Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TERARARARARARARARARAR.png

The Dr. (Vanity Set)

Dr_Seb Terraria Journey's End (2020) Vanity Set Contest Submission

I know that my submission is in a file format, however, that is the only way it would work. Also, although it is a bit long, please read it through as I have put a lot of thought and effort into the whole design of my vanity set (the set, lore, etc.). The file has a table of contents (on the first page) for easy access.

I am 100% flexible with the idea and will be okay to work within any constraints!

I hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Dr_Seb - Terraria Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission.pdf
    172.8 KB · Views: 129
The selection of dresses in Terraria is highly limited; to be fair, much of it comes with the design of them on such a tiny body. However, what about those of us who want to dress up in-game in a truly extravagant gown? Well, I present you an answer to such a conundrum and my submission:
Terrarococo Set.png

The Terrarococo Set~!

A set of vanity items that brings the majesty of Rococo period garments to Terraria! While true, mostly made with females in mind, males should be able to wear this just like they can wear any other female set in the game!

I had a hard time deciding on how much detail to include, as well as what colors to put in, but I ended up satisfied with this!

I made the Arcane trickster set. Hiding behind a mask with a flashy attire, ready to mess with people. I divided up the basic armor pieces, drew the main art, and tried making a more terraria-esque version of it. it is all the same set.

His headpiece consist of his red/purple mask with gold goggles and black lenses, wearing a fancy dark purple hat with red feather

His torso consists of a purple bodysuit with some patches of diamond-shaped red. He also wears white gloves, and on his arms some sparkly gems have been embroidered. last but not least is his small purple cape which ends in two points. the outside of the cape is purple whilst the inside is checkered white/black. his cape is held on his person by a large gem on his chest.

his legs consist of soft purple and red colors in a wave-like pattern, and end with his white shoes which are endorsed with red gems on top.
terraria arcane trickster.png

Here's my submission to this contenst, the Thievin' Gear set.
ThievingThreadsFull.png
ThievingThreadsPants.png
ThievingThreadsJacketNoPants.png
ThievingThreadsDanna.png

This is a mock-up of what it would look like equipped, and what each of the pieces look individually.

ThievingThreadsSet.PNG

This is a mock-up of its inventory sprites.

These are the name I gave to each piece of the set while making them.

Head:
Thievin' Danna

Body:
Thievin' Trench

Legs:
Thievin' Slacks

maid terraria.png

Ultimately, I decided to submit a maid vanity set as Terraria currently does not have one. I think it's great to give players vanity sets in order to further customise their own characters.

The art and sprite were both done by me. The pixel art is merely a suggestion of what the outfit could potentially look like in-game, and was my first attempt at pixel art.

In-game scale representation:
header.jpg

Runic Warrior Large A-export.gif

My submission, the Runic Warrior set! Opted to do pixel art directly since it's what I know best.

The Runic Warrior set is a dark, mysterious suit of armour, featuring strange, glowing runes, a luminescent pink crystal in the chest and a fashionable cape to tie it all together! Noone quite knows where the suit came from originally, but it appears to be ancient as the runes that dot the suit's cape are impossible to translate. Just what its purpose was and who originally wore it is a mystery, and mysteries make for huge fashion statements!

The cape would wave behind the character as they walk, and be dotted with the little green glowing dots we see elsewhere on the suit as a standin for mysterious runes in an ancient language. Also I realise now that the boots and gloves don't really stand out from the template character underneath but they're meant to be sortoff a silvery colour.

Last edited:
Do you remember the first time you played Terraria? If you're like me, you probably were greeted by one or two bunnies and a couple green and blue slimes. If you're also like me, you probably saw how the poor bunnies were crushed to death by gelatinous blobs or stabbed and shot by players and Guides alike. And if you're really similar to me, you might have wondered, what if these poor balls of white fur had a bigger, stronger and meaner cousin living on the moon? No? Just me? Alright, let me explain.

Many cultures have a legend that connects rabbits to the moon, saying that they originally came from there, or that there are rabbits living on it right now. But what if this was actually the case in Terraria? What if there was a race of human-sized, technologically advanced rabbits? What if the critters that we constantly kill on purpose or on accident were a smaller, less intelligent cousin of the Lunar Rabbits? Considering the amount of moon related stuff Terraria already has, this felt like a match made in heaven.

And so the Lunar Rabbits were born, an ancient race of, well, rabbits who lived on the moon.

Now extinct, they left us Terrarians a futuristic looking armor who suits any class, but is specially fitting for both rangers and people who get mad when you "accidentally" kill a bunny. It takes inspiration from real life riot gear and gas masks, but also the Cyborg, Vortex and Shroomite Sets, and the Rabbit Team from Lobotomy Corporation. The color palette is actually lifted from the Vortex set, but the armor is designed with dyes in mind, so you can color the cyan bits with your favorite color while the rest of the armor remains gray.

On a more technical side, the main components of the set are the rabbit ears, the fur and the big, round eyes. Smaller details like the segmentation of the ears, the tubes coming out of the mask and overall shape of the chest piece are not as important and may not translate well into the very small and very pixelated player sprite. I'd say it's not too over the top while still being a complex design for its size. I'm very bad a pixel art, but I did my best to take the limitations of the medium into account when making this.

The Last Lunar Rabbit (design).png

I'm honestly very proud of it, and while it would be nice to get chosen as a finalist and even get my design into the game, I'm just glad I managed to design something for a style I'm not familiar at all. (How do you guys even manage to make armors look as good as they do with so few pixels?)

Anyways, enough rambling, good luck everyone!

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• EA0BB9EF-E03C-446C-9920-24702D944ECD.jpeg
    EA0BB9EF-E03C-446C-9920-24702D944ECD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
this is my work, it's a kind of placement weapon, belonging to the later stage.

To produce up to three pieces from a crystal.

Lightning attacks enemy .

3915bfdfdbd9649f.png

Crystal uses light blue halo to highlight its power
The column adopts visual impact to show its extraordinary
The protruding part at the bottom is the energy filling area (my ability is limited, and I can't draw a moving picture). Use the big gem as the filling energy block
Its field size is 3 times 5

I made this Delljake's space suit
the suit is most suitable with the laser rifle
the suit belongs to delljake, this is the special space suit given to the very secretive special task force 512 SBR it is the new issued armour forged with Special Diamond Titanium infused carbon fiber in which the suit is dipped in shroomite which is why its blue it will soon be issued to the world of terraria to defend us in what's coming in 1.4 journey's end.

PNG image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom