Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkness Traveller Armor

Belongs to the Darkness Traveller. He is an unknown figure that wanders around. He wears a blue armor with green energy-cracks, but he is also feared because of his creepy mask that has dark tentacles coming out of the back. Because this armor is only for him, it won't have any effect if someone else wears it. It would only lookgood.:merchantwink:

Attachments

• Darkness_Traveller.png
    Darkness_Traveller.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200412_104223.jpg
    20200412_104223.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 112
Hello!!! My submission is The Starry Night Set.
This set consists of a Lunar Hat, Cypress Shirt, and Village Pants.
A funny tooltip for this set could be “Comes with a free ear!”
Terraria is the best game ever created and I hope that I can contribute this vanity set to it!
Thanks for considering my submission!

07BB7C97-913E-42CB-A3A7-4556F73A94ED.jpeg

Duality
Originally a skilled swordsman, the hero now known only as Duality was chosen by the gods to keep the world balanced. Obeying, he donned this hi-tech set of armour to combat anything that threatened the equilibrium of reality. Defeated in a battle against a creature of such raw incomprehensible power, his armour is all that remains of Duality.

It can work as a vanity set or armour. Ideally, the core in his chest would leave a trail not unlike that of the nebula blaze, the colour perhaps becoming brighter or dimmer depending on movement. This could potentially be obtained very late in the game, revealing the immense power of the Moon Lord.

Attachments

• IMG_4178.PNG
    IMG_4178.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 114
pixil-frame-0 (2).png
hi this is my submission it is fire cultist
flaming head that make sparks.

fire robe with gloves and a hood.

flaming boots that leave a fire trail on the ground (does no damage)

i entered even tho i dont do these things but looked fun so... I dont expect this to do good I just wanted to contribute :)

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

The Terrarian Carrier
We handle dangerous goods with minimal lawsuit.
Monsters cannot sue.

This is based off of the stereotypical postman's uniform, shades of blue with a brown satchel. Of course, there's a hint of green on the cap to reference Terraria.
The idea is a letter carrier who delivers pain for the big baddies of the world. The colors aren't as important as the idea.

The files I included are a PNG for your quick review, and a .zip folder holding both the PNG and the Paint.net file I used to make it.
If you browse around in the Paint.net file, you'll see I added two different hats, a bucket cap and an explorer's helmet. Neither snow nor rain, y'know?
If this submission is chosen, I wouldn't be upset with the simple cap in the .png being picked, but if the folks in the art department want to switch it up a bit, I assume they'll let me know.

For any reasonable purpose prior further questions, this is my submission.

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity Submission - The Terraria Carrier.zip
    4 KB · Views: 96
  • Terraria Vanity Submission - The Terrarian Carrier.png
    Terraria Vanity Submission - The Terrarian Carrier.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 115
Terraria submission.PNG
A dinosaur set that i spent an afternoon or two on; While scrolling through the other submissions it turns out that this was a popular choice but i hope my rendition stands out :) (Possible design change could add a more filled in pupil and/or have the players head placed inside the mouth)

Last edited:
Hello!

Let’s just jump straight into it, shall we? I present: The Arc Knight set! A rather spiky mess of purple and gold.​

Terraria Vanity contest Entry Assembled (no Background) Final.png

Here are the pieces...

index.php

Helmet

• Very spiky: Not for use as stool.
  • It’s a helmet, what more can I say.
  • Mostly dark blue/purple. Small piece at the bottom is grey.
  • The neck piece is also grey, stripes show different sections
  • Visor is gold, with a glowing blue light underneath (light - glowmask 100% brightness)
  • May have been slightly inspired by the Titanium Mask, but I only noticed that once I had finished drawing. Whoops…

Chestpiece (also includes the cape)

• Again, mostly a kind of dark blue/purple…
  • The bottom half of the chestplate is grey striped, like the neck. The stripes are meant to be individual pieces that join together, I’m not really sure where I was going with that…
  • The shoulder pads, a bit of the chestplate, sections on the elbow things, and also the hand things (I have no idea what they’re actually called) are all gold.
  • The pieces on the elbow thing that aren’t blue or gold, are a lighter purple.
  • The gloves are black (or very dark grey). There are also some black details on the arm sections.
  • There are a lot of glowing blue lights dotted about. These are all using a glowmask, with 100% brightness.

Cape (part of the chestpiece item)

• The cape is attached to the chestpiece, so when it is equipped, both the chestpiece and the cape display. It is not an individual item.
  • The cape is displayed behind the character, as opposed to covering a portion of it
  • It’s not stripy, I’m just bad at shading.
  • The cape is a similar colour to the dark blue/purple used elsewhere on this design, but much darker (approaching black) so that it is visually distinct from other elements it may be touching.
  • The cape comes all the way down to the character’s feet, but does not touch the ground
  • If possible, the cape would be animated. More detail on that later.

Leggings / Boots

• Are attached together, so will both display when equipped in the legs slot.
  • They use the same colour scheme as the rest of the design. The actual leg sections themselves are dark blue/purple, the knee pads and the boots are gold, except for the very bottom sections of the boots, which are dark grey.
  • The details at the top of the leggings are dark purple, dark grey, and glowing blue. These are partially hidden behind the chestplate.
  • As with the chestplate, there are lots of glowing blue lights on the leggings. The claws on the boots also glow blue. As with all other light blue sections on this design, they use a glowmask, with 100% brightness.

Glowmasks

• As mentioned several times, all light blue sections are using a glowmask.
  • They are all at 100% brightness, so that when the design is equipped, and the player is in complete darkness, they will be as bright as they would be in a well-lit environment.
  • The light blue areas are the only use of glowmasks in this design
  • They do not actually produce light, as it’s just a vanity set.

Notes

• If possible, there would be a small reflection effect in the gold sections, not much, a bit like the reflective gold dye.
  • There is little-to-no difference between the male and female variants.
  • I mentioned earlier that the cape could be animated, if that’s allowed/possible. It would trail behind the character while walking/running, and billow out while falling.
  • Yes, I know I’m bad at drawing hands…
  • Having re-read the rules, I understand that there is a bit of a grey area when it comes to capes. I have been worrying about this a little… If my design’s cape breaks the rules in any way, please consider my design without the cape. Thank you.

Lore

Not really necessary, but it’s fun, so I decided to leave it in. Here goes…

“The Arc Knights were once a guild of elite warriors who patrolled the land, obliterating any threats to Terraria’s peace. That was over a thousand years ago now. The Knights themselves are all but dead, and only a single set of their legendary armour remains intact. Are you brave enough to try it on?”

Now forget you read that…

Design

• All artwork was done by me: digital drawings and image edditing in Paint.net; sprite in Piskel; and the infographic in Microsoft Publisher.
  • I didn’t have a reference image, or an existing design/character to draw, I just started drawing, and ended up with this.
  • I was probably inspired slightly by various armour sets from games, films, ect, but any obvious similarities are coincidental. I hope…
  • If you have any issues/queries with my design, I’d be happy to discuss them via email.

Other Stuff

Terraria Vanity contest Infographic Final.png
Terraria Vanity contest Sprite (still, no background).png
View attachment Terraria Vanity contest colour sketch cropped.png

I had an absolute blast designing this, and I learnt a few new skills too! I hope I haven’t broken any rules anywhere… Best of luck to everyone else who entered, and I can’t wait to see which amazing designs are chosen. Thank you for taking the time to read all this, I did write rather a lot, didn’t I…​

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity contest Seperate Annotated final (no background).png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:
The Ancient Cyber Armor Set
Ancient_Armor_Set.png
Ancient_set128x128.png

Mostly inspired by hardmode metal armors
I'm not good at thinking tooltips but I made a lore in it.This armor is used by ancient guardians in a destroyed advance alien race. They have a lot of similar biological features to human leaving the armor with 4 limbs, 1 head, torso etc. It's very old that unknown elements is scattered around it.

I hope I can have a chance of putting this in game. I know it does not look that attractive but goodluck to all of us. I love you terraria...and you too moonlord.

Last edited:
Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission - Revenant Armour.png
For the vanity contest, I have created the Revenant Armour set, a shadowy figure returned from the dead to haunt the living. This is made up of a hood, ragged cloak and torn pants. The female version is on the left and the male is on the right. you can tell them apart from the little bit more cloak covering up the chest area on the female.

Dwarven armour:

-Helmet with horns and ginger beard, the brown parts of the helmet is leather and gray parts metal

-Shoulderguards: metal on the egde leather in the middle, leather gloves, strip of leather with metal buckle on it

-Leather pants and boots

Attachments

• dwarf pixel art.png
    dwarf pixel art.png
    928 bytes · Views: 93
  • dwarf pixel art helmet and beard.png
    dwarf pixel art helmet and beard.png
    619 bytes · Views: 90
  • dwarf pixel art body.png
    dwarf pixel art body.png
    509 bytes · Views: 83
  • dwarf pixel art pants and boots.png
    dwarf pixel art pants and boots.png
    339 bytes · Views: 94
Terraria costume contest mk 2.png
Terraria costume contest Details and mock up.png

Here's my ideal costume addition, I call it the Dark Enchantress Costume. Male version would probably be easy to create just by removing the corset (or keep it!), but as there are already female focused costumes such as the wedding dress, this should fit well.

Dark Enchantress Mask
Dark Enchantress Corset/Blouse
Dark Enchantress Rune Boots

(Edit: Forgot to mention but I'd definitely like the magic around the hat and (to a lesser extent) the tattered cape to be somewhat animated and not just static all the time)

Also the hair isn't included in my costumes head piece, and ideally the players hair (whatever colour) would be visible behind it. But otherwise, black hair suits alright.
Intended to be something to wear as an end-game mage, but I drew her holding the wand of sparking to be inclusive of any level mage!

Good luck everyone! And thank you Terraria devs! This is such an amazing chance to give to your community <3

<3 - Themessy42

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom