hawk will be the ones that glow in the dark.

This is my custom vanity and I feel like i can make it look better but I'm not sure how I can improve the looks. I know the developers
could easily make this look 10x better and that would be awesome. But yeah, this is it.

Hillbilly set:
Blue rarity
"Be a true man of the wild!"
Sold by skeleton merchant for 1g a piece.

Top- Straw hat
Torso- Overalls
Legs- Old jeans

(feel free to tweak colors, I don't think I got the terraria feel quite right.)

1585520902515.png

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    1.2 KB · Views: 86
Hi, I am new here but uh, here is my vanity armor set. It is called "The True Hero's Armor" and this is my first ever made armor vanity set and my first time ever being in a thread so yea, hope you all enjoy! Feel free for critique since this is my first time being here

Attachments

• Terraria Armor set ALL 3.png
    Terraria Armor set ALL 3.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
terraria.jpg

Terraria is one of my first ever game i have played it is amazing with its community.

My edit.

.For the dragon on the kimono you can change the colour slightly to make it smoother( note if it not possible then do not do it)
.The flame on the sleeve if possible can you make it glow a bit.
.The head is just a character not the actual vanity.
.I wanted my own kimono because i thought the other one was short.
.The name of my vanity is Fluffy Yokai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom