Status
Not open for further replies.
I call him... The goop Behemoth!

Attachments

• Goop-Behemoth.png
    Goop-Behemoth.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 100
Vanity Set.png

The general theme for this was a combination between a medieval plate armor sort of design and a more modern, power armor-esque design. I chose the colors to be brighter and more vibrant for the chestplate and legs, to contrast against the darker arms and helmet. They also have little rivets and other metallic attachments, and generally look more modern. The thing at the chest is meant to be a power core, with the lines stretch off of it being paint (bright yellow) and power lines (the darker ones). I also ran those down the legs.

It's basically meant to be a mix of the modern and the antique. I don't know how well all the details show up in pixel art (I only had paint.net). As for names, I think that "True Blue" or something along those lines would work (except for the helmet). Barring that, maybe Commander's Set, or New Plate. Even something like "zed312's plate," if you're naming them after the usernames.

If this is the end, I just want to say thank you, Re-Logic. Terraria was my first game on Steam, and got me into PC gaming, where I met new friends and had a lot of fun. I've spent many, many hours in this game, and have a lot of good memories there. So, thank you, for making possibly my favorite game, ever. I know that I'm just one fan among many, but I felt that I needed to say that.

View attachment 261101

Behold my artistic prowess.

View attachment 260506
~ Terra Unitum ~
(Earth United)

"A reminder that nature will provide"
/
"The best of both worlds"

Vanity Set Submission

View attachment 260512

View attachment 260505
View attachment 260503
Terra Unitum Crown / Terra Unitum Robes / Terra Unitum Trousers

View attachment 260513

Head Piece:
A simple crown made of Terraria's Thorned Bushes.
Reduces eye size to a closed slit, it also emits a faint glow in the dark.
Being bald is not a part of the piece...
Just thought I'd make him bald to exemplify the crown, the player's hair will go under the crown, it will still be visible with long hair.

Examples With Hair:

View attachment 260502
Notice how the crown still overlaps the hair.

View attachment 260507

Torso:
A robe with a hood on the back. Has a belt and over-sized sleeves that sway when walking, the robe
breaks down the middle in a V-shape exposing the shoes.
When falling, the hood on the back gets thrown up a noticeable amount and the robe exposes the pants
slightly more.

View attachment 260508

Pants:
Simple white cotton trousers with brown boots, covered by the robe piece.

View attachment 260509

Ambitious Features:
AKA Probably impossible features
When moving towards the right, the "Pure" side is shown, the "Corrupted" side peeking out from behind.
When moving towards the left, the "Corrupted" side is shown, the "Pure" side peeking out from behind.

When the full set is equipped, the player is enveloped with an opaque and faint glow (is it possible to outline the character in light?).

The player also leaves a green particle trail while walking to the right and a purple particle trail while walking towards the left.
(the particle would be the same bubble particles from the Shadow/Crimson armor except following the above colors)

Animation of the set when idle?
(wasn't able to animate opaque colors so it's a solid aura)

View attachment 260514
View attachment 260510
The Dryads were wrong...
(lore for my submission)
What did you know? Flung into a world where survival was an instinct, shared by every other living creature on the face of Terraria. From the moment the Eye was slaughtered by your hands, you couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of guilt... "It felt I was invading its territory...it saw me as a threat," you thought to yourself. You knew what you had done was only in self-defense, and so you brushed it off.
Then she came -- the apparently last surviving member of a clan of Dryads, with the horrible screams of the Eye being shushed, she crept out of hiding finding a chance to survive. And from there you were fed the objective "Cleanse the World of Corruption and save Terraria.". It all felt so surreal, with every life you ended you didn't feel any closer to saving Terraria, quite the contrary, you felt empty inside. With each enemy felled by your blade, the so-called "corruption" in them seemed to plague your mind with blood-lust and the need to survive -- at any cost.
As per the Dryad's request, you ventured deep into the caverns of Terraria, she had said the greatest of all the evils in the world lie in its underbelly. Shuffling in your pocket, you pull out a doll that the Dryad had given you, feeling a dark energy from within it as if some forbidden force was stored away in its woven exterior. With blank eyes, you throw the doll into a pool of lava, feel a sting in your heart as if you'd done something terrible, and within moments a giant wall of agonized flesh rose from the molten depths.
It was in self-defense...
You slash through the screaming flesh.
You twist your blade inside of it.
You pant heavily as it lay down in front of you, a heaping mass of organic matter.
And then the earth let out a roar.
Your footing became unsteady as the earth groaned and quaked, blue-tinted spirits arose from the depths of hell and vanished through the ashen ceiling above. The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released. You look into the mirror you carried in your pack and give yourself a long stare, the background through the glass changes and you are sitting in your room. The Dryad immediately barges through your door and congratulates you on a job well done. You still had a sinking feeling in your stomach.
That night, while the Dryad was still asleep, you crept into her room and went into a backroom that held her personal belongings. She had always been extremely adamant as to not let anyone into the backroom, not even you who had built the room for her. You fumble through a canvas bag placed neatly in a corner and pull out the first thing that catches your eye, a yellowed scroll that seems to enlighten you about the world around you. One section specifically catches your eye, it read:

"In the beginning, the Gods established a balance to guarantee fairness for all living creatures.
This balance was to be of paramount importance, with no cost too great in seeking its fufillment.
Eons have passed since the Gods first began testing the complexities of life in their fairness experiment.
In this process, countless living worlds were created and now exist within the Terraria universe.
Each world of Terraria is a sentient being that knows all that goes on and can feel the thoughts of all
living creatures, with their sole purpose being to ensure that the desired balance is maintained - often violently so.
The worlds utilize many defense mechanisms to ensure the balance is upheld at all costs - some of them are known as
the Hallow, Corruption and Crimson."

And it was then your eyes were opened. The Dryad was a threat that existed to push the scales in her favor, she sought not to keep balance, but destroy it until only "Purity" remained. She was using you for her own agenda. Suddenly, an earthen force was drawn up once more from below, an energy filled your mind and said:

"If this is how you truly feel, restore balance to the world -- embrace both of what is considered
"good" and "bad" in this world and become Terra Unitum."

View attachment 260511
Thank you for reading!

In the event having a two-faced skin is not possible, I'd like to just use the right-facing side:
View attachment 260504
Like dis.
my submission is the futuristic terrarian. his mask color which In this is green changes with shirt undershirt eye pants and shoe color. The lore for this is the future of terraria is near and you were mangled by plantera. Luckily you were saved by the cyborg and brought back to life by him and the nurse with some new robotic upgrades, but only half of your body had to be replaced so the right half is the robotic mask, but when you are facing left you can see the regular character's face with the clothes staying the same. the headpiece is the mask and the body and leg piece are the clothing. if you want to see the picture closer up you can see it here Draw Pixel Art Online - Pixilart. also, you can acquire this item on a half-moon in the jungle when plantera is defeated from the cyborg

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    931 bytes · Views: 114
Last edited:
I had this costume in my mind for a while, and not even for Terraria xd.
It consists of this like hero costume with a little reference on the head part.

I wrote the description on the picture because I literally made this Terraria Forums account right in this very moment so I didn't knew I could write here.
Anyways here is my Drawing:
wip.PNG

Leo's Hero Costume. (It's a lame name I know.)

The costume idea was a mix from a few things. Namely plague doctors and wizards.

I was also reminded of the Fish Bowl vanity helmet, and thought it would be cool to have something move around in my design too, so now there's a smol cloud

Colours were inspired from the Harpy enemy that always seems to arrive when I don't want them too.

Also put a small animation because it was fun to make (yes the clothes billows too much...(i'm still learning)) because I wanted to showcase how I imagined the cloud would move around while the player is idle/walking.

SkyMage.gif

ideas.jpg

La realización de este aspecto para el juego esta basada en la idea de una persona con un traje elegante y formal así como un hermoso casco en forma de taco idealizamos esto a partir del nombre de un amigo que me animo a realizar esta participación y espero de todo corazón que el resultado sea agradable y ameno para todos, asi como disfrutamos creando ese aspecto tan curioso, sofisticado y ocurrente!!!

Un enorme saludo y mucho animo para las personas que participan en serio son una enorme cantidad de participantes y muchos trabajos son sencillamente esplendidos!!!

Helm has to horns on top curing back slightly. A nose horn. A chin horn. Teeth around mouth where face would appear of wearer.a long main of hair made from dragons tail.

Chest peace is carved to a skeletal full plate piece with clawed gauntlets and a armored waist cloth that almost reaches the ground made of dragon skin (shed skin and all pieces of bone are actually carved from dragon horns that fall out like every other century sooooo no dragons where harmed during the making of this armor.)

Leggings are skeleton looking clawed feet with a back claw.

Spent weeks on this and hope its good enough. Almost didn't even try. The things gone through at least 12 different sets of armor with more details added each remake.

Dragon armor inspired by dream I had. A dragoon and his dragon companion. Who fight in a loosing battle end up surrounded. The dragon seeing that they had no chance of getting out of it together used a magic they had been working on. Its not a complete spell and they didn't know what the results would be. But it was the thing they thought could help their companion, their best friend. It caused them to infuse the armor with their soul. The dragoon gained the power to turn the tide of battle.

I'm not sure on name yet. Got some ideas.
That is the birth of the Dragon Soul armor. Armor of the Unbroken (unbroken bonds). Dragon Knight Armor. Zweigon armor.(two beings in that armor, zwei is German for 2) I have others.

The claws and feet are meant to work like the ninja claws in my dream.....it was basically a close combat armor that allowed for dragoon jumping capability. And ninja like climbing.
I have a weapon for it....but I won't put it except that it is a axe hammer and saw all in one and called the crescent dragon claw/fist.
20200411_222156.jpg

Last edited:
The Lordling's Garments;

:rslime:

Pixel Art
with sash
fanart2.png
fanart1.png
without sash

Concept Art
Terraria vanity.png

:kingslime:

Generally my idea centered around the idea that the Moon Lord was not the only one who was a "lord," as his color
was only mainly specific to the smallest planet. So with that idea, the moon lord is now dead and there needed to be a usurper of the throne. It felt like a complete ending, as everything was leading up to the moon lord, but I like the idea of the "there are others" theme. It also kinda explains why the martian invaders are so late game, as they are space invaders as well.
At the very top is the Moon Lord's mask in a more humanized form, as you have only defeated the Moon Lord, making claim only to yours and his lands. Next is the long kimono, inspired from all of the relative moon lore(d) used in Japanese folklore, with it's abstraction of the shogunate being the leading figure, and the colors are simply the colors of each planet for more symbolism. Finally, the sash which was originally going to have the planets on it, but seemed a bit much (or at least more than it already is) and became more definition of being
ruler of the moon, and the shoes which are simply a lack of shoes, or a darkened area.

:hoppinjack:

My idea of unlocking it is in hardmode as a drop from the Moon Lord's bag with a 100% chance rate. It can be split and changed and styled in many ways (I have some ideas [shoot for the Moon, as they say{heh}]), but if I were to choose, it'd be the mask as the headpiece, the kimono as the chestpiece, and the darkened shoes as the leggings, each piece respectively being named 'A Lordling's predecessor,' 'A Lordling's universe,' and 'A Lordling's void.'

:joy:

The Terraria logo and the Terraria earth was not by me. The Terraria earth no longer has a proper source but was made by someone, from a board called new-eden, by the name of Sqrout. If it turns out there is another example with earlier dated proof, I will give them credit.

:pinky:

Attachments

• Terraria vanity.png
    Terraria vanity.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 143
  • fanart2.png
    fanart2.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 98
  • fanart2.png
    fanart2.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 85
5ae19e92-0ad7-4b6a-8024-19d6821942dd.png

Here is my OC Kiv, and it's not a complicated design really. He has Shades and a custom jacket he's wearing. I'm not sure either this is PG-13 since he doesn't have any pants, but I guess I'll find one once it's judged.

sorry i don't speak english so use google translator XD

My vanity set is as follows:
Cosmic Armor.jpg
Cosmic_Armor.png

Cosmic_Helmet.png

Cosmic_Plate.png

Cosmic_Leggs.png

-The name of the set is cosmic
-This is a post moonlord set created from a new material called cosmite
-It is not focused on any specific class as it brings bonuses to all
-The first time moonlord is defeated in a world open a 100% chance of a galactite meteorite falling
-The cosmite would be created from fragments of the pillars, luminite and galactite
-The full armor set will have 65 defense and plow 20% more damage of any type and will allow to fly
-The entire set will cast a purple glow around the character
-Without full armor, the leggings will allow you to do an extra jump

Attachments

• Cosmic_Armor.png
    Cosmic_Armor.png
    749 bytes · Views: 91
Last edited:
I’ve based my design off of… well… ice!
My favourite biome in the game. Kinda sad that it’s not as popular as the other biomes and with the scarcity of ice-related entries in this contest, I thought that an icy vanity would be a “cool” addition to the game. ;)

Tempered Ice Set.png
3 Types.gif

The idea of this vanity armour is that it’s made out of tempered ice, which means that it becomes stronger when it’s exposed to anything hot. This essentially makes any form of heat a way to improve the armour’s robustness. (Tempering in the real world is mainly done to steels and metals, but I think the concept of tempering ice is pretty neat.)

Descriptions of individual pieces:
Preferred names are bolded.

Thermal Visor/Tempered Visor/Tempered Goggles:
Tooltip: “This is going to be a frigid sight.”
Obtaining: Defeat The Twins whilst in a snow/ice biome.
A light blue visor. When in it’s “iced” state it will shine occasionally. (see provided GIF)

Tempered Ice Chestplate/Tempered Ice Breastplate/Tempered Iceplate:
Tooltip: “You feel the cold getting airier around you.”
Obtaining: Defeat Skeletron Prime whilst in a snow/ice biome.
A dark teal chestplate with two shoulder pads accompanied with a pair of light gray arm gloves. The shoulder pads have several icicles fixated on them. The chestplate also has a special core located above the player’s heart called the “Heart of Ice.” The heart has 3 different modes that I’ve summarized in the image above, but I’ve added a few more notes about them here:

• A tempered heart should spin faster than an iced heart due to adrenaline, and an iced heart should spin faster than an idle heart due to exerting more energy. (Tempered > Iced > Idle)

• I’m very unsure as to how the heart should react under the frostburn debuff, it’s up to you to decide

Refer to the Additional Notes section below if the descriptions addressed in the image prove too complicated.

Endothermic Joggers/Thermal Joggers/Endothermicapris
Tooltip: “You feel deep glaciations from below.”
Obtaining: Defeat The Destroyer whilst in a snow/ice biome.
Heat-absorbing pants and light gray shoes. Shoes have a white sole and an icicle above the heel (where the Achilles tendon lies). This icicle will shine when “iced.”

Sprites.png

Additional Notes:

For obtaining the vanity pieces, you must kill the respective mechanical boss in a snow biome. However at least 75% of the fight has to take place in the snow biome itself. This is to avoid the exploit of lowering the boss down to miniscule HP and finishing them off in the snow biome.
(The tooltips are based off of the mechanical bosses’ summoning messages too!)

Of course the sprites I created are proof of concept, don't hesitate to revamp them!

I've also tried to sprite a female version of the chestplate, but the difference was unnoticeable. If you can design a female variant of the chestplate that would be fantastic!

If the “Heart of Ice” effect is too complex to implement in the game, then feel free to simplify it.
Some ideas:

• Tempered sprite upon the use of a fiery weapon only, Iced sprite upon the use of an icy weapon only

• Tempered sprite in the underworld only, Iced sprite in the snow/underground ice only

• Tempered sprite when below 25% HP, Iced sprite when above 75% and Idle sprite for the remainder

• Tempered sprite when fighting a boss, Iced sprite upon defeating a boss

As long as the 3 different heart modes I’ve sprited have a way of appearing in the game, I’m happy. :happy:

Lastly, there’s no way I’m just going to post my entry without giving your team a huge thanks. I know hundreds of other entries have done this, but it must be said. An amazing game is only as good as the development team who made it.

So from the bottom of our hearts, the whole Terraria community thanks you. <3
(Also 30+ million copies sold!!! Holy cow!)

20181227_033443 (1).jpg
WellWornArmor.PNG

"Well-Worn Armor"
"This slightly rusty set of armor feels familiar, as if it's owner wore it proudly in times of old. You can feel the strength that once coursed through it."

Every journey comes to an end, and although it's at it's close we have our memories. We all have that one world we keep going back to over and over, constantly improving as we get better at the game. We walk through it, remembering the times we had with our friends, the epic battles we fought, and the incredible buildings and art we made. From that first chaotic night, getting your bearings with nothing but copper to now, coated in celestial elements, master of your worlds, you grew. You didn't always realize it, but one day that simple find in that cave would become your favorite helmet. That piece of armor you farmed for months to get that you never took off. All the little things that you look back on that made Terraria truly an inspiring, incredible experience.

That's what I want this armor to represent. Sure, it might not be the flashiest of pieces, or even the most impressive, but it's the details that make something beautiful, no matter how small. From that first wood shack to your latest castle in the sky, your choice of clothing stuck with you.
Thanks for reading, and thank you for creating such a wild experience.

Good luck!

The French Knight
Hey Guys!

This vanity set is inspired by the medieval french knight. I made the sprite, and sprite sheet for an NPC in my mod.

Here's the sprite:

French_Knight2.png

Knight.gif

(original sprite)

Here's the inspiration for this sprite:

Real_French_Knight.jpg

I changed a few parts and added my own personal touch to it. I'm no master spriter, but I'm practicing. This will probably need a resprite, and that's fine.

Thank you so much for looking at my ideas/sprites. I'd love for this to be included, good luck everyone! :D

-Mateo35

Last edited:
I would like to contribute a sort of "wasteland" set to Terraria. I really like the gas masks and puffy coats of a more northern post-apocalyptic aesthetic and feel it would make a great addition to Terraria's already fantastic array of vanity sets and items. The blue parts on the "artwork" below are parts that would change color when dye is applied, all other colors are temporary and can/will be textured if needed to match Teraria's style better. I didn't have the best idea how to go about making this, but I did the best I could and hope it's received well. The set comes in four parts as follows:

he on his way.jpg

1: "Cape" - a backpack that could perhaps bounce (more so than the player already does) as the player walks/moves.
2: Mask - a fairly average older-looking gas mask with a large filter hanging down.
3: Coat - a warm down coat to keep the body warm. features a puffy fur collar and some toasty gloves.
4: Pants - Some warm wool slacks with some thick boots and a colored stripe down the legs

there he is 2.png

I hope this does well and I wish everyone good luck in the contest!

Attachments

• there he is 1.png
    there he is 1.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 191
  • there he is 2.png
    there he is 2.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
A little late, but here's my entry!!! It took me a good while to figure out the design, but it's basically an amalgamation of designs I love:)
Thank you so much for this opportunity, Terraria is legitimately my favorite game of all time, and has been for years, and for something like this, that supports, not only the terraria community, but artists, makes me so grateful that there are game devs as cool as you, and that I have put so much time into a game as beautiful as Terraria.

<3 <3 <3

It would likely just be called "Jace's set", so like, "Jace's Hood", "Jace's Gear", "Jace's Outerwear". Something like that. Like the dev sets.

I'm excited to see what happens, and good luck to everyone else!!! <3

Terraria Contest Entry.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom