Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried my best to draw it on paper and I did a male and Female version as well. I don't have a name for it unfortunately. I hope I win the contest :) anyways, here it is!

I tried my best to draw it on paper and I did a male and Female version as well. I don't have a name for it unfortunately. I hope I win the contest :) anyways, here it is!
XD I forgot to post the name..... it is called the horned warrior vanity set or for short horned warrior

Attachments

• webcam-toy-photo13.jpg
    webcam-toy-photo13.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 90
Nature's Crusader
pixil-frame-0.png

I'm not a designer but writer, so depicting my idea was way harder than coming up with it.​
ddddddd.png

This awful concept (art) took me about 5 minutes, then I realized it was going nowhere, so my decision was to start doing sprite right away, luckly my childhood that was spent making minecraft skins was left unforgotten. The light green parts may look cool if they will glow in the dark, imjustsayin.

A little backstory would be helpful to understand the tone and meaning of this set, so here it is:

This is it, Moon Lord, a horrid abomination that was standing behind all of this, fell at the feet of the wanderer, as thousands of his minions before him. Yet, is this the end?
Our hero witnessed things that were impossible to our imagination, the whole landscapes made out of flesh and blood, darkest, scourged, deeps that would corrupt even the brightest of minds and even the lands that were harmless at first glance, hid even more terrifying threats. The metal colossi, vague and bizarre plant beasts, the hell itself, its unutterable Wall Of Flesh and relentless sacrifice of his mentor, this left quite a scar on a wanderer.
Now he has another mission, to eradiate Moon Lord's undoings from the world and restore the nature to its past form. Chained in the dusk plates, entwined with the nature itself, he goes on a path of cleansing fire.
And Sectants, with their deity now dead, chose the new object to worship, their new lord, Terra Lord, and with them, our old wanderer, is going to forge the beginning of the new age.

The journey has ended, the Crusade begins.

Okay, so this is the Flesh Metal spider vanity set. Similarly to the Spider armor set it has 2 arms on the back. Waist is thin and it's overall skelly. Lorewise, this has to do, of course, with the crimson biome, perhaps a Terrarian that succumbed to the ruinous powers of it and built an armor around its flesh.

Attachments

• FleshMetal Spider.jpg
    FleshMetal Spider.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • FleshMetal Spider armor.jpg
    FleshMetal Spider armor.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 103
reggae stlye.png

☮ Reggae style work ☮
including
head slot - dreadlock hairstyle
shirt slot - reggae shirt with golden peace sign (☮) necklace
legging slot - reggae legging

*inspired by Lucio from Overwatch

Soo.. Once in a lifetime opportunity!

I present you:

Terrarian Exploration suit!

While all items are on, player is not able to inflict or take damage, and monsters are not agressive.
"This costume is made to explore infinte worlds created by players and the game itself - no fighting allowed."

Head: wooden hat + glasses (if possible)
Body: white/blue-ish shirt + regular jeans shorts. Chain with rubies tells monsters that no fighting is allowed by higher entities. Book with a tree on it is for explorer's notes.
Legs: boots covered in dirt/mud. Optional: change mud color by current biome.

There's an issue with inventory, minions and other indirect damage sources, yet I think that you as developers would know better how to implement such a concept in-game.
I also feel that it's best to commemorate "Journey's end" by allowing player to see the beauty of creation among the worlds that'd been created, whether by hand or generated, without the need for fights/battles.

Who knows, maybe even monsters will be able to tell their stories to an explorer? That would be amazing!

I understand that the quality and pixelart-guidelines are not fully met by this art I've made.
But I hope that this costume may come to life in one of my favourite games that's inspired me to join game development in general.

Thanks for amazing game and infinite stories!

Attachments

• terraria_submission.png
    terraria_submission.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 86
Here's My entry!

Vanity Set name: Classy android set
How to obtain: Bought from the Mechanic (No set price yet)

This set has the head, body and leg/pants.

I'll break down each part of the set! Anything written in the "-" are the vanity's descriptions!

Head slot
TV head: "System up and running. Status: Online"
-
Covers the player's hair much like the robot mask or any vanity item that covers the hair. (Also covers up any other vanity that would be visible on the head such as nature's gift, etc.)
- The screen and earpiece glow in the dark, but does not emit any light source. There are two versions in the image above so the glow can be chosen to fit into the game.
- The head, when put on, will make a single beep noise instead of the usual sound when a vanity item is equipped. This isn't necessary but could be a fun little addition to the clothing piece.
- After a certain amount of time of staying idle, the TV screen shows TV static on the face until the play moves again.
Idle Vanity.gif
<- after spending a small amount of time idled, the screen changes to the static face.
Chest Slot
Dapper Blue Suit: "Blue and Classy!"
- The suit is similar to the tuxedo, but it has a white glove built-in, similar to the fox or cat costume.
- The armband is on one of the arms (Left arm), but for simplicity, it can be shown on both sides as well.
- The armband also glows in the dark and again, it doesn't emit any light source.
- The suit has Two buttons, but one is fine as well if it's not able to be added.

Leg slot
Fancy Trouser: "Its a trouser, but fancy!"
- The trouser doesn't have anything special to it other than its fancy!

vvv Click the image for the full resolution! vvv
Vanity Contest.png

- VinnyBox

Hey guys!
I'm here by recommendation of my friend, since I stopped playing Terraria on PC and just found out about this challenge and he told me to try this challenge.

This look I made originally had wings implemented, however since wings can't be implemented this is the outfit.
if you scroll further down, I'll also add the original photo with the wings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The way I intended this outfit to look was a kimono styled outfit with dangling sleeves.
It has a flower hair clip which is a peach-ish tone to make it look like a cherry blossom flower
|
|
|
V

IMG_5122.jpg

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
---------------------------------------------------
Here are the other images.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
IMG_5123.jpg

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
----------------------------------
There's also a sheet with all the "items" on.
The items come in a goodie-bag like item which is called "Wrinkled Kimono"
When you open the item it gives you the hair clip and kimono,
originally it would've also come with the wings which was a branch which you can see on the sheet.
The Hair clip would be called "Flower Clip"
With the wings I had an idea of Petals falling while gliding which I thought was cool.
Anyways good luck everyone, may the best Terrarian win!

Check me out on:
Insta: Sakura.Boy__
Snapchat: sakura_boy14
Xbox: xAnimeCentralx
Steam: Sakura.Boy__
-----------------------------------
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
IMG_5129.jpg

PixelArt (1).png

My first attempt at pixel art. I went for a good old-fashioned dinosaur costume. I was thinking it could possibly be a rarer drop from fossils, but for it to exist in the game in some way, shape or form would be plenty enough for me. Good luck everyone! :joy:

I'm finally done with my submission after a couple of weeks.
Design and art are all mine.

I tried to look at things that I didn't find much in the base game, such as a motorcycle-helmet like helmet with a dark visor, the green and magenta palate, and uneven "futuristic" shoulders. As well as putting in things that I like such as the polygonal nature of it and the vapourwave look.
TerrariaVanityDesign.png

As I don't know how the armor would be implemented, I won't leave any more special details as they can be discussed later. Enjoy!

Hero1.png
Hero.png

This will be my Submission.
It's named Unsung Hero (Hero's mask, Robe, Cloak and Leggings).
I'm not quite sure with the Hoodie cause players might want their hair showing up so I made the second one.
-light after images are present when walking and quite a lot when running
-the vanity set dims down when the players idle

This is the first time for me making a terrarian skin of some sort so I hope you guys like it!
I made it like an armor so that I can replace the set I'll be wearing. The things on the back aren't wings but like a torn cape because of wear.
I'm still new to this so if I can make changes, I'll try. But If you guys could make improvements I would be very happy :D.

Edit: Reached to the point that I changed my submission multiple times but this will be the last one as far I hope

Last edited:
i don't have a name for the armor so i will leave that up to you but i would like if you can a flower trace as the character walks/moves and i did try to do a pixel art but it was very
difficult and it made me respect the devs so much more and i want to thank you for making this game and for letting me get a chance to maybe have my own vanity in the game
and i want to thank my brother that helped me a lot on this armor thank you bye.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
  • pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    1 KB · Views: 99
I first drew the set in a non-Terraria style, and then as what I'd imagine it looking like in-game. I call the set "Wanderer's suit", but that, or the names of the individual pieces aren't set in stone.
Illustration.png

InvSprite.png

These are the pieces when seen in inventory.

Pieces.png
Full.png

The individual pieces and the full set, when worn.

Names for the pieces:
-Legs: Wanderer's boots
-Chest: Wanderer's augmented body
-Head: Wanderer's scarf

pixil-frame-0 (1).png

Hey,
This christmas I got Terraria, and I love it, i'm addicted to this amazing game. So I thouth this was fun to participate in.
So here is my submission, I call it the armor of the night( the helmet of the night, the breastplate of the night and the pants of the night). I don't know how you would obtain it, maybe you would buy it from the traveling merchant, like the dragon or titan armor or craft it with souls of night. At daytime you can't see it but when its night you can see it and gives of a little bit of light. I don't now of its allowed but the armor changes depending on what type of night it is ( 1. a normal night, 2. a blood moon 3. a solar eclipse 4. a frost moon 5. a pumpkin moon). I know that the solar eclipse is a day event but I liked to include it. I can't draw very wel so I made it on my laptop, but if I could draw I would had made it with more details.
I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes in this post, im from the netherlands, and I am not really good at english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom