Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_mascot.png

This set is based on the iconic Terraria tree design.

Set name: Mascot

The crown is meant to cover the whole face.
The legs and torso sprites are separate.
The legs would be animated with a less smooth, more substantial, and if possible seemingly slower movements - as befits a proper tree.
Running animation would make the tree crown tilt slightly backwards (Possible Special Effects: Leaf particles while running!).
When hands are out of the way, seeing the back could reveal a small branch or two. Probably the set that would utilize the biome dye to its fullest.

I am well aware that this idea of mine - is not the first of its kind (that title belongs to Sudowoodo Kiba2134), however I still hope that my execution of it is at least somewhat original.
It was extremely hard to come up with a vanity armor design that would be instantly recognizable by players but one that was not already in the game, and that prompted me to start to look somewhere else, and there it was sitting on my desktop, the signature icon! I bet that trees were one of the first things Red added into the game, those trees provided the first resources to spark many epic adventures. Perhaps even all 30 million of them! Anyway, my point is that I think the trees deserve some credit for all the torches, platforms, and brown skyscrapers that they gave us, and this is the last chance they get.
I knew there would be many other people who would have a similar idea, I even doublechecked to see whether something like this was already in game, to my surprise there was not. This is not the most colorful or the original design, and definitely not as epic as all of those generic knight/mage/adventurer armor iterations... It is a design that only makes sense thanks to the game, it does not belong anywhere else, and it never could.

It is either this or the bunny girl vanity armor.

P.S. In case it wasn't obvious that there is not a bellybutton but a "fully functional" birdsnest!

Thank you so much for this opportunity, i cant wait to see the new costume designs!
This is my idea ;

Cloak type outfit that changes color similar to the rainbow dye but rotates upward. The face of the character and the hands will be black.
The eyes will change color like the cloak.

The only name i could think of was Shades but i will also except Fantasma or Hayalet ( Turkish for ghost )
Designers choice!

Shades.gif

True Shadow Armor.png

Basically the idea is regular Shadow Armor is cool as heck. So is Night's Edge. We have True Night's edge. So here I propse True Shadow Armor.
It'spretty much exactly the same as regular Shadow Armor but with more flare and maybe more spikes. Also instead of the usual shadow after effect that the player leaves while running, the True Shadow Armor effect leaves geen/orange trial. Whichever works best visually.

Yakuza.png

Hey! My friend and I made a classic Japanese motorcycle gang vanity outfit with a pompadour headpiece and the classic clothing. I know it was supposed to only include a head/torso/leg piece, but we decided to throw in a jacket just for fun! The next picture is going to be a version of it that is at the resolution that Terraria uses, but it's a little bit small for the forums:
Yakuza sMall.png

Thank you!

Ah, Screw it. I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Not my best example of artistic ability, but it gets the concept across, Which is all I really need to do. Was tempted to give a pixelart drawing as well, but I couldn't really find any sprite bases, as well as the fact that I'm pretty terrible at pixelart in general, So I'll leave it to the professionals, Lol.

Terraria contest entry.png

(The shotgun is just for decoration, it's not a part of the design/character)

The Last Hero

In the far future, When the powers of the Corruption and the Crimson have triumphed in their quest of destruction, Only one final bastion of purity remains, And there is only one man (or woman) standing between it and the terrible forces of evil- They are The Last Hero

The process that went into my design, was that I was first thinking if I should base my design around a fantasy theme or a sci-fi theme, and I figured since the game itself had a mixture of both elements, I would incorporate them both into the design, Hence the sort of cyborg-looking dude wearing modern clothes and fantasy-esque armor. The armor itself is a very important aspect to the design, As I based it heavily off of the type of design that the corruption/crimson armors would have, and since the overall theme is very post-apocalypticy, I'm thinking that the armor used would have had to come from what was available, thus, corruption armor. (And, of course, I liked the design of it.)

Terraria contest entry (crimson).png

Also, an alternative crimson color palette, I'm thinking that whichever color palette is used is determined by whether the world has corruption or crimson in it.

This was pretty fun, So good luck to all the other people participating!

Full Set.jpg
Full Set no Person.JPG

Extraminator, or sometimes Extram34 is a Nano-technological Scientist. This is his full set, with a person (Left) and without a person (Right)

Extram34s Nanotech Headpiece.jpg

The headwear, "Extram34's Nanotech Headpiece" is a small device that goes over the ear and eye of the wearer.
Item description, "Does everything your eyes can do, and more!"

Extram34s Nanotech Labcoat.jpg

The bodypiece, "Extram34's Nanotech Lab Coat" is a black coat with nano tech bracers on the right arm.
Item description, "Simple, Stylish, and easy to clean."
Extram34s Nanotech Pants.jpg

The leggings, "Extram34's Nanotech Pants" is a pair of pants that also comes with a floating nano tech star. This star would float up and down behind the player much like the Forbidden Armor. I put it on the pants so that the rest of the set is more versatile as vanity, pants are easier to swap out.
Item description, "Sleek pants, advanced tech."

My Submission:

A traditionel Tiroler Tracht "Kurzbayrisches" would be so cool!! I mean I could wear it in reallife and in game!!!
I know its nothing I created myself but I would love to see this. And I think many people would like it too :D

Head: A nice feather hat "Feder Huat"
Body: A black or green coat as shown in the picture "Jaggerl"
Legs: Lederhosen (Leaderpants) with Stutzen (the socks) "Stutzen"
- Names are writen in tyrolean german dialect -

If its allowed to give the player any kind of effect it could give him (on full set) more precise shots with any kind of gun (not bows).

Hope some of u guys like the idea! It would add a nice piece of german culture to the game and much more important some very nice clothes! ;D

1586558293868.png
1586558423769.png

Hello,

Head: For the head piece I did a TV because lately I've been watching a lot of television because of what's happening, and I just thought the design looked cool. There is a cable hanging from the head but it is not plugged in showing that there is a bit of magic and mystery which terraria is full of. I thought it would be cool if the yellow highlights changed depending on what biome you are in. For example, If you were in the corruption, all the parts of the outfit that were yellow would change to purple, If you were in the crimson it would change all the yellow parts to red etc.

Body: The body Has a big lightning bolt in the middle of the chest symbolizing energy and power flowing throughout the body which would also change color depending on the biome. The backround colors I chose are metal looking which fits the theme of the outfit

Legs: The legs and shoes are kind of a space boot that you would think a robot person would be wearing.

How To Get It: This vanity set would be dropped from any of the mechanical bosses

The name of this set is televisionary

Good Luck To Everyone! :)

Screenshot (2).png

I tried lmao, i couldnt think of much so i just went with something that i think works well, i can't wait to see what gets in, its like a birthday present lmao

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 75
Screenshot (755).png

I call it the "cool" set!
sorry if this idea has already been done before, but I only checked the first few paged of submissions- anyways,
Heelless may grant a very small speed boost, while the entire set gives the user a buff where yo-yos do more damage.

terraria custom skin.png

First attempt at pixel art, I know its not the best and very simple compared to most, but hey, here it is. I used a Terraria player template to create this, basically re-skinning the player with somewhat randomly placed pixels.

To clarify what Im going for, Think Special Forces or Miltary like, ballistic mask and tactical gear. or perhaps something future based like a cyber suit or something.

Weeell I tried

1586565113152.png

The vanity I'm actually submitting is "The Mutilated " (the one on the left), but for the sake of a theme or something I made the vanity on the right (the possessed)

Here's an image that actually makes sense lmao
1586564477511.png

The Mutilated's ichor (not honey lmao) would drop when it moves and The Possessed produces a cursed flame aura

The Mutilated's eyes from the first image would become visible in the corruption/during a blood moon

I'd give a whole backstory or more detailed post but honestly these designs slot took about a week to make and I still don't like The Possessed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom