Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my submission for the contest, I hope y'all like my battery powered light bulb set! I've been playing Terraria since 2012 and it's always been one of my favourite games :>

LightBot Set - KoriKoritas.png

Classical_Set_Showcase.png

This is my "Classical Set", based on early togas! (no tunic, no umbo)

Summary:
Terraria doesn't have a proper toga, and I think the wreath is really cool, so I made this! It's vaguely ancient Greek/Roman (hence the "Classical" set), but I did do some research- I tried to figure out how togas are supposed to be wrapped, and this one is about right for a simple one. Again, the largest difference is that there's no tunic, which was only a thing with both genders early on.

I thought it might drop from the Hoplite, but that already has Gladiator armor, so it might fit better dropping from Medusa.

It might not be the best for this, but I made it partially with custom costumes in mind- I think this is unique enough of a design to improve characters people try to make by combining Terraria costumes. Maybe it could look extended and more elaborate with a white worm scarf. I didn't have this in mind when making it (I based the female version off Google results for Artemis), but Rey from Star Wars comes to mind.

2 Parts:
  1. Wreath- "You look like you just made yourself consul for life."
  2. Toga- "Now you're ready to vote in an assembly."

Notes:
  • The wreath uses the short version of hair.
  • The toga covers the body and legs.
  • The toga has male and female forms.
  • I only made it from one angle with one piece of pixel art, but in the run cycle it would be clearer how the toga is wrapped: over the shoulder, then around the waist to keep it in place. One part should lead into the other, like it's one piece of cloth. The sprites I used not on the character are a bit off because they didn't continue the strap properly.
I sort of messed up with the big sprite in the image: the little one is how it's supposed to be. I just flipped it around, but it makes it so that the strap that's tucked in is on the wrong side. I made a corrected version. Both versions have require extra skin on the legs and arms- I based it off the face skin color.
The male toga, with only one strap, should have said strap going from left to right. This is may or may not be very important. My knowledge about togas is dubious.

It's not the most complicated or novel costume, but I think it would be really fun to use in-game!

Attachments

• classical_set.png
    classical_set.png
    619 bytes · Views: 84
  • female_toga.png
    female_toga.png
    759 bytes · Views: 84
  • wreath.png
    wreath.png
    664 bytes · Views: 79
  • female_toga_flipped.png
    female_toga_flipped.png
    739 bytes · Views: 87
  • toga_2.png
    toga_2.png
    725 bytes · Views: 79
  • wreath_2.png
    wreath_2.png
    175 bytes · Views: 80
  • toga_1.png
    toga_1.png
    247 bytes · Views: 71
  • female_toga_2.png
    female_toga_2.png
    337 bytes · Views: 78
Last edited:
The psycho from the solar eclipse event. But every 20 monster kills put a slight red tent to the sprite. After a high amount of kills you will be completely red. If you are completely red you get a debuff called psycho killer in which none of the npcs will sell to you and bring up some new dialogue. To get rid of the psycho killer debuff go ask the guide for help. You can only get this vanity by killing the psycho with the psycho knife.
Psycho.png
this isn't my art work as you can tell. Full credit to the terraria devs. The tool tip says, The guide has suffered enough... But this is where the game begins. One of the dialogues from the merchant when the travelling merchant is there (while you're fully red) is,"can you do a job for me?"

Last edited:
After thinking about what to submit for nearly a month, since terraria has been my favorite game since 2012 or 2013, and I wanted to put as much thought and love into what I am submitting, trying to think of idea's on how it would work on the player and such, so I present to you, the Void Walker Set
1586571792003.png

The Void walker set is made of the Void Mask, Void Chestplate, and Void Boots. I wanted to go for something simplistic, but with a neat design. All of the set is black and white.
Name-description-Extra
Void Mask - May your abyssal eyes strike fear into your foes - makes eyes bigger, makes eyes pure white, and changes current hair style white
Void Chestplate - Years of combat have reduced this plate to vanity- Gives white gloves
Void Boots - Comes with a pair of dark pants too - Black legs, white boots.

When dyeing the set(if possible), the internal black and white will be darker and lighter(respectively) versions of the colors used.

Some bland(and bad), but a rough idea of how it should look, but if you do pick this, it is ultimately up to you how you decide to do it
1586576328558.png

My bros and I have been playing Terraria for over 8 years now, many a summer and holiday night spent building massive goldfish bowls and turning worlds into mushroom paradises. Thank you for all your hard work and creating something so special!!! Can't wait for Journey's End!

As briefly stated, always had a massive goldfish fetish and thought such a design would be a great laugh and fit somewhat naturally into the game.

terrariadesign_goldfish.png

View attachment 263577
Space Warrior

Space Warrior Helmet
Space Warrior Chestplate
Space Warrior Leggings

Once Space was filled with warriors, until a supernova wiped them all out...
All but one...
The Space Warrior...

The space warrior landed on this world...
Last of his kind...
He had to fight to live...

Attachments

• Teraria Contest.png
    Teraria Contest.png
    815 bytes · Views: 85
I think it'd be pretty cool to have my essence infused into a game I've been playing with my friends for nearly a decade... Here's hoping, right? Thanks if I win it big.

Attachments

• kyra.png
    kyra.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 88
  • kyra2.png
    kyra2.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 103
  • kyra43 - model - unfinished03.png
    kyra43 - model - unfinished03.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
My Vanity idea titled, "The Old Diver" , Created by Owen Stroud. I was shocked there wasnt already a scuba diver vanity item in terraria, so there is no time like the present, time to make it happen! Here is some Lore:

IMG_20200410_221238_177.jpg
100s of years ago, young man with a passion for discovering the unknown inside water finds a massive area of water in a cave he was travaling in, However once he came in he never went out for many, many years, his gold scuba diving suit becoming more warn by the water, but hey, he made a squid friend along the way. Now he finally escapes the lonesome, heartless deep water and returns for the Journeys End, the big finale. I hope you consider the idea Re-Logic

Last edited:
this is my vanity set (sorry I do not have a name for it yet)

There was an adventurer who went to the corners of the earth
trying to find all of the crystals of power, after spending many years looking he
finally found them all but they reacted strangely to each other and the infused into his skin.
giving him massive amounts of power. he was overloaded with power and became corrupt, turning the crystals
dark.

terr

home-design.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 9.55.13 PM.jpg

Here is my submission. It is one of my favorite birds, the hooded merganser!

They are surprising to encounter. Here in Eastern Texas, I sometimes walk in the fields and forests to look for wildlife. I would see regular looking birds and occasional vultures and hawks, but there would be those rare times that I would see a hooded merganser or two. The black and white bars on its body and giant mohawk makes this impressive bird hard to miss.

I think the hooded merganser vanity set should be obtained from iron crates fished from the water in forest biomes with a chance of %2.
Tooltip: "Lophodytes cucullatus"

I think this would be a fun little addition to the game. It would be cool being a hooded merganser while fighting huge bosses.

I made this in pixilart.com.
The image of the real bird is not mine, I pulled it from google images.

This is my submission, called the Stardancer Set! There are no starry vanity items in the game which I'm kinda sad about, since I absolute adore stars and galaxies, especially when they're turned into wearable space-themed items!
I spent wayyy too long on this xD It took a good month to get an idea of what I wanted to do - I wasn't basing my design off of anything, since I wanted to be original, except that required me thinking of a completely unique vanity set. In the end, I settled with this design here, and I'm quite happy with it!
Since stars glow, I'd love the stars on the sprites to have glowmask, which I think could look really cool!
Edit: If it's not clear, the cape is meant to deteriorate into stars! I couldn't really draw it like that though :p
Vanity Submission.png

Thank you for considering my set <3 Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Hello this is my vanity submission. It is a jelly fish set dropped from blue and pink jelly fish. It's supposed to look like a jelly fish has latched onto your head and entangled it's tentacles around your body. The colours aren't perfect but i hope you like it :).

P.S. i think the set should be called the jelly set and the individual parts should be called: the spineless sun hat, the jelly jacket and the poisonous pants

Attachments

• terraria jellyfish vanity.PNG
    terraria jellyfish vanity.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom