Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOSH.JPG

the mask is the top and the transparent parts are the torso and legs
honestly I'd be happy if you just added the mask and nothing else
I don't have a name for these because I'm not creative
also if someone already had this idea sorry I didn't mean to steal.

terraria-pixilart.png
This is my contest submission. This focuses on the scarf and the hair. The main idea is that the scarf she is wearing is connected to 2 dragon/ lizard type things. I couldn't quite draw it well but I hope you guys can. And if this makes it in the game, I think making the dragon heads move around while connected to the scarf would be cool. Thank you guys for reading this far. Good luck to everybody. Can't wait to see what kind of sets will be put into the game. Stay Creative!

Attachments

• terraria-pixilart-2.png
    terraria-pixilart-2.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
made this outfit for the contest.

thought it migt be cool if it changed colors from blue to red depending on how low your health is.

Attachments

• terraria outfit design (1).png
    terraria outfit design (1).png
    28.4 KB · Views: 106
The Solar Knight armor set

New Terraria armor.jpg

It's a Moon-Lord battle armor set with two thirds of the stats of the solar flare armor.
consisting of the solar knight helm, the solar knight breastplate, and the solar knight leggings.

The helmet is made out of a
Lead/Iron helmet, 20 Shadow Scales, and 3 Solar Fragments at an Ancient Manipulator
The breastplate is made out of a Lead/Iron breastplate, 35 Shadow Scales, and 4 Solar Fragments at an Ancient Manipulator
The leggings are made out of Lead/Iron leggings, 15 Shadow Scales, and 2 Solar Fragments at an Ancient Manipulator

There can also be an armor set for the Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust pillars

is yarn
pixil-frame-0 (4).png

also, the suit would tear and the colors could slightly change when health is low, you could also change the color scheme depending on the dye you use.

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    1.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

I present to you, what I like to call, the Celestial Set!

The lower and body are kinda just spacey lookin' gear, dark with twinkling stars.
However, the head is the sun with planets orbiting!

To further my idea, the moon on the hat could change depending on blood/pumpkin/frost moon, and the earthy-looking planet could change depending on crimson/corruption/hallow, although to do both or either of those ideas would take a lot more sprites, and probably not worth it for a singular set.

1x1 Celestial Set.gif

5x5 Celestial Set.gif

Felt inspired to make something of my own after seeing so many awesome vanity set designs.
Here's mine:

200407v2.png

3780405_ArcaneExosuitParchment3.png

Here's my interpretation of what the vanity set would look like in the style of Terraria:

Arcane Exosuit

vanity12.png

And the vanity set in sections:

Arcane Exosuit Skull

vanity12helmet.png

Arcane Exosuit Ribcage

vanity12breastplate.png

Arcane Exosuit Femora

vanity12leggings.png

The idea for this vanity set is basically what you get when you take the robotics and futuristic technology out of powered exosuits and replace them with bones, magic, and a few dozen human sacrifices.
The suit is powered by the energy core in the ribcage and it's supposed to glow when active, but seeing how it's a vanity set I like the idea that it's a "depleted armor" of sorts, still looks pretty but don't expect it to save you from death.

However I think it would be nice if the armor could have a faint glow:

Arcane Exosuit

vanity12light.png

Other possible names:
Old Caste Servitor
Precursor Exosuit
Prelith Exosuit
Doom Servant

That's pretty much all the info I have on my vanity set.

For any would-be contestants scrolling through these posts like I did looking for inspiration, ideas or wanting to see the process others go through I put a few of my design iterations in a album here: h ttps://imgur.com/a/JA1cU4s#1NZfvD5

I initially thought about making a neon/synthwave set and spent a few days working on different designs.
Somehow I transitioned from neon to gold, then to steel, and then to bones and now I have this lol.

It was great fun working on this project and I'm delighted to see so many cool, cute, or wacky designs.
Can't wait for Journey's End!!!

Last edited:
My submission is inspired by my current dnd character, Coat.

General description
Coat is an owl folk,
They have multiple mushrooms growing on their head and back and a Mountain cat scarf/shawl.
Coat was born incapable of flight so was cast into the forest, hence the mushrooms and general messiness of their outfit.

Head
The two mushrooms growing on Coats head are a source of pride and even have names that are only known by Coat and never shared.
Purple eyes are an anomaly for their species and when used along the distinct yellow beak it can create a mystical feel to the character.

Torso
Their torso piece consists of the wings/arms and the Mountain cat shawl.
The shawl was a later addition to Coats ensemble only added after a nasty encounter involving several mountain cats who strayed too far outside their territory.

Legs
The legs are used as the actual feathering of Coat (This is so the Torso can be used alongside other vanity sets) and holds no especially large symbolism besides the legs being slightly shorter than a normal character.
compition art-export.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom