Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to do this set last minute so I probably won't get anywhere close to winning, and my set has literally no detail. I just had some ideas about what would happen if you wore this set...

This is the Corrupt Knight's Armor (made completely by me and inspired by the game trio Dark Souls). This set should be obtainable in hardmode (and possibly only in expert and master mode). I don't really care how the player obtains the armor, but maybe from crimson/corruption mimics.

Suggestions for Descriptions

Corrupt Knight's Helm: This helmet radiates an aura of evil and power. You know you shouldn't but it is tempting to put it on. But with great power comes great responsibility, and this power is great.

Corrupt Knight's Chestplate: This chestplate radiates an aura of evil and power. Imagine what feats you could achieve with such strength... But with great power comes great responsibility, and this power is great.

Corrupt Knight's Boots: These boots radiate an aura of evil and power. One would be foolish to put them on, yet it's tempting... But with great power comes great responsibility, and this power is great.

When the full set is on this takes the place of the 2nd sentence: You feel unstoppable wearing this, power courses through your body. Even if you wanted to, you couldn't take this off.

Suggestions for Set Bonus/Curse/Cosmetics

I feel like this armor should make attacks deal a huge amount of damage or make the player extremely strong in one way or another if the full set is on and (maybe you shouldn't do this) enemies in the crimson/corruption biomes cannot attack player and the other way around. The player should not be able to take this armor off themselves if the full set is put on, NPC's should attack (if npc's attack the player then player can kill npc's) or not talk to the player (the exceptions are the old man at the dungeon [before he becomes the clothier], skeleton merchant, and the witch doctor), player should not be able to wield any item that has something to do with holy, light, rainbow, or something of that sort (example: any weapon or tool that is made of hallowed bars such as Excalibur, Terrablade, Pwnhammer, ect.) (Maybe don't use this idea) Corruption/Crimson will spread faster as well, and Hallow will spread slower (and you can't use purification powder). Another idea is that these effects might gradually be added over time as you wear this set, and if you wear the set too long you will die (and the set will become unequipped). The way to unequip the set is either to talk to the witch doctor and ask him to remove it (it would be an option when you talk to him) for a price (maybe some money or something else idk) or to die from wearing the set too long (as stated above). The red eyes on the helmet will glow, the cape is attached to the chestplate (or you can make it into a cosmetic cape), and when the full set is equipped, smoke (maybe red colored) and/or cinders will emit off of the armor.

CorruptKnightSet.png

Full set: Top left
Cape: Top right
Chestplate front: bottom

PS: Good luck to everyone out there competing! : )

terrariaskinsubmission-dbuckner.jpg

This is an OC of mine that I have been working on for the last month.
The head piece does consist of a pair of heavy-duty goggles and fox like features with the ears at the tips being a fiery orange
The torso consists of a lab coat that reaches down to half way down the legs, and light-blue heavy duty gloves for protection against deadly chemicals
The legs have the blue pants and heavy-duty work boots on.

DefinitelyNotTheGuide:
-This is the Guide
-He is NOT dead but continues to live on your body
-Dont ask questions (low dorp chance for the parts during bloodmoon when the guide dies)

Attachments

• asdf.png
    asdf.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 92
AwesomeGuy1.png
AwesomeGuy2.png

My friend and I modelled this armour in Blender and its being rendered in Unreal Engine 4, took us forever to make it but I hope to death that this makes it into Terraria.
I do have several videos of the game we were making this for on my yt channel but it's still in very early development.
For the name of each piece you can call it:
(Head) Seedonator's Helmet
(Torso) Seedonator's Chest Plate
(Legs) Seedonator's Greaves
The glowmasks for this would just be all the blue areas so the eyes, those lines on the mouth part and those squares on the shoulders.
I need to flex on my other friends so please add this.

Last edited:
not sure if this has been done yet, but here's my idea
also sorry for goodn't artwork, was done in pixlr

I'm thinking that instead of making a super fancy armor set or something that looks cool, I say that we have something just the slightest bit wack. I mean honestly, we probably have enough of the actually decent submissions and nice looking armor sets.

So here's my idea...
It's just like the familiar vanity set (the one where it shows how you look without armor) but it makes you appear upside down. The head piece will look like your feet, the middle piece will just be flipped, and the feet piece will be the head.

probably doesn't need much of a visual to understand, but here's an image

I honestly think it would be absolutely perfect if we could see someone walking around upside down, or a mannequin with two heads, or the dryad with extra legs where her head should be:dryadnaughty:, or yourself with an upside down torso, etc.

It would also be really funny (not sure if this is allowed to be requested) it the walking and jumping animations were also applied to the vanity set mimicking that. Like if you wore the head piece (which look like the feet) and you started walking, the feet on the head area would have the same animation as feet would normally when walking.

Please add, would make my day and probably many other peoples' days.

Edit: I completely forgot about the name, I don't really care as long as whatever the name is is a word spelled backwards, like sehtolc, or romra, or kcehehttahw. Thanks!

Another Edit: Headpiece name=eceipdaeh, torso name=osrot, and feet name=teef Thanks again promise no more edits

Yet Another Edit: I lied, there is another edit, but this time it's completely pointless!!

yes.png

Last edited:
Small:
Gear.png
Enlarged :
8bb4171d-274d-431f-8949-732962b6d22f (15).png

unsure if you need to ask for permission for this but i want it in the game so im going to post it anyway :). Yes, its the sneaking suit from the first MGS.
Odd Bandanna - Legends say it will give you infinite ammo
Bulletproof Vest- A sturdy bulletproof vest that covers most of the torso
Elastic Pants- Some very tight uncomfortable pants. On the tag reads "Property of Mccrii" with an insignia of a snake.

IMG_5585.JPG
My submission is based on the "uniforms" of the rebels in the province of Catalunya during the spanish civil war. It's a quite basic blue overall with a small cap in the colours of the rebel flag (black and red) the flag on the back is by no means a neccesary part of the costume and i realise now that it technically breaks the rules however i don't feel it is a neccesary part of the costume therefore i hope you can oversee this oversight of mine. the rest is two simple belts one met for carrying rifles and the other for normal "belt related purposes" lastley there are some proper boots and a red(alternitevly red/black) bandana. The name if not readable is "The Catalan Warrior" or maby "Rebel of Catalunya" i am sure some fascist will find this "offensive" because of the Catalunyan anarchists' opposition to the quite brutal Franco regime.

Last edited:
20200413_232730.jpg

My submittion: Cyber Knight Set.
It's futuristic cyber armor with neon lights. It's my original idea but it can be similiar to other futuristic vanity sets.
It consist of:
Cyber Knight's Helmet
Cyber Knight's Breastplate
Cyber Knight's Leggings

Every part of this suit is grey with green accents.
Helmet has a quite simple but elegant design.
In the middle of the breastplate there's a green power core.
Leggings have more green on them than other parts of armor.
My father's account name ( im not 18 yet ): Tad Makk
Im not sure if my dad's account really works - he still can't do some things and some administrator needs to do something before the account will work as mine. I hope in not much time it will change.

The Sinister Penguin. It's a penguin outfit, a rare drop from penguins. I have done a couple of versions of what a Sinister Penguin looks like, and what it looks like when the Mannequin is wearing the Penguin, as it is just a suit and doesn't make you an actual penguin. So your face will poke out. Maybe when you run on ice you slide on your belly.

Penguin .png

Order of the Guide Robe -

Order of guide.png

Appearance -

Headpiece - A mask of the guide’s face with a black band holding the mask on the face of the wearer. The eyes should be hollowed out to allow the eyes of the player to show. The hair of the guide should go a bit further where mask ends.

Torso - A robe that goes to the feet of the wearer. It’s colours are a reflection of the guide’s clothing. The shirt underneath the robe is a slightly darker variation of the guide’s shirt.

Lore -

“Balance shall to be maintained, no matter the cost…”

An ancient order as old as the time itself. Its only purpose, to guide the heroes of Terraria through their creation. Armed with infinite knowledge on the workings of the world. He was created using the powers of light and dark, killing the guide unleashes all that was used to create him. The order makes sure that no matter what has happened, that there would always be a guide present to help the heroes in their journey. These robes are worn by the members of the Order of the Guide.

Acquirement Ideas -
  • After the balance has been restored, the guide makes you an honorary member of the “Order of the Guide” and grants you the robe.
  • The traveling merchant sells it after the balance has been restored.
  • Found in sky island chests.

*Thank you for reading through this! My friend and I made this, he thought of the design.

Last edited:
The Tree Disguise: This outfit is very simple, it is just a man inside of a tree costume. I was inspired by looking at a tree in my world, that's really it. If this were to make it into the game, it could be found in living trees with a 1/100 chance of finding the leaves mask, the trunk outfit, or the stump shoes. If a player were to put a dye on the outfit, it would only change the trunk, the stump, and the sticks(the arms). The way to get different colored leaves is by walking into different biomes. For instance, if you were to walk into the corruption, the leaves would suddenly be purple, and they would be red with the crimson. The arms are something different though, they work by just staying in a T-Pose(until you swing a sword or tool, or place a block of some sort. I hope you guys at Re-Logic take this outfit into consideration and good luck to everyone. Like, seriously, this needs to be a thing! (Sorry for the mess around the face, it got messed up when I enlarged the image)
Tree Disguise.png
Tree Man Sprite Complete.png

Hello! Time ends in like 6 hours so i've to do something quick. I believe I don't need to write anything about the inspiration for this costumes.

Suggestion for Set Bonus
Maybe you could've made something like ''Berserker Buff'' that you get from wearing full set and it's working like this:
When your HP drops to 0 you are instantly revived in the same place with 50% of your max HP(capped until end of ''berserker'' state/buff), you gain melee and ranged damage buff and you have some kind of lifesteal on damage dealt(kinda like vampirie knives) BUT you constantly lose health and ONLY way to regenerate it is to deal damage and the more time your living with this buff the more HP you costantly lose + while having this buff you CAN'T apply to yourself any other buff and use healing potions.

Even if I don't win maybe you can atleast consider mechanic like this, I think it would be pretty cool.

TERRARIA VANITY.png

And I'm attaching file with 2 models side by side with standard character.
terrariaevas.png
Thank you very much.

MechaMadness2.PNG
This is the Mecha Madness Vanity hopefully its original
I'm thinking it would be cool if it could be animated so the skeletron saw looked like it was... well... sawing, and the twins mask would break apart into the twins second form when the player is below half HP
By the way this would'nt be possible without @Skeleton_Sniper9

Last edited:
I call it the "Feathered Warrior Set". It's more or less a dragon with feathers. The colors red and blue glow in the dark. Also the eyes and teeth. If possible, in the dark it glows neon.
Plese consider it. I spent hours drawing and editing it and I would absolutely love to see it added in the game.
Good luck to everyone!
Feathered Warrior Set.png

Last edited:
My entry is called Fragmented Reality.
The color of the stones in the set can change based on if the player crafts the set with stone, granite, or marble respectively making it grey, dark blue, or white.
The reality fragment could be dropped by Tim or some other wizard enemy.
The floating stones and cape technically count as the chest piece.
fractured reality.jpg

Last edited:
Fellow of the Bane.
I tried my best to lean towards a shaman theme, with the head piece being the main attention, however with the time I got I can't make a good design that will make the torso and leg work well with the head.

Originally the head is a mask wearing creature ,that hangs on around the head area of a any magical suit of armour using it's long arms. But now it's basically a mask with the creatures fur the player can wear.
head.png

Next the torso is just simply a dark red robe with bass like gauntlets but leaving the hands open.
And, the legs, are basically bass greaves.
Not really shaman like much but the creature is being that had shaman like property and life. It should had have shaman related torso and leg.

fellowbaneC.png

The design original from a character that I have created with the drawing below.
Note: The torso and leg armour is not a original design and is comes from the game called AQ3D (Adventure Quest 3D). When making the torso and leg I did not wanted it to be the same as the armour from the drawing/game but I guess I end up making it similar with the colour schemes and stuff because liked it.

FellowBane deisgn.jpg

Thank you for reading this, too being honest I was really just doing it for the head, not for the character I made, because I thought the mask and fur looked cool.

Vanity set.png

Vanity set.png

Terraria Vanity set:
The “Lost Librarian” set
by Cobra510

First, some befitting mystical lore:
The three parts of this set are the remnants of a traveling librarian from long ago, some say even centuries. In his search for wisdom and knowledge, he traveled from east to west, from north to south, never quite satisfied. All we know about him, we have gathered from where he found his final resting place, the Dungeon. Some say he might have spent decades there, collecting information regarding the true nature of the world.

The parts consist of the following:
A pair of cracked glasses for the head piece, showing that they have been dropped on numerous occasions, for instance when the lost librarian was killed.

Covering the body: a torn shirt, stained with dust and dirt from the Dungeon. Along with it comes a giant book with straps.
Book pages, fluttering away in the wind as the player moves could be a nice touch, if possible.
I have tried to make a pixel-art design that shows a giant open book flapping in the wind, but I have failed to do so, so I settled with a “simple” backpack. I do, however, hope the idea and concept sounds intriguing. In the final vanity set, I picture it as animated.

As for the leg part I chose a pair of torn dusty trousers, similar in design to the shirt. The lost librarian could have some sturdy shoes, or none, suggesting that they have been lost.

As mentioned, the set is to be found in the Dungeon. If possible, it could be dropped by enemies in the dungeon, to emphasize the lost librarians cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom