Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my design--The Chinese Emperor Set !
I designed a emperor's crown and a dragon robe. So the set only contains two parts , just like The Rune Set in the game .
The pictures can be used in the game by just transforming it into .xnb .
I hope this dignity Chinese Emperor Set will be selected !

Attachments

• Emperor.png
    Emperor.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Emperor.png
    Emperor.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Emperor (2).png
    Emperor (2).png
    1.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Emperor (3).png
    Emperor (3).png
    4.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Emperor (4).png
    Emperor (4).png
    4 KB · Views: 91
  • Emperor (5).png
    Emperor (5).png
    4.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Emperor (6).png
    Emperor (6).png
    4 KB · Views: 95
Here is my submission
View attachment 237608
- Drew it in Adobe Animate.

Design Features:
- A helmet that resembles an ant, the helmet is yellowish-orange
- A chestplate and leggings that are dark-gray (with a slight hint of purple)
- Leggings that are dark-gray and purplish.
- The chestplate has a purple spiky design pattern
- Gloves and boots are the same color as the helmet
- The helmet has eye slots (which are a light-grayish blue)
- Has a "speaking slot" which is a darker blue than the eye slots.

"Micidae Knight" - Sworn to protect their queen (who is fond of ants) this knight is a very furious fighter and will go to any length to make sure the queen is safe.

"Micidae" was taken from the ants scientific name which is Formicidae (at least according to google)

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Here, my submission since I accidentally posted it in the wrong spot,twice(sorry)
IMG_20200412_150536.png

Behold! My idea for the Terraria Vanity Contest! What beith it thy may ask? Tis some gaseous amalgamation, a man who has been so consumed in his toxic purge of the many enemies in the vast land of Terraria, that he has been consumed by the very thing he wields, his flesh and bones becoming the hazardous material he so loved. Featuring: the Toxic Trooper. Ripped jeans, black hoodie, steel-toed boots, a gas mask, and a full capsule of his substance strapped to his back make this vanity costume a full set. Perhaps you'll find this collection in the land of toxins and pain: The Jungle. Or mayhaps one of the frequently found Toxic Sludges may indulge you with this critically acclaimed fashion of the year. So get out there young adventurers and claim your prize before the time is too late! Special thanks to the gorlfriend for assisting me in the drawing.
Capture.PNG
Toxic Drawing.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Here is my design for fire vanity outfit for us who love the idea of fire!
Here is a couple notes on the outfit i want to add in text to make it clear as possible:

-Outfit has a fire glow to it, but of course won't cause any light in game.

- notice the ground behind the legs as it leave a tiny little trail of fire behind each step.

-Names of my design:
-Flamara
-Fire Spirit
-Sun-eater
at the end i understand developers decision! I can't wait to see all the other designs! thank you for the opportunity, I had so much fun!
flamara.jpg

Jwood.png

This design is inspired by the well known boss,the destroyer. The orbs are a replacement for hands and arms. I want to make the player FEEL like the destroyer but also make the design different from the original so when you are fighting the destroyer the player is not confused on who they are.

Anyway have a good day and stay healthy.

Hello terrariens! Fist of all i want to give a big thanks to user omanora who made an amazing design that inspired me to make a vanity set myself. so a massiv thanks to him/her. i know that im a little late but i have worked on this design for a while an i like it quite a lot and i hope you will like it to i call it the "Beyond worlds". good luck to everyone <3

(Edit) this is my first time pixelarting btw :D

Attachments

• Beyond worlds.jpg
    Beyond worlds.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I created The Outlander.
I have a love for post apocalypse fighters and I feel he personifies it. A man lost in this deserted world making his way through and seeing whats left behind. With the theme of radioactivity, if its possible I'd like him to emit a light green aura of light.

The character is emphasized with a green radioactive accent. He has green radioactive goggles to his gas mask and carries glowing grenades. The rest of his outfit is torn up old gear consisting of cape, hood, and old fireman's pants.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Untitled presentation (4).jpg

download.pngTerrariaCharacter (1)11.png

Last edited:
Had a bunch of crazy ideas including slime, cardboard, starry tuxedos, and a floating cloud but here's my final entry !

The Superhero Costume

"When a spy from the Corruption infiltrated the Order of the Dryads, they saw the error they made. To redeem themselves, they decided to put the power acquired from both sides for the good of all Terrarians... Or it could just be a Halloween costume."
Superhero Costume Hi-res.png

It's based on the 60s flashy-contrasty-caped-underpants-over-pants-superhero costumes. (Looking at you, Clark Kent !)

It could do with some changes like shading (but not too much, as the flatness and the lack of texture is part of the concept) or the eyes, that don't look quite right. :rolleyes:

Also, if it wasn't clear the logo of this superhero is a T-shaped tree ( You know, the initial and the logo of a certain sandbox indie game... ;) ), and the colors are based on the Purity and Corruption.

It's composed of :
Superhero Leggings Hi-res.png
Superhero Cape Hi-res.png
Superhero Mask Hi-res.png

The Superhero Leggings - The Superhero Cape - The Superhero Mask
"Flashy ! Contrasty !" - "Blows in the wind !" - "Really uncomfortable !"

The cape could move when there's wind (oh wait that doesn't exist in Terraria) and when the player jumps/falls. The yellow parts could have a glowmask (or maybe just the belt and/or the eyes, it depends on how it looks).

Well, that's all for my submission, good luck to all participants ! <3

P.S.: Kinda worried of how this will look with Dyes, hope it will not be awful... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT : Yeah, almost forgot to talk about female versions !
I think it shouldn't change that much the costume itself... Maybe a pointier mask and Skirt + boots instead of the leggings...
Superhero Mask (Female).png
Superhero Skirt.png

P.P.S.: How do these masks even stick on your face ??

Last edited:
Here is my entry for the Journey's End Vanity Contest.

I'd like to introduce my creation of the 'Slime Queen'. I've created this outfit because of my favorite item (and also one of the first ones I directly obtained by luck), the slime staff.
The outfit is a turquoise wavy dress which contains a baby slime pin on the back, from where slime is spreading out which creates small baby slimes.
I've also added some sparkling effects like the rainbows flying around the character.

For the first time I've also created a pixel art example of my artwork, but sadly didnt have enough time to animate it.
I imagined that the slime from the back of the dress would be animated in a way that it kind of floats from the back down to the ground, the rainbow effects slowly appearing and disappearing, and the bokeh slowly moving from the bottom to the top, also slowly disappearing and reappearing after a few seconds.
The baby slimes around the character behave exactly like the baby slime ingame. Also, the crown and the bokeh shine when its dark.

I hope you enjoy my artwork, I wish you all the best!

Kind regards,

MounaShine

Slime_Queen_by_MounaShine.jpg

It is the Bonesaw from the original spiderman movie but as a skeleton because he is now a BONE saw

Attachments

• Bone saw.png
    Bone saw.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 149
Demonic Persuasion
Once worn by a demonically corrupted Terrarian, now in your hands!
Late Submission.png

Her Story
Once upon a time these clothes were worn by a fair lass, whom would roam the untouched land of a new 1.3 world. Being the first expert in her field, she struggled with several areas and took plenty of tries to defeat new bosses and progress. She developed a sort of love for new adventures and challenges. And how harder it got, the more she would play. But eventually, it all would end. Her love for challenge and rewards had turned her into one of the maddening demons she had so furiously fought and won over valiantly.

Now in a world with no challenge for her anymore, she wandered aimlessly. No bosses to dominate over, as the lord of the moon already bowed down before her might.

Untill the player created new characters and new stories. She became evermore forgotten, or atleast she thought she was. but no..

Because modded was a whole new journey..

TL;DR: This vanity set is closely based off of the story I wrote for my first expert mode character whom I have wanted to create in Modded now for a long time but I haven't had the chance to since I've yet to find a good vanity outfit that matches her new identity. I could have gone with her vanilla outfit but then the contest came at just the right time :D

Point of reference
Though I don't have a reference for the horns, I do have a reference for the boots and dress

Screenshot_7.png

I hope 1.4 will be a new journey all over again, and hopefully not. My Journey's End

БРАНЯ МАЙНКРАФТ.png

Hello the developers of Terraria, looking at the cool weapons of Dao Pao, it occurred to me to make such armor! (this does not mean that I was plagiarized)
It will be called something like: Yin-Yang Armor, or Zen Armor, i.e.:
1) Zen Helmet (Yin Yang)
2) Zen Plate (Yin Yang)
3) Zen Leggings (Yin Yang)

I would also like to imagine a possible craft: armor, that is, pieces of light and darkness and souls of light and night, as well as saints and bars of biome distortion or Crimson. My nickname is Kastiil, call Artyom :)I also wish good luck to all players. (And yes, I do not speak English well, so sorry for the mistakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom