Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this for a joke but the time and effort I did was great and if anyone is seeing this at least it wasn’t a waste

Attachments

• 9347DFE0-CEB5-422F-9C57-A10D78C9FE1F.jpeg
    9347DFE0-CEB5-422F-9C57-A10D78C9FE1F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
I made the actual art, the pixel art was made by my good friend Mondayz.
The Art is a reference to a character from a animated series that I'm making, heavily modified for the goal of fitting the game style. Hope that it gets far in the contest....if it does not, oh well, at least I'm happy to have participated and will be thankfull about any feedback received ^ ^(also sorry about my english if it's bad....)
Terraria contest entry (other version).png

Hello Re-Logic Team! My submission for the contest is the Joyful Snowman costume! Enjoy!

JoyfulSnowman_Entry.png

I've been wondering why we didn't have a snowman vanity outfit in Terraria yet, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity ☃
(And while I'm at it, why not go all out and add a little character to it?)

While vanity outfits are usually supposed to be just that - outfits or costumes - my vision for this one was that it actually had facial expressions and such.
Also, the whole thing with loose hands... It's a magic costume maybe? ;)

Whether that is cool with the team and vision for Terraria is another thing, so I'll leave that up to y'all :>

Either way, thanks a ton for hosting this contest! Making this was a surprising amount of fun and I even learned a thing or two about modding while trying to implement this myself! <3
(You can see my uh... attempt at that here if you wanna do that)

Good luck to all other participants too! I've seen some great stuff around here.

The Spirit Paladin Set:

Spirit_Paladin_Head.png

Spirit_Paladin_Torso.png

index.php

Spirit_Paladin.png

The basic concept is a spirit wearing paladin armor and holding the pieces together, so the visor hole and gap in the chestplate are supposed to look like crosses while showing the spirit inside. The base armor is a sort of ivory, off-white color, while the accents on the armor (like the pauldrons and greaves) are closer to a true white, which along with the cross design, would emphasize the "paladin / holy knight" aspect.

Anywhere with gaps in the armor, like the face and chest (or even in the joints while the player is moving), would have blue glowmasks to emphasize the "spirit" aspect of the design. (Having glowmasks on the highlights in the plume might also add a very interesting effect!!)

Thanks for considering my design!

Attachments

• Spirit_Paladin_Legs.png
    Spirit_Paladin_Legs.png
    330 bytes · Views: 793
EC5897B9-7ABB-4B86-8C41-E4C120695480.jpeg
D70A218A-4E96-4902-A444-13A617F420A6.jpeg
i’m not a good artist but this was the closest i could get to my idea, it’s a combo of like a rogue,paladin, and knight. i thought about this after watching trailers for the witcher 3 and Elder Scrolls online and wanted to make a mysterious holyish warrior
Edit: to make the outfit i used
-yoraizor’s scowl
-mysterious Cape with red dye
-star veil with yellow dye
- eskimo/snow hood with brown and silver dye
-Jim’s breasplate
-Gladiator leggings
Enjoy if you read this and like my outfit idea.
Edit-2: a good name could probably be “mysterious Paladin” but i’m sure someone else can think of something better

Last edited:
I Present "Terra Plate" vanity set! Harness the powers of light and darkness in; A set that is supposed to look good when using it with the Terra Blade together.

terra plate.png

Ok I'm not that good of a artist, but the helmet is supposed to look like a jeweled helmet mix with the Crimson Helmet.

and maybe when the full set is fully equipped it could have a glow around it the same as the beam the Terra Blade fires has, but thats optional.

thanks and good luck to everyone else!

1586817167462.png

This set is called the palentology set. The leggings consist of the shoes and some baggy canvas trousers with a leather belt that has a magnifying glass strapped to it. The torso consists of a leather jacket with lots of pockets over a pale collered shirt with very short sleeves, i was thinking that they would look good rolled up at the shoulders. It also has some leather gloves (dont want to damage those fossil samples) The head vanity is just made up of the monocle and the moustache, i was thinking that it would be either bushy and full or small and neat.

I added the hair in over a hat i had planned but it looked TERRIBLE lol, it doesnt have to be a part of the set but it looks good so it could be a part of the set if you want. I saw that there was an archeologist set in the game already after i made this but i think that my design differs enough to be unique. Also, palentologists study bones (while archeologists study human history by excavating and apprasing artifacts) so i was thinking that this set could be found or crafted from components found in the underground desert biome, maybe it could have something to do with fossils or the extractonator. im sorry that my drawing isnt very good, im not the best artist ;( but i hope youll consider this despite already having an archeologist. its inspired from me wanting to be a palentologist. Good luck to everyone else submitting designs! i know that ill have a blast discovering all of the new stuff and checking out the set that wins! (also 1.4 releases on my birthday so thankyou for the best birthday present ever!!!)

Quaid's Fancy
15868163927346119961837255550937.jpg

The day has finally come, it's Quaid's cousin's birthday! But he can't seem to make it due to some "pressing matters", so he has sent you in a scarily life-like (and oddly perfectly fitting) costume that looks just like him to go to the party in his absence.

Head: Dark grey with a sand colored chin and black eyes.
Body: A simple white tuxedo with a black tie and dark grey hands.
Legs: White suit pants with dark grey feet with white claws (claws can be optional if need be).

Master Golfer
MasterGolferW.png

Due to the new golfing feature in Journey's end update I thought that this outfit could really fit with this new activity.
With that design I tried to match the Terraria artstyle to not stand out from other vanity items in game,
and for this outfit to doesn't look too generic I put the Golf Ball on the head with the flat cap on top of it. :happy:

Design looks a little bit wacky, but it is just a matter of fixing some sprites.
I'm sure I could fix that golf ball on the head so that it doesn't look like a disco ball. :D

And when it comes to acquiring this set I heard some rumors there is going to be new golfing related NPC so he/she could sell it. :)

In-game look:

MasterGolferGIF.gif

I'm so mad at myself that I found out about this contest only 2 days ago, it is such a shame for me that I couldn't polish it more in that whole time... atleast I had a lot of fun while making it :)
And for the name of this set I think someone can come up with a better name idea than this

I'm also including the initial sprite sheets of this vanity set

Good luck everyone! <3

Attachments

• Armor_Arm_GolferSprite.png
    Armor_Arm_GolferSprite.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Armor_Body_GolferSprite.png
    Armor_Body_GolferSprite.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Armor_Head_GolferSprite.png
    Armor_Head_GolferSprite.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Armor_Legs_GolferSprite.png
    Armor_Legs_GolferSprite.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Here's my submission called the 'Solenoid Charger' or 'Stagnet' set (stag beetle + magnet) which as the name suggests is a magnet themed vanity set

(the pixel art isn't that great, sorry about that)
design17.png

The helmet is based off a horseshoe/u-shaped magnet which looks like a pair of horns (where the horned/stag part comes into the name)
The eyes and hands are also based off magnetic poles (I thought about adding N/S letters on the arms or chest but there wasn't enough space, oof)

The set parts would be called:
- 'Horseshoe Carapace'
- 'Solenoid/Stagnet Batterypack'
- 'Solenoid/Stagnet Leggings'

There's also a set effect if all 3 parts are equipped which emits a spark between the poles and flashes the chest lights (indicating that the magnet is 'on')

design16.gif

1586818607794.jpeg

Here’s my “Layer Cake” set. I had help from my friend @Skeleton_Sniper9. The vanity is mimicking a tiered birthday cake, with candles on top to complete the look. It would have a trail of sprinkles. It’s only a two part set, with a head and torso piece, although the torso will be covering the legs. When using a dye on them, it would turn the pink part different colors, but keep the main white part white. It would be obtained via buying it from the Party Girl.

Last edited:
Edit (Didn't realise I had this much time)
Simple Last minute Idea
Shape was inspired by the Hooded Spectre Armor

Name: Monochrome Robe
Possable Flavour Text: Ooo Trippy [In some form of silly font with crazy coloring :) ]
Possable Animation: All the different shades of gray slowly pull in towards the eyes on the hood, the to dark grey pixels on the torso and the Y shape on the legings

Dyes show up in there respective shades I assume:

Vanity Submission.PNG

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
TerrariaVanityCompetitionSubmission (1).png

Design:
This vanity-set is based on the choir dress of Bishops. Three separate pieces for the head, torso, and legs. The hat (known as a Biretta) is asymmetrical, which is why there are two angles. The torso has both the cape (Mozzetta) and a white shirt (Rochet). Finally, the legs show the Cassock, which is a robe or dress like piece of clothing that goes underneath it all and covers the legs.
The color pallet is made to look like the real-life outfit, using shades of Fhushia, White, and Gold.
As mentioned, the hat is asymmetrical, the base is square, has three ridges on top arranged at 90 degrees to make a sideways " T " shape, and has a Pom on top.
The hat would also cover all of the player's hair.

Why I thought this was a good idea for a vanity-set:
I always thought it would be fun to play through the Halloween and Bloodmoon events as a member of the church fighting monsters and demons.
There is a Wedding vanity-set and a Tuxedo vanity-set in the game, so a Bishop set would complete the wedding theme.
It was pretty funny to me, imagining a Bishop running around the Corruption or Crimson throwing purification powder everywhere to cleanse the evil.
Wearing a clergy member outfit while fighting the Moon Lord or doing other occult things would be a nice reference to H.P Lovecraft's The Evil Clergyman.
A lot of Priests and Bishops have contracted the Coronavirus and have given up their spots in hospitals so others could receive treatment instead. I thought this might be a nice tribute to their self-sacrifice.
The outfit is unique, looks cool, and Fhushia is a fun color.

Duckman_large.png

My submission is Duckman, the incredibly buff humanoid waterfowl of dreams (or possibly nightmares)!

Jokes aside, Duckman has two variants modelled after the two in-game ducks; the Mallard duck and the Pekin duck (though the latter is simply called "Duck" in-game). As such, it mostly sticks to the palettes of these ducks, but with some minor changes.

While Duckman's wings are tragically not capable of flight on their own, he will continue his long search for the elusive Golden Duck nonetheless; a truly inspiring tale for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom