Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my submission! It's called Spectrum Spacesuit!
Sipky.png

[The Spectrum Spacesuit could have a Rainbow Glow/Aura!]
It's a spacesuit with a pastel rainbow color!
It has spikes on the sides for protection and an antenna on the top for receiving signals!
Thank you Re-Logic for the amazing game that is Terraria, without you none of us would be here!
Blank Image (1).png Here's a pixelated version of it!

Last edited:
terraria-vanity-pixilart.png

The first mates outfit perfect for any fancy pirate occasion dropped by pirates on rare occasions or maybe even sold by the clothier by the ocean in hard mode. this outfit includes a amazingly fancy hat, a very classy suit, a cape, and even a prop sword that is in no way useful for combat. We even made it some what to scale with the game though not the best character. He probably could use some hair.

Last edited:
Dial-Knight's vanity set

Basic idea:
The vanity armor reacts to the time of day, changing to reflect it in specific parts of its design. At day it glows a bright blue, while at night it turns a darker hue. It may even respond to moon phases, going with purple when approaching the new moon while keeping that blue for full moons. The armor could be said to be created similarly to the Enchanted Sundial. Thus, it appears to be made of the same materials and borrows some aspects of the time-changing sundial, including the very sundial itself on the top of the helmet. Additionally, it would appear very bulky like the Turtle or Beetle melee armor sets do but instead with an astrology theme.

Why is the glow so complicated?:
The glow was suggested by the Advanced Submissions Guidelines, but I chose to have it change color. I know the armor glow might be capable to be changed dynamically from the Arkhalis armor set's glow taking on the player's shirt color, so my vanity armor changes based on the time of day and the moon phase. I know both are able to be tracked in-game, and a hair dye already does something similar. However if hooking both causes problems for armor perhaps just tie it to just the day-night cycle. If that's still not possible, I will settle for it simply glowing a nice sky blue.

Ideas on how to obtain it:
The armor set might be manually created. For example, a skymill, some sunplate blocks, lead and gold bars, and souls of night/light for each piece of the armor. It doesn't have to be this exactly, but I feel it's a recipe that makes sense.

Alternatively, perhaps it's fished out of Sky Crates in hardmode similar to how you get the Enchanted Sundial from the non-specific crates, but I'm unsure of filling an already rare crate's pool with the whole set of vanity armor even if it all comes on a single roll every time or obtained individually. If it is found in these, it might have to be decently rare to not annoy people with three new un-stackable items in their inventory or only obtainable in hardmode like the Enchanted Sundial. I feel any grind for the set would be worth it, though.

Ultimately, I'm willing to leave this up to the developers to choose how it's collected. It is no requirement to be either of what I suggested as it's already a great privilege if my idea makes it to the game at all. Consider these mere suggestions just like the sprite and art work.

My sprite work:
First half are Full Moon and last half is New Moon. Brighter colors are daytime and darker colors are night. I tried my best to make it look alright.
Dial Knight Day Full Moon Large.pngDial Knight Night Full Moon Large.pngDial Knight Day New Moon Large.pngDial Knight Night New Moon Large.png

My Sister's fantastic art:
First half are Full Moon and last half is New Moon. Brighter colors are daytime and darker colors are night.
F.Day.jpg
F.Night.jpg
N.Day.jpg
N.Night.jpg

Contacting me:

I'd prefer to be contacted via DM on Discord. My tag is Chronstell#3264 and I'm in the official Terraria Discord server. Otherwise, my contact email linked to my forum account will do.

Special thanks to:
Mirsario for the armor helper program. I'm no artist, so I probably wouldn't have much of my own to show without it. Though, I did do the best I could with my limited knowledge.

My sister, who was willing to spend her time drawing a better reference than my inexperienced sprite work for a game she doesn't even play. She's too kind to do help me without any payment when I asked for it out of the blue. I understand that her work is likely too detailed to copy directly into sprites, though, and that Re:Logic has free reign over redesigning it as they see fit.

Re:Logic for giving me more than 2900 hours of entertainment. It's obvious to me that this is my favorite game ever and I'm confident that there are many more hours to come in the very near future.

Thank you for your time reading my post.

Last edited:
20200405_215100.jpg

Here's my piece. I call it the "Soul of Terraria" or something like that. It's completely hand drawn by me with my art stuffs.

I have a few ideas to go along with it also.
1. Maybe make the chest change with the biome you're in.
2. The head/suit could go through a day night cycle when walking or whenever.
4. And thanks for making Terraria (Best game ever)

3. You've been Bamboozled

Some FNG_Vanity Contest Clown.png

For my entry, I took inspiration from the Clown enemy that spawns during the Blood Moon. Currently there is a set in the game called the Clown Set that can be purchased from the Clothier after killing a Clown, but it doesn't really resemble the mob itself. This vanity set draws direct inspiration from the mob in terms of color scheme and facial makeup. This set could drop off the mob, as the mob currently only drops the Trifold Map and the Bananarang.

The head consists of the red rubber nose, face makeup (the skintone was lightened from the base, as if white makeup was on him, but not to clash with the gloves), and the green hair piece.

The torso consists of the yellow vest with purple sleeves and white gloves (the normal Clown mob doesn't have gloves, but I thought it would look better).

The legs consist of the purple pants and large green shoes.

Hope you consider my design!

- Some FNG

This is the sparrow. i used him\her in many fan comics, and I would really like to see my fan art be on the screen! sorry if its sideways, and if you cant add some of this stuff, just ignore it.:gslime:

edit: oops, I forgot to cross out the bird from the wings, sorry. ignore that, as when I was making this design, I didn't know you couldn't add wings.

Attachments

• zimmterraria.jpeg
    zimmterraria.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
I made this with the idea of a shark raider or savage that is humanoid with a shark head. I was wondering if this was to enter, would the leg slot have some feet or boots? I couldn’t seem to make a fitting idea, so if it is spirited, could it be added?
0EABDCD9-8349-4CF2-9FB4-258481EB2321.png

I would like a sensei sort of costume in Terraria including:
Torso: a toga over a long sleeve t-shirt, simlar to what Luke Skywalker wears
Leggings: a pair of white shorts and some flip flops
Headgear: a beard with two balls stacked on top of each other with pins through them.
I think a good name for this outfit is Master Sensei.

Thankyou Re-Logic for creating Terraria! I wish for more updates in the future and I hope that Journeys End isn't the end!

Attachments

• vsub.jpg
    vsub.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 118
It’s not much but it’s something (the figure ain’t apart of the cloths it’s just a maniquin for it)
I always liked the idea of more than just a few scarfs and clothing styles in the game like ponchos and skirts meaning more than just one and you have to work with it, sorry if I was rude about that but really this little contest is an amazing wya to add more outfits and therefor atmosphere to the game, Sorry for talking a lot it’s just this is amazing n all.
667E9C98-6BA1-411A-AEE5-7AC3BCB7531D.png

Here is my set I want to throw into the ring. Here's hoping for the best luck for all and I can't wait to see what happens later. Thanks Chippy Gaming for letting me know about this. ^_^

Attachments

• Terraria Custom Set.png
    Terraria Custom Set.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 130
Polish_20200406_082820110.jpg

This is the Elementalist set, It has nature for its costume. It has:
Leaf-patterned greaves
A cracked rock design for the torso
And a fiery mask for the helmet

+Idea; Full set gives a vanity bonus, where magic purple particles swirl around the player.

heres my submission, its dicehead. the giant dice has a .05 chance of droping from all mobs when killed by a yoyo, the fancy tux has a .05 chance to be found in treasure bags, and the fancy tux pants have a .05 drop chance from all pillar mobs. the head is giant dice, and the shirt is the fancy tux, and the pants are the fancy tux pants. ps: if it can happen, if like if when the player is hit the dice switches which side its on (left is female)

Attachments

• submission.png
    submission.png
    16 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Name: GSB Officer Set
SF Cyberpunk style Uniform.

There is a Light emitting part on each shoulders' side.
Aaand, a tactical headset, too.
군바리 집합2.pngJagerranke.png

My pixiv(Just to make sure.): Mr.K - pixiv

Last edited:
-Aviator, ushanka type hat, (haven't seen a single ushanka in the game), with glowing (glow mask) yellow goggles, and a purple bandana covering the face.
-Aviator coat with furred collar, sleeves, and front, with a purple long-sleeve/turtleneck underneath. The turtleneck only shows out of the sleeves of the coat, and maybe around the neck.
-Regular old Jeans-type pants with grey boots.

The ushanka, upper sleeves of the coat, and boots are the same shade of grey.
Longer hair could probably be seen out of the bottom of the ushanka.

Preferred names would be: The Rat's Ushanka, The Rat's Coat, and The Rat's Pants
terraria smaller.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom