Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
terrar fin.PNG
terrar gif.gif
<-i hope these turned out okay
this is my submission, I guess. this took several hours because I have not done much pixel art, but I think it turned out well. did I mention it being done in MS paint?
anyway, this set is called the Brightling Armor.

the hood/hat thing would be crafted with a shadow orb, 2 chains, 2 gold bars, 10 silk, and 2 hallowed bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
the breastplate would be crafted with 16 shadow scales, 3 chains, 8 gold bars, and 20 adamantine bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
the greaves would be crafted with 8 shadow scales, 2 gold bars, and 15 adamantine bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
>(subject to change, because i know nothing of how to balance this game or how crafting should be)<

the set bonus animation would make the large vortex appear (and spin), as opposed to the small glow shown in the item section.
the set bonus would be causing an AOE that damages enemies, and makes you gain all the health that the enemies lose from it.
hair would poke out the front (so flat hair i think).

good luck everyone

Last edited:
The Stormy Suit! I used a variety of tools in the making of this outfit and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The hat, which is styled around being a tall top hat, takes the form of a dark twister, with the robe having a fluffy bottom with the impression of light clouds. The legs are based around orangey clouds that would be seen during the morning or at dawn, and form a little pool of clouds at the feet.
Best of luck to everyone! :)

Attachments

• Stormy_Suit.png
    Stormy_Suit.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
Hello!
I made my vanity (originally) based of a character of mine, but that changed quickly, due to the headset the design branched off into a Techno Military theme. Mine is called CyberVolt. It's a tech space ranger suit.

Notes:
The Headset doesn't cover the hair (The hair is not flat).
The black triangle is like pauldrons.
The headphones and visor are connected (1 piece).
The boots are connected to the pants (1 piece).
The cauldrons are connected to the shirt.
The visor could be a glowmask.

Terreria Vanity Contest.png

Thank you for looking at my submission! I really appreciate it. I wish the developers good luck on making the Journey's end update, and thank you for working super hard on it!. I know that i'm going to have tons of fun playing with it.
Bye!

Terraria Armor - Totally_Fox.png

The Tome Guardian

This armor set is an original set created solely for this contest by me, Totally_Fox.

I went for a graceful, magical-type vibe with it, with an accompanying description for fan-made lore (Also written by me)
For those who have trouble reading it in the image:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The 'Tome Guardian' set is derived from an ancient sorcerer who learned the purest of magic, said to cleanse the land of
corruption & crimson itself. This mighty sorcerer began their journey within what is now known as the dungeon.
They were taught the most powerful of magic, but later found it was forbidden. They took what they knew and sealed away
their scholar, as well as his four other students, into what's called the 'Celestial Sigil' to be banished from the world. Peace
was returned... And to anyone who breaks this sigil; May you be ready for your impending doom..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visually, I thought it may be an interesting (though perhaps difficult to implement) concept to allow the face on the mask to
change according to different factors in gameplay. Examples being health/mana percentage, current biome location, depth/height,
buffs/debuffs, etc. I also felt a design reflecting any kind of ancient lore would be absolutely awesome to have put into the game in its final update.
I've almost 1.2k hours into the game; It's one of my all-time favorites. Just being able to enter is a treat; Let alone winning in the end.

I wish luck to everyone entering, and I hope you enjoy my work~
(In terms of verifying I created this, I'll be posting to my Twitter: @Totally_Fox. I can also be contacted there if needed.)

SpacePilotSet.png

Sorry for the low resolution.

Space Pilot Set

Consists of
- Space Pilot's Helmet
- Space Pilot's Vest/Jacket
- Space Pilot's Pants

The helmet would look like a jet pilots helmet, the vest would also look like a pilots vest.
I am fine with any other names.
Visor could be glowmask.
I am open to any modifications in the name or appearance of this set

Thank you for giving us this opportunity and good luck to all the other contestants.

-The Demons-
Male and Female Skin
*added additional wings just for the fun of it ;P”

Male:
- Head: Demon Horns (red) and earring (if would like to include but the color would probably be yellow)
- Torso: Tattoos (black)
- Leg: Pants (black) with belt, chain and Demon Tail (red)

Female:
- Head: Demon Horns (red) and earring ( if would like to include but the color would probably be yellow)
- Torso: Dress (black)
- Leg: Boots (Red) and Demon Tail (red)
F5D25D4E-E365-42B6-920F-11D681DC119B.jpeg

Here is my design for a vanity set
-The for the head it is a hat and scarf,
-for the chest it is similar design to the cactus armour with the i guess wing design (note: they are not wings)
-legs are a similar colourway to the rest of the outfit not to much to say about them

i would life this set to be known as the elegexs set e.g. Elegex's Hat, Elegex's Breastplate, Elegex's Leggings

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity desogn.PNG
    Terraria Vanity desogn.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 112
image.png

My attempt at a sprite for fun. Hope people like it!
Title- Galactic bounty hunter
Head- Galactic Bounty Hunter Helmet
Torso- Galactic Bounty Hunter chest piece
Legs-Gelectic Bounty Hunter Greaves

Masquerade set.png

I hope it's not to Overt of a reference, but if it is you could always not color in the gloves and have them be dye-able or something like that.
I don't know, I just really want Joker in this game, I LOVED persona 5 and I even bought Terraria just so I could use this design on the off chance that I get picked. And if I don't get picked then I don't mind because I still got a great game out of it!

As the name might not fit "Terraria" the name may be changed

"DoomHound armour"
i took a lot of time and effort for this due to the fact that "Terraria" is obviously the best game ever!
pixil-frame-1.png
helmet: "DoomHound helmet"
Chest plate: "DoomHound Chest plate"
leggings: "DoomHound leggings"

I thought of a old picture of a robot hound i made as a kid and decided to do my best to try and turn it into armor for my favorite game.
I had only heard of this costume entry competition about 3 days ago and ever sense with my time off was working on this though i just recently got an account on this website. I really hope you enjoy this entry.

Thanks for reading, JT the wiz

This grim fellow I call the Bone Bender. He includes intimidating horns to warn others to stay away. He is complete with an external ribcage and shin bones in order to keep his real bones safe underneath. Something about donning his helm changed him, tempting him to succumb to the darkest corners of his mind. I am aware that wings are not included, they are simply there for flavor. Thank you for your time, I adore this contest. It's wonderful to scroll through and see what this artistic community creates :)

Attachments

• Bonebender.PNG
    Bonebender.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 96
shrek terraria.png
Ah yes, the shrek costume. We've all wanted it and I've come to deliver.
Set pieces:
Ogre mask
Ogre Tunic
Ogre tights

Attributes:
Very handsome and masculine
shrek-like
stinky ogre (in a good way)
while wearing this costume you feel unstoppable (does not actually make you unstoppable)
better than the moon lord (in a fashion sense)
in order to unlock this masterpiece you must travel to the depths of his swamp where he will promptly ask you why you are there (possible new biome? who knows? not required)

Last edited:
Hellicopter set.png

This is my idea for a potential vanity set for the Journey's end update.

It's the helicopter set!
A blue, full body suit with a helmet with a visor, that has a helicopter rotor planted haphazardly on top.
The idea is that when moving, so walking, jumping etc, the rotor will spin, and it will stop spinning when the player stops moving.
In order to portray the vision, I used a template of a terraria character, to get the proportions correct, so sorry if that goes against any rules.
I feel that this can be a really fun and unique vanity set and I hope that it's given a bit of consideration, also, have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom