Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My submission

Attachments

• VINCE.gif
    VINCE.gif
    4 KB · Views: 123
here is my set. I know it looks a bit messy and there are erase marks. enjoy!

you can edit my design if you put it in the game.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_175847.jpg
    IMG_20200409_175847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • TerrariaCharacter (1).png
    TerrariaCharacter (1).png
    2.7 KB · Views: 133
  • TerrariaCharacter (2).png
    TerrariaCharacter (2).png
    2.3 KB · Views: 121
  • TerrariaCharacter.png
    TerrariaCharacter.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 126
Screenshot_2020-04-08 Piskel - Oni Mask.png
Screenshot_2020-04-12 Piskel - New piskel(1).png
Screenshot_2020-04-12 Piskel - New piskel.png

So, i made a Set based on japanese culture, japanese demons, to be precise. This Set (made in Piskel) represents an Oni.

Headgear: So for the Headgear (It's name is "Asura's Andacht") there is a traditional Oni Mask, with a red dot on the forehead, two white horns and long with sharp horn-looking teeth. the eyes are red, as an Oni is an traditionally an evil beeing.

Chestgear: The Chestplate (named: "Beyond's Core") is a white chestplate with black arm-armor and purple shoulderplates. In the middle of the chestplate is a hole, which allows one to see the "Core" of this demon, a fiery, read-like looking soul right in the middle of it's body. ( That's the read thing on the chestplate). There are two lead chains that go from ones shoulders two the "Soul".

Legs/Feet: The Leggings (named: "Asura's Aufbruch") we have grey shoes made out of steel, with a red spike at the back of it, used for several japanese fighting techniques. Involving hard kicks and precise cutting with it while they also function as the spikes, that are typically used to cheer on one's horse when riding.
I've also made a paint version showing the chest and feet two make absolutely clear, what the armor represents, if something is not clear from the sprites.
Again, the red thing in the middle of the chestplate is the "soul". Generally the Set's name is "Beyond Death Set". I imagine this set beeing dropped from The Wall of Flesh's treasure bag or one of the new Bosses treasure Bags. Another Idea is to only let the Set only drop if a certain boss is defeated in the Underworld, allthough that would make it much harder to obtain (except it's the Wall of Flesh). The Design can of course be edited if it's put in the game and the way it is obtained can of course also be decided on then and without me.

Good Luck to everyone, and greetings to the devs for hosting such an amazing competition. <3
asuras-andenken1.png

just a thought but maybe you could add a baby duke fishron pet
I know they have a tempest staff but it would be nice to add something harder like the fishron wings
Maybe same drop rate as eaters bone or the bone rattle
Or maybe all the bosses have there own mini pet, not the twins though ''optic staff''. Or summons like a Lunatic Cultist
Definitely more events maybe more cross overs like the old ones army.

Note: just ideas do what ever you want.:D

:gslime:Techno-mancer:gslime:
pixil-frame-0.png

"Responsible for 9/10 zombie computers"

Techno-mancer.gif

This is my first terraria sprite and I am thrilled to post it as a submission for the Terraria Vanity competition. This vanity set is for all you computer-love mages out there!

Note for the devs: Feel free to improve upon my set if you decide to but it in game, and thank you so much for this amazing opportunity to bring together this community! <3

Here is my subbmition I made the art back in october for the inktober challenge; and I immediately knew i was going to use it. Hopfully you like it :)

IMG_1033 #2.jpg

(Its an post apocalyptic styled human with a gas mask and an oxygen tank on his back.)
It wold also be cool if when you hadd the whole set it wold emit a gas clowd when you put it on!

This is The Dream Phantom. The set consists of
  • Dream Phantom's Mask; the eyes glow dark purple in the dark
  • Dream Phantom's Breastplate; the breastplate layout is similar to that of the Clothier's jacket and the Nebula Armor breastplate
  • Dream Phantom's Pants
I originally called him the Reaper Assassin, but as I went through the design process, I decided to go with The Dream Wanderer because of the persona aimed for. 3 pages of concepts and over 30 google searches made for this outfit.

As a backstory, the Dream Phantom is actually a human who got obtained psychic powers in the dream realm. The dream realm serves as an escape from the real world and to fulfill their hunger for knowledge of the world. The Dream Phantom's disguise can only exist if the bearer is completely silent in both voice and thought. Thinking or speaking will cause the armor to fade. The mask has a third eye to channel magical powers and allowing maneuver across dimensions. Despite the deadly appearance of an assassin, the Dream Phantom dislikes weapons or killing, and bears a purple shield and uses their psychic powers to get around the dangers of the dream realm and other dimensions. Sometimes, the Dream Phantom visits other people's dreams to offer some wisdom or to combat the evils of nightmares. In the end, the Dream Phantom is a human wanting to avoid the spotlight, explore the wonders of the world and the universe, and seek peace from the chaos and struggles of life.

I decided to do this all on paper, so at the bottom, I drew how the sprite might look like. If there is anything confusing about the outfit, let me know and I will expand the descriptions.
dream wanderer.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone! This is my submission for the contest:
pixil-layer-Layer 2 (1).png

(I cant draw on a computer lel)

My submission is an type of Wizard set.

It consists of:
1)a Wizard's Hat
2)a Wizard's Robes
3)a Wizard's Boots

I know its almost the last day for submissions, but imma really excited to see all the submissions that are going to be posted.

Good luck to everyone who is participating in this!

Last edited:
-- The Starborn Crow Set--

Head: The starborn crow's skull

Body: The starborn crow's Breastplate

Legs: The Starborn Crow's Leggings

Effects

1.) The Head Vanity For this set (The Skull) will create star shaped particles when moving that fade overtime, These particles emit a light thats not too bright, but still visible in the dark.
2.) The Main Effect Of This Set is a Pulsing Aura around the whole armor, Similar to the hallowed Armor Set.

3.) While and ONLY in the Space Biome, the Whole Set Will Become Transparent, Strongly Similar to the Spectre Armor Set.

Overall Appearance

The set is mainly a black colored armor with golden parts to give the armor an ornate look, and a Blue Gem in the center
. the skull of the vanity set is floating and transparent in ANY location/biome/event
StarborncrowVANITYterraria.png

And Thats all!

quick edit: i am not an pixel artist, however i tried my best to give an idea on how it would look like in-game

Last edited:
My Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission :redspin:

Hi everyone, I'm Devil Jin and this is my submission for the Terraria Journey's End Vanity Contest. Since I have never used Photoshop and my digital graphics skills are terrible, I added my initial idea of the vanity set in pencil as a sketch as well as what a color render might look like. This is my first ever sprite design and I wanted to optimise the whole month by experimenting with different colors and features that the vanity might have (I hope its not too late). The Tundra/Snow Biome in Terraria is my favourite biome as I love the enemies, blocks, and music. I created the sprite in Pixilart - the free online pixel drawing website. My very first idea for the contest was an elemental character that would posses all the elements or biomes in Terraria, I tried creating this and it just looked messy so I just went with the Tundra Biome. I also had the idea that the character would change color when entering the Underworld/Hell - his fur would brown and his right arm would become pure molten. Since the Underwold/Hell isn't a place the player visits to often this didn't end up being my finalised idea but I just thought the transition would be cool. Maybe the player could gradually become a fire wolf as they descend to the bottom of the world - at each level they would change. Instead of the normal hurt sound, a wolf growl would replace it to stimulate any damage taken - this would be similar to the moon charm damage sound and effects.

Description:
I intended on making this character look as intimidating as possible with a hunchback and snarling face. Essentially he is a mutated arctic wolf with his torso bound to an arm made of giant ice shards - I thought of calling this the right arm of fury. As well as the ice arm he will have giant shards protruding from his back. I wanted this character to have 2 arm styles - the right arm of fury and the dark fiend armor on his shoulder. If this isn't suitable for in-game mechanics then I would prefer to have one over the other for both arms. His teeth are overly large and protruding from his mouth and his claws are coal black. His body is scarred and scratched from battling other Tundra enemies. His legs are covered with stitched, brown pants - they're stitched to emphasize his massiveness. A female version of this set might have feet of smaller width, a covered torso and if possible a female variant of the head. I apologies for including another wolf in the game as the the Werewolf enemy looks stunning, but my design is simply supposed to be a very large, malicious arctic wolf and not a human/wolf hybrid.

Brief Lore idea:
An injured wolf missing its right arm (after battling with other ferocious Tundra enemies) is aided by the Wizard who binds ice blocks to its body to create the "right arm of fury" to strengthen it to overpower other enemies found in the Tundra. With the combination of the Hunter, Rage, Ironskin, and Regeneration potion, the beast was created as a superior version of its past self. It is forever loyal to the Wizard and is his Guardian Protector.

Head:
Name: "Wolf's Growl"
Tooltip: "Scares off bunnies mostly"

Torso:
Name: "Fur and Ice" - play on words
Tooltip: "The smell of blood enrages him"

Legs:
Name: "Furious Hind Paws"
Tooltip: "Hunting with these couldn't be easier"

Possible names:
Tundra Beast
Alphonse, The Frost Wolf/Beast
Frost Wolf
Dark Beast
Winter Beast
Deathly Winter
Chill Set
Growl Set
Howler Set

Requests:
Snarling animation of the snout that occurs every 20-30 seconds
Simulation sparkling effect on the right arm of fury as well as a pulsating hue similar to the one on Loki's set
Simulation eye glow animation as well as for his skull armor on his shoulder.
An option that allows you to change the eye, right arm, and overall hue color - possibly by the Hair Stylist
Another option to change the color of the armor, fur, or pants - possibly by the Hair Stylist

I want to finish by saying a big thank you to the Terraria team for giving everyone this opportunity to get their own vanity set into the game.
Good luck everyone!!!
:happy: :p

Sketch.jpg
Color Render.jpg
The Frost Wolf.png
Sketch.jpgColor Render.jpgThe Frost Wolf.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom