Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
burd.png
idk if this is where to submit, but i drew a bird that murdered a person, i dont have a name

Wisp, but out of the bottle...
51899973-954C-475F-8ABE-4A31E380BA9B.jpeg The head is made from one wisp in a bottle.
The torso is made from 4 silver, 7 glass, and 2 ultra bright
torches
The boots are made from 3 silver, 5 glass, and 1 ultra
bright torches

The head alone can provide light and can be detached
by double-clicking the ⬇down key. The torso and boots
can glow slightly in the dark(like lava)

Snail-guard Set

Featuring
:
-Snail-guard mask
-Snail-guard armor-robe

(bottom robe part and chest could be separate)

The whole outfit is meant to turn you into a snail warrior which is showcased by the shell textured chest piece and actual shell with the cool flame detail that would flicker in the wind.
Also, the bottom part is like a robe's bottom part but is meant to simulate the appearance of a snail's foot, so you can slide along the world like an actual snail.
And lastly the mask has horns like a real snail would, and separate holes so your human eyes can actually see through the mask.

Hope you like the submission! 🐌

armor.png

Last edited:
Greetings Terrarians.

So I decided to have an entry in this contest because I really like Terraria and I'm excited to see some new vanity sets, also the day that im submitting this is my anniversary (April 10th, 2020), and so I decided to post to see if I get lucky. So my ideia is a mechanical human vanity set, which i named M.H.P. Suit (Mechanical Human Protoype). I had this idea since i kinda like cybernetic stuff and also the mechanical bosses themselves, which could be the way to obtain the pieces of the set. The set is composed by the Mask (head piece), the Core (chest piece), and the Boosters (leg piece).
My original idea was that the player could use any hair with the set, so I made two different arts , one with hair (conceptual but could be added), and one without (the green is just a placeholder for any hair).

- Ideas -

Lore: A prototype of a suposed mechanical human body that could boost the physical skills of the wearer.

Drop: Maybe each piece could drop from each mechanical boss, the Mask from The Twins, the Core From Skeletron Prime, and the Boosters from The Destroyer, and it could be an expert only set, so it would come from the treasure bags in Expert Mode.

Here's a concept pixel art of the set (I'm not very good at it):

TerrariaVanitySubmission.png

The Vestment of the Mad
1586540331391.png

This vestment once belonged to the Moon Lords most devout follower, who's name and very existence was struck from the annals history after the banishment of his master. These garbs are the only thing left of a long forgotten cultist.

Cowl of the Crazed

This Cowl was once worn by the Moon Lords most devout follower, who's name and very existence was struck from the annals history after the banishment of his master. A Cowl made of a strange fabric and a cold silver mask depicting a maniac smile. Perhaps the illusion of happiness is the purest form of madness.

Robes of Devotion

Robes once worn by the Moon Lords most devout follower, who's name and very existence was struck from the annals history after the banishment of his master. Robes made of a strange fabric and a silver chest piece. Upon inspection, the eye seems cold and dead, but you can’t shake the feeling that you are the focal point of its gaze.

Boots of Madness

Boots once worn by the Moon Lords most devout follower, who's name and very existence was struck from the annals history after the banishment of his master. Boots made of silver. These boots once walked the long winding path of madness, a path of which there is no end.

A big thank you to the staff at re-logic for this opportunity. It takes a lot of time and effort to set up and maintain an event like this as well as comb through all of the submissions (Around 5,800 at the time of submission). Good luck everyone!

Concept by: MatterDestroyer3.

Art by: Serrangelic.

First of all, sorry for my bad English and bad drawing. (it's an armor, but I know this is vanity)

Second: this is an idea from one DnD adventure that I was the Master. The idea came from some inspirations, like the Roman Empire, the Greeks and the Imperials from Elder Scrolls games. This is an armor for an nation from my universe named Empire of Mankind. I didn't think about the name of the set, maybe The Soldier, The Legionarie or The Centurion's Old Armor.
I had an idea for the set's "lore":
It's from a soldier from a far land. He was traveling in his personal boat when a storm catch him, sinking the boat and killing him. The set can be found in a chest inside his boat, in the deeps of the ocean. The name of the soldier is unknow, just his familly's name: Vectorium and it's symbol marked on the Helmet and the Chest.

20200410_143017.jpg

This is my submission
I call it
,,Planet Guardian ´´
planet guardian ingame look.png

,,They was choosen to protect the planet... Elements are helping them… ´´
These are tha parts:

Head
planet guardian head.png

Head have horns mask and scarf flying in air.

Body
planet guardian torso.png

There is symbol of these planet guardians.

Legs

Planet guardian legs.png

Just classic legs with part of clothes.

More details:
planet guardian.png

I said ,,Elements are helping them...´´
Yes, they can use elements but They are only giving some buffs.
They can use only one element at time when full set weared.
The elements are orbs which appear when full set is weared.
When using element the orb of element is on fire in the colour of element.
Green parts on skin are power of element ( now earth) in body showing up. ( appears when full set, changing color with element which is used in time )

Please, add to the orbs and the skin parts glowmask. Thanks
The buffs of elements: ( color of element is showed on text below)

AIR: featherfall, gravitation and swiftness.
EARTH: Ironskin, titan and endurance.
FIRE: Obsidian skin, shine and inferno.
WATER: water walking, flipper and gills.
Change element by pressing Down arrow button.

Changing element from earth to air animation ( no player in image, plaese add glowmask too) :
Terraria element change..gif

Dyes: ( please like this )
Dyes will only change the color of the black parts. ( mask, shirt, scarf …)
Other parts will get only effect ( not color )

How to obtain:
I ´m not sure but i think it can be obtained by finishig every achivement, or at the end of the game ( from moon lord with chnce drop ) or from crafting at crystal ball near to water, air, plants, and fire with some more ingredients. I hope relogic team will find a good way to obtain this set!

I hope you like it.​

Last edited:

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php
Hello Terrarians!

The outfit is supposed to be a vampire, and as we all know vampires can't go out in the sun so he is wearing a sun hat.

The outfit could be dropped by a vampire from the solar eclipse.

The blue band on the sun hat could change colour depending on the time in the game.

This outfit took me about an 2 hours to make and I had to make some improvements along the way.

Hope you like it!

2020-04-11_14.41.36.png

Last edited:
30px-Angry_Nimbus.png
So my idea was to make a corrupted version of my original idea. I call it, Deadly's Corrupted Set! Now for the backstory.
30px-Angry_Nimbus.png

DCS big flipped.png

DCS big.png

Long ago, there was a kingdom in the far lands of Terraria. This kingdom was ruled by Deadly, a very powerful leader. She cared for her citizens as much as she did to protect them. Because of this, her citizens were happy and the animals were happier. But on one perfect day, a storm formed hovering over the kingdom. Its source was on top of the mountain, creating many booms of lightning. Deadly quickly realized this and gathered her best knights to help her fight this battle. When they had finally reached that mountain however, they could only find a purple crystal powering the storm. Deadly stood up to the highest point to grab the crystal from its place. But when she did, she felt pain on every inch of her body. She slowly began to corrupt, her armor fading to a dark animus purple. She began to be powered by that crystal and used the storm to destroy her own kingdom. Legend has it, she went to find other kingdoms but was captured and executed.
Many years later, a young child had stumbled upon her set and showed his mother. The mother quickly took action and gave the armor to a local sorcerer. What he had done is hide the set in Angry Nimbus clouds in hopes nobody would find it again. Will you?

Deadly's Storm Clouds - These clouds formed after Deadly had
gone on a rampage destroying far off kingdoms along with her own.
These clouds are filled with unknown magic that cannot be controlled.
Whoever wears these clouds must powerful enough to remain sane.​

Deadly's Guardian Plate - This plate was forged with the most powerful of metals.
Its beauty was once shown as white with teals and golds. But once the crystal
made contact, the colors began to fade to purples and grays. Of course, there may
be a way to restore its beauty.

Deadly's Crystal Spike Boots - The boots that the ruler Deadly had once worn
were known to glow like no other. They had powered her throughout the rest
of her armor. Once she had corrupted, however, the powers had since worn off.
But the glow still returns.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk :passionate:
Hope you liked the story​

Attachments

• DCS chestplate.png
    DCS chestplate.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DCS leggings.png
    DCS leggings.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DCS helmet.png
    DCS helmet.png
    2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
5F4E9456-2E84-444F-87F7-BABE84E72E3F.jpeg

I made this guardian to hopefully add some more lore to the Terraria Universe. It would be really cool if this set had some sort of lore connection to the Dungeon, Skeletron, and the Old Man.
Parts:
Forgotten Guardian Mask
Forgotten Guardian Torso
Forgotten Guardian Legs

This is my son's drawing, Kekinho. My boy is a huge Terraria fan and Kekinho is his favorite stuffed toy, a German Shepherd dog. His original drawing is attached.

kekinhoTerraria.png

Blood Moon Countess Vanity.png
It was a bit rushed since I forgot the deadline is in like 3 days, but here's an example of my idea of a Blood Moon Countess vanity set based off the painting obtained from goodie bags. The set would consist of a white shirt, a purple cloak, black pants, and a black belt with a golden buckle. Could be obtained from Goodie Bags during Halloween time as well.

Costume name: Squeaky the Duck

New Piskel-1.png.png

I tried to quickly make this using piskel xd, (sorry I suck at pixel art :(...) But I really hope you choose my design, I bet hundreds if not thousands would agree, A giant duck costume in terraria is a must xD, also, can you put a custom text on the headpiece saying "Quack quack~", thank you :) <3.

1586542853356.png
Head Piece (Please add in description of head "Quack quack~" <3)

1586542889721.png
Torso Piece

1586542933081.png
Leg Piece

Costume name: Squeaky the Duck

New Piskel-1.png.png

I tried to quickly make this using piskel xd, (sorry I suck at pixel art :(...) But I really hope you choose my design, I bet hundreds if not thousands would agree, A giant duck costume in terraria is a must xD, also, can you put a custom text on the headpiece saying "Quack quack~", thank you :) <3.

1586542853356.png
Head Piece (Please add in description of head "Quack quack~" <3)

1586542889721.png
Torso Piece

1586542933081.png
Leg Piece
Also can you guys like do your impressive pixel art skills and like... make it look good, my idea is just a giant duck costume but I can't do pixel art for anything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom