Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drawing 1-1~2.png

I've never tried pixel art, but here's my submission lol. It is actually a reference to FromSoftware's Bloodborne, it's the Gold Ardeo worn by an npc in game. I'm not sure if this can be done since it is a direct reference to another game, but i thought it'd be awesome to have something like it.

It's just the helmet and can be easily mixed with other armor pieces, I didn't do a good job with the sprite myself, but it's basically a gold-ish cone with a hint of dried blood splatters on it. I'm sure the pixel artists can do a waaay better job of capturing it with their own changes.

And as of acquiring the helmet, I think it could be fished up from a crimson or corrupt lake or from their biome crates, playing along with the corrupt blood beasts of bloodborne.

Again i don't know if a submission like this is allowed as it's a reference to a helmet from another game, but I just thought it was too cool not to try lol. So that's my submission, hope it's considered :)

Here is my entry for the vanity contest...
Of course the jet pack included is entirely optional. (Did not realize wings were not included until after finishing up.)
The idea is that the character is in a lab coat such that they can protect themselves from the dangers of Terraria... Always remember that when going into dangerous situations, it is always good to have your PPE on you at all times. This herein equipment could also help protect you from side effects while brewing potions, but am not sure because potions are not entirely scientific.
The headpiece consists of some goggles with polarizing lenses, and the torso and legs are the lab coat/garments found underneath the lab coat.
(Also I know it is ironic, coming from someone who mains the magic class the majority of the time, but I always find that scientific aesthetic quite appealing; also because I am working towards both a Molecular Biology BS and a Mathematics BS IRL.)
Edit: For those chemists browsing through this thread, and considering the timing of this submission: Happy Ester! (That joke did not want to have benzene.)
Character_RightFacing.png

Last edited:
This is my submission. I just realised that dyes, wings and others were not allowed but would you consider mine to be added? If not, just ignore the dye, mount and wings. [NOTE: The pants are invisible as you don't see them so it should look like the player is floating] and also sorry for spelling errors. I was panicking as I was running out of time. Hope you like it!
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 11.16.14.png

Безымянный.png
-A guy wearing lemon costume. And there are his clothes:
LEMONHEAD.png
LEMON_BODY.png
LEMONLEGS.png
. I hope you'll like this!

Attachments

• LEMONHEAD.png
    LEMONHEAD.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 109
  • LEMON_BODY.png
    LEMON_BODY.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 109
  • LEMON.png
    LEMON.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 114
  • LEMONLEGS.png
    LEMONLEGS.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
terraria final male-1.png.png

Terraria Explorer

terraria final torso-1.png.png

Top Piece / Hat:

The explorer hat is ordinary cowboy shaped it is rounded up at it's sides and includes a
feather containing the colours white, red, yellow, blue and green.

terraria final torso-4.png.png
terraria final male-1.png.png

depending in whether the character is male or female the players hair would tuck underneath as usual.

terraria final torso-2.png.png

Torso / Shirt:

The shirt of the explorer is a vest over an olive green shirt it houses numerous pockets and straps,
the belt shows a small knife tucked away and a leather sash is through over.
terraria final pants (2).png

Legs / Pants:

The legs of the character have a small pocket combined with a leather brown pair of boots that resemble
the type an explorer would wear.

Side Story:

The Explorer set i have created is a tribute to a character who long roamed the terraria lands before a new mysterious
player showed up. The set would be revived when the player comes across the remains of this character and breaks. it when the fullset
is equipped the player would receive small buffs for example one that would minimise spawn rates of monsters and increase fishing stats,
this would be because of the connection this set has upon the land giving to the player.

Thank you for acknowledging my work, i Have not found a suitable name for this set that i like so therefor it is
currently the explorer set. Also i am no artist but do know that the pixels sizes
compared to in game are all mucked up. i have created this set because is the type of
set i would of used in my many hundreds of hours i have sunk in this game and still
continue to do. it is sad to see the final update to such an amazing game but would
be incredible for anyone how is selected and is apart of it.

Best Of Luck To Everyone Else Who has Submitted A Vanity Set.

Hello

Here is my entry for the journey's end vanity contest

terraria-journend-submission.jpg

Head
The hat has a wide rim and a short top. It also has a red and black headband with a feather sticking up sideways that has the same color scheme.

Torso
A crop top jacket with wide sleeves and red and black details. The jacket also includes a red and black undershirt as depicted in the artwork.

Legs
The pants are more like shorts with a red belt and a golden buckle. The boots are knee-high, shiny and is a part of the legs slot.

Possible Features

+ Wavy feather that swirls when moving

+ A chance to trigger a bitter remark from the sentient belt buckle in the form of a text message whenever a boss has been beaten

Thank you!
- cubewithakick

Whew, a fair bit late myself, but here's to hoping. Good luck to everyone else for sure!

I don't particularly have a name for this and the drawing is a...bit sloppy, apologies.

Just slotted it into the spoiler tag so it doesn't take up all the space in the world.
Some clarifications would be as follows:
>I have another colour for this (gold and red), which is an alternative to the silver and blue, if that's allowed.
>The eyes and star piece upon the chest may glow faintly in the colour that is chosen for it.
>The player's hair may be visible with the head piece, depending on if it works or not.
>If possible, the earrings could move when the player moves.

Full Image:
terrariavanitycontestsub.png

Head piece only:
headpiece.png

Torso piece only:
torsopiece.png

Leg piece only:
legpiece.png

Red and Gold version:
redgold.png

ARRG QUICK!!

I HAD to participate
I saw that there are a lot of great things already posted, nice work guys!

So, here is mine "Brimcell"

It's a cell, a big one, very squishy.

brimcell.jpg

Brimcell 2.gif
Brimcell 1.gif

didn't know about the layering of the "ears" ingame, so I did both under and above.
(they can wiggle by walking, like the king slime vanity or the worm scarf)

head shaped brimcell
torso shaped brimcell
legs shaped brimcell

Brimcell a.png
Brimcell b.png
brimcell c.png

I'll be mind blowed to see this ingame pwahaha

Thank You Re-Logic To offer us this oportunity,
I Spent a lot, a LOT of good time with Terraria, so big thank you for all that.

Last edited:
Hello,

This is my entry for the vanity contest. I don't really have a name for it yet. I tried making something that my friends and the community would like to use. Especially ears and tails were something a lot of people wanted to have.

Head

Head would be the ears. If possible I would prefer them to show the original hair instead of having a "wig" come with it. I was also thinking if it's possible to have the tail come with the headpiece. This way everyone could wear the torso and legs they want, but still get the ears and tail both.

Torso

The torso part is rather traditional japanese kimono top with those sleeves that have extra cloth hanging from them. Since the leg part comes so high up, I would include the belt part to the torso.

Legs

My picture shows the shoes too, but when I tried making them in pixel art, it was too hard for me or didn't look right. Because of this I wouldn't mind if the legs were just the hakama from waist to ground.

terraria.png

Behold! The Comfy Set!

For all of your casual Terraria adventures to Terrabucks with the lads, or listening to Lo-fi after a long day in the mines.

This design was made with dyes in mind, hence the neutral color of the hoodie.
I apologize if anyone had a similar idea, I didn't realize that was a possibility until after I submitted my entry ^-^;

Best of luck to all!!

Comfy_Set_(vanity_item).png

This is my entry, the celestial vanity set.

I have put some thought into this set. First of all, the halo and fibula are made of the same material as fallen stars, which means that the player will emit a glow at night when this entire set is work. As celestials, their fibula and halo will absorb sunlight to emit it when it is dark.

Second of all, there is a purper toga. Purper was seen in ancient time as the most expensive color and showed status. This is why I chose for this particular color, but it might also be customized. The shoes show common footwear made from leather which is open and comfortable, fitting nicely for celestial people. These creatures are often well trained individuals and men and women are prepared for war. Their common attire therefore also consists of light armor, which I have depicted with a metal torso piece.

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-13 om 13.38.36.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-13 om 13.38.25.png

Here is my entry for the Journey's End Vanity Contest.
oakheart_by_evergreenartwork_dduq776-fullview.jpg

Name:
  • Oakheart
Author:
  • Moor al-Malik (I mean, yeah, of course)
Basic description:
  • The soldier of Evergreen Kingdom are always ready to face any kind of danger. They swear an oath to protect and help the people of Evergreen and its allies. No matter what threat they may face, there is always one phrase that makes them strong, "for my family, my friends, my people, and my king! Forever and more!"
Additional references for the armor part.
evergreen_armor_by_evergreenartwork_dduq84k-fullview.jpg

Fun fact:
  • The armor is mostly made of titanium.
  • Despite what the armor was made of, it's light and comfortable to wear.
  • The armor is strong and durable. It can protect from most projectile and melee attack.
  • The armor is heat and shock resistance, an insulator of heat and electricity.
  • The armor has the variation for both male and female.
  • The helmet are equipped with a communication device with an extra secondary optional gear (goggle for instance).
Additional fun fact and lore:
  • The Evergreen Kingdom or usually called the Evergreen is a kingdom located in the planet of Evermore Frontier I of the star system Evermore Frontier.
  • The soldier of Evergreen relies on being quick and agile. My entry here is how the Evergreen soldier looked like.
  • When charging into battle the Evergreen soldier will cry, "forever and more!" Or "forevermore!" It tells that they will forever protect the people of Evergreen and its allies.
  • The Evergreen Army is divided into several division. The one right here is from the Evergreen Ranger (distinguished by the green color of their emblem and collar). They are assault and medium to close range combat expert. They are really good in ambushing and guerilla fighting. Rocket launcher is their favorite weapon.
  • In time of peace, the Evergreen Ranger is tasked to take care of the garden, forest, and any other wildlife area across the Evergreen Kingdom. This also applies with the other division as well. So, no war doesn't means you can go on holiday, soldiers!
Note:
  • The main entry is the first picture, the second picture is just for references of how the armor part in the first picture looked like in various perspective, and how it looked individually.
  • As I explained above, so my entry will be consist of the following thing.
    • The helmet with the antenna and the goggle as the head part.
    • The upper armor (the chestplate and the shoulder pads) and the green uniform beneath it as the torso part.
    • The lower armor (the thigh cover), brown pants and the boots as the leg part.
  • The antenna, the goggle and the communication device is one with the helmet. It is not an accessory.
  • The texts found in both of my picture and the fun facts and lore I stated is just the background for my entry. It's just for fun. It's just an idea and it's optional (even though I will still be glad if you implement some of it).
  • The art, the lore, and everything else here is my original content, my fiction. So, don't steal it. I am watching.
Yeah, that's all for me (for now). I may edit it in the future (well, before the deadline of course). Anyhow, I hope you like it. Cheers!

(I've seen a lot of other neat entries with the style of fashion I'm going for over the weeks I didn't bring this out, but I'm hoping this one puts a new spin on things, yeah? ...It's also going to be a major rule-bender in a couple ways you'll quickly understand- so it's a gamble in of itself- but you can only try once, yeah? So--!)

"Being fashionable is a lifestyle!"
1586778053317.png

The Dollhouse set is a Hardmode vanity set that takes a lot of inspiration from the Japanese and Victorian-fashion mix known as as Lolita, and the various sub-fashions within it. There's nods and references to this style of fashion appearing in many places, such as Touhou and Pokemon, but while there's bits of inspiration here and there this set isn't necessarily referencing any of them in particular (not intentionally, anyway). The true highlight of this set however is the torso/Dollhouse dress, due to one unique property it has: it does not obey the shaders that Dyes give to equipment and vanity items; instead, the dress changes its color and form entirely, allowing this vanity set to take on a variety of different forms and appearances based on the dyes it's used with. (That this effect is given only to the torso/dress is a pragmatic choice, due to the many possibilities that this concept opens up; you COULD go all the way if you really wanted to, Terraria devs, but that's on you, basically!)

The way I suggest the Dollhouse Set can be obtained is from the Travelling Merchant during Hardmode- similar to the Titan, Dragon, and Spectral sets of the old Console Version (though signifcantly more common than all of those were)- for 50 Gold (Hairbow), 1 Platinum (Dress), and 50 Gold (Slippers)- a total of 2 Platinum for the entire set.

During Hardmode, the Travelling Merchant has a base 1% chance to offer the Dollhouse set along with the rest of his wares when he spawns, with the Clothier, Dye Trader, and Stylist being present increasing the odds by 3% each- to a total of 10% if all three are present. When the probability condition is met, all of the pieces of the vanity set are made available together so you don't have to wait to buy each one individually. (In general, the vanity set should be pricey and a little hard to come by- just like the fashion it's inspired by, actually- but not terribly so if you're willing to save up and be a little patient; the Dollhouse Dress's unique trait will hopefully make it worth it for its price.)

What are the other dyed dresses like? ...Look, I know I'm a little too clever with this idea, hence why I wrote that in the sample sheet, but I'm not that creative- so if you're somehow going to pick this entry, Terriaria Devs, I'm going to be leaving a lot open for you to decide for yourself. Amongst the suggestions I can give though (for no particular order or dye) are a wonderland or ballerina-type dress, nods to the other lolita-styles like Classic or Hime sub-sets, or an outfit decidedly eastern-flavored. There's a lot of room for variety here, certainly!

I'm not against the possibility that other entries are taken alongside this one to turn the Dollhouse Set into a group project of sorts- with dye variant designs from both us, the fans of Terraria, and you awesome devs at Re-Logic thrown into the ring to work together to make this vanity set complete. On the remote chance that happens, then naturally credit the contributing creators you think of and their entries alongside my own for the shared victory, and my name last in however long that list is! Just remember that it's not the Dollhouse Set for no reason ;)
For the Dollhouse Dress forms created by Lunar Event Dyes (Solar Dye, Vortex Dye, Nebula Dye, Stardust Dye), my idea is for these forms of the dress to take after the respective armors; the Solar-dyed Dollhouse Dress should feel like a frilly take on Solar Flare Armor, for example- and I depicted the Vortex-dyed dress in my sample as another example. (The same can be said for the Chlorophyte Dye to its respective armor.)
For the convenience of the pixel artists, I'll provide the option to make the compound, bright, and gradient dyes to be alternate color-schemes on the base-color designs, to help ease the workload. The other, more complex option is to make all of these secondary dyes hybrid designs of the dresses of their component parts (a Cyan and Black Dye Dollhouse Dress would be a mix between the Cyan dress and Black dress, basically); I'd rather not cause too much work for the devs, though!
I've honestly got no clue what to do when it comes to the two developer dyes (Loki's Dye and Skiph's Blood); maybe get them to figure out what they want those dyes to make happen, since it's their dyes after all?
Team Dye is another tough call; one possibility is making one design to fit for all the team dyes (so they're mostly uniform and you don't have to feel like you're missing out on one design or another just because of the team you chose), or for them all to just be variations on the neutral/dyeless variation.
Are there differences between male/female designs for this set? Actually, I'd rather that be kept minimal; the first reason is pragmatic, to hopefully help make the process of spriting this thing a bit easier. The second reason is- hey-- we've had girls wearing shorts and other "male" clothes for a while now without people batting an eye, so why can't the reverse be true? This goes double especially since Terraria already has vanity sets and items, like the Princess Set(s), that can be worn by either gender-- and because crossdressing actually isn't all that unheard of in the fashion sene this set is based on! There's going to be a few particularly girly outfits possible with the Dollhouse dress and the set as a whole is naturally feminine no matter how you slice it, but there should be enough variety with this one that there's something for everyone. (If some people still don't want to wear the Dollhouse set, they can just pick another that suits them better, yeah? Maybe the other contestants will have me covered here. ;) )

I've actually prepared most of the designs- and the rough draft of all of the text blocks I have here (except this bonus chunk, that in particular I wrote earlier today)- roughly a week after the contest went up, with the neutral dress and color scheme being made yesterday and today respectively; the reason it took this long for me to submit is because A. procrastination, and B. I honestly lost confidence throughout most of the contest going on because of how good all of the other entries admittedly are... and for the record, I think that's better taken as a testament to the good work all of the other people involved are getting done and to leave my own personal troubles mine, yeah? *Laughs* Because of that, I have to thank the friends I have for being there for me in general, and for giving me a reason to finally complete this; my own take on the matter was that if anything was going to give me a chance here, it's the sheer amount of thought and detail I put into it- up to making sure all the information was properly organized in spoiler tags.

Anyway, since I'm probably going to be stamped out anyway, I'll leave it there. It was very fun to create my own design for the contest, though, especially one for a game I play off-and-on but nonetheless really like. Good work everyone, Re-Logic and contestants alike, and I'll see you all around! :)

Here is my design for the contest, I took inspiration from Vikings to create a mythic Viking. In the game there is only a Viking helmet so I wanted to bring a full set, hope you guys like my design[/QUOTE]

View attachment 265505[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 79A1BCA3-0E46-4769-8AA3-56B73EF9BCEF.jpeg
    79A1BCA3-0E46-4769-8AA3-56B73EF9BCEF.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 96F4CD2D-4C8E-41A4-B2A3-E90DA7FC27C8.jpeg
    96F4CD2D-4C8E-41A4-B2A3-E90DA7FC27C8.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
unknown.png

This is my concept art for the "Exo-Knight" set. It's a set of black/grey armour with purple veins of glowing energy flowing through the limbs and horns. The eyes and the soles of the boots also glow with this energy. He has gloves too, but I couldn't draw them very well so I did not include them in the art :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom