Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My submission:
I've had Terraria for probably just over 7 years now, maybe more, and I've sunk over one thousand hours into the game. It's a blast to play with friends and It's one of those games I can keep coming back to. When I saw this contest I new I just had to enter, even if i'm not one of the three winners taking part in this is just something I feel I have to do as a fan. Good luck to all the other participants too, I see a lot of talent in this forum
IMG_20200402_202436618.jpg
New Piskel.png

The pixel art is just my take on how the concept art would translate into the game. Of course I trust all the guys and girls over at Re-Logic to make it the best it can be should I end up lucky enough to win. Stay awesome :)

Attachments

• New Piskel.png
    New Piskel.png
    474 bytes · Views: 101
  • IMG_20200402_202436618.jpg
    IMG_20200402_202436618.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
Caveman/Cavewoman set, colours would be different browns. Could possibly be found in chests in caves.

Attachments

• CA61E4E4-78FD-4CB8-8F0C-B04C2E1AD4A2.jpeg
    CA61E4E4-78FD-4CB8-8F0C-B04C2E1AD4A2.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 109
final.jpg
Hello, Hello fellow Terrarians!

as my boyfriend informed me about this contest I started drawing restlessly! I was also inspired by him, but then I thought 'What about a wizard?'. Alone this wasn't enough for me yet. 'Give him goat legs' I said and so it was. Now it's a wizard satyr - only satyr's have goat horns. But I don't like goat horns, so I thought that something about him should be cute, so ram horns - 'Ram horns, really?' you might ask to which I reply 'RAM HORNS'.
Okay sorry sorry, thought that might be a fun way to explain the combination of the elements. If you're looking closely you can see that the symbols are gallifreyan, but they don't have to be, they were just the closest to what I wanted. His story in short (I had over 12 hours to think about this) is just that he has some power over time, reverse a little, but of course this is meant to be a vanity without that power. He's kinda like Loki personality wise, bit sly, kinda an a*hole but in some way nice?
The pixel art as you can see is not as great. Well it was my first time - oh no I didn't mean... Anyways it's just to give some inspiriation, I'm sure you would master it much better than me. I also think that the vanity would be without the magic clocks unless it is possible to make that happen ;)

Sorry for possible mistakes, english is only close to being my first language. And is it really called ram horns? I started out with aries horns only to realize aries is only the zodiac sign

Cheers,

-Angelina

edit was only formating, not used to post on forums

Last edited:
Its a Seagull. I love this character. I always try to have my player model look like this in every game. I would love to play as my favorite character in my favorite game. Thank you for reading this.

Attachments

• seagull art.png
    seagull art.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 117
here is my entry, yes i know i am not the best pixel artist
it is called the "Business Blazer" set
businessblazerarmor.JPG
here are the tooltips:
Helmet: Business Blazer's Helm
Tooltip: "Business Blazer's preferred helmet"

Shirt: Business Blazer's Flaming Blazer
Tooltip: "How the blazer itself isn't ablaze is a mystery..."

Boots: Business Blazer's Flaming Footwear
Tooltip: "Now the ladies will surely call you hot"

And here's some accompanying artwork
business.blazerart.JPG
however you get it, I don't really mind. Maybe from the tortured soul?

Thanks for looking. Good luck to everyone else

-businessblazer

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Her is my post i hope you like it :D
ninja.png

Her is my post i hope you live it :D
ninja.png
This is called red ninja btw!

IMG_20200402_153343.jpg

Underground variants and micro biomes won't get their own style. This is a bit of a rough concept but I hope it gets the job done. My coloring is atrocious, but I tried to make it apparent that the color of the cape would change depending on the biome as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all participants and thanks to Re-Logic for hosting this event. I'm glad I could participate.

IMG_20200402_181640.jpg

Last edited:
Neophyte's Set

A set for cultists of a different kind.
If we do tooltips it would probably be something like: "Have you heard about Olkoth?" (It's a lovecraft reference)

KaZiXDv.png

I figured we needed more skull masks, because everyone loves skulls. And what better place to put them than on your head? To match this charming headpiece we have a steampunky 1930s inspired coat. I started off with black (looked to bland), moved on to blue (it was nice but didn't really match the skull look) and settled for purple out of pure chance. I think the sprite turned out okay but I'm sure the good people at the studio can improve it.

SR92Itz.png

The thought behind it was to add that element of cultists being ordinary people sometimes that just have gone completely bonkers because of different reasons. Robes are nice and all, but there's always some influential family at the top. And I think that mix of ordinary and supernatural is what makes horror writers like Lovecraft succeed, too much fantasy and you settle for disbelief, you can reason it away. But that creeping feeling that this can happen to me. That's where you strike gold.

Oh right, sorry for the rambling. This is what it could look like:

tNxM41M.png

I hate to say that I looked through 250 pages or so of this thread over the last couple of weeks. Damn it took time, but likewise there's a damn good amount of good ideas in here.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 99
The Bird Fanatic Suit:
Bird Fanatic.PNG

The majestic bird is one of the oldest (and most useful for wiring!) critters in Terraria, and I just want to show my undying devotion to this noble beast.

The general concept here is lightweight silvery armor and a stylish bird mask underneath slate grey robes and grey leather pauldrons.
The brown in the back is hair, the same as the default male skin. I thought it important to communicate that hair of any suitable cut could be visible out the back of the mask. Thank you for you time... and a preemptive congratulations to the winners!

Last edited:
This is a soldier, his name is Socrates and he has served a great war wielding a rifle. Now equiped with swords and magic he is ready to take on a brand new enemy!
Full skin.png
1585868109464.png

More colors view : Blue Red Yellow Green and there is a Gif with the Suit
AnimationSocrates.gif

Last edited:
Demon Boy.png
Screenshot (7).png

Little Demon Guy (I don't have any cool name)

Wearing a hoodie and a jacket with fur, his horns poke trough the hood, black pants, it would also be nice if there are different variants depending on what you craft it with (btw I have no idea for a crafting recepy sorry)

I'd like his tail to bounce around when moving :)

Good luck to everbody else, I'm already super hyped to see who wins in the end

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom