Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Thank you for letting us do this.
Here is my entry of an Iron Gladiator set!

47DB7E85-3D5A-479A-A894-B4515FFC16F4.jpeg

I also tried making the set in paint, and it was a *little* bit messy.

B8D64C8F-E6A2-416A-A6FF-E89B3AF2DABB.jpeg

It has been quite a while since I post on these forums, and at that, I wish everyone who has entered luck and everyone a good day!

Hey there fellow terrarians! Here's my entry for the contest, the "Soul Collector" Vanity!

As the name suggests, the wearer of this vanity does entrap the souls of defeated beasts in the gemstones engraved into their suit, using the powers of their fallen foes whenever they need them. As of possible sideeffects, you might find yourself a blue skull where once your face was.

Here you see the pixel art of the female and male versions of the outfit.

I patched multiple designs and snippets from other armor and vanity of vanilla terraria together and can now proudly present you the outcome:
Soul Collector2.png
Soul Collector.png

I wish everyone participating good luck aswell as a huge portion of health and sanity during these current times.

Best regards <3

~Bruwser

Xir's Crystalline Shell Set
I am no pixel artist (or any kind of artist for that matter), but I tried my best:

Concept Art:
Xirbizos_Crystal.png
Xirbizos_Crystal_2.png

Silhouettes(purple=head, blue=chest, red=legs):
Xirbizos_Crystal_Sil.png
Xirbizos_Crystal_Sil_2.png

the pixel art is scaled up for better visibility (800%)

Concept Description:
Stone plating covers the player's body.
Purple/liliac crystals protrude from within the armor, forming a jagged shell that harms close combat attackers(its vanity, so only if you actually have a thorns effect :p).
The crystals on the head piece have been carefully grown to cover the eyes of the player.
The player's hair is still mostly visible (as shown by the art).
The crystals are luminescent, emitting a faint light in the darkness (crystals on the armor use a glow mask, but do not glow brightly).
The intricate, yet natural shape of the crystals/stone plates make it seem like the armor is part of the player.

Inspiration/Intent
Since I find crystals fascinating and when I looked through the list of armor/vanity sets I couldn't find anything crystal themed,
I thought this may fill that niche :D

Alternative Naming Suggestions:
Xir's Geode Shell set
Xir's Crystalline set
Xir's Geode set

apocaliptic surrivor.jpg

My idea was something like a post-apocalyptic survivor

-> GAS MASK
-> ANTIRADIATION COSTUME
-> ANTIRADIATION PANTS

I imagine one of those decontaminating the world of crismon or corruption

to create the costume I captured the screen, to use as a base & edited the image in the pait.

:merchantconfused:sorry for the spelling errors (i don't speak english and i'm using google translate)

Bunny Costume-export.png

Presenting: The Bunny Costume!

I first purchased Terraria on May 31, 2011, just a couple days before the update that'd add the Bunny to the game officially. That makes me a Terraria fan for almost NINE years now (gosh we're all old) and I've never stopped loving these little guys. Adorability isn't easy to accomplish with so few pixels, haha.

(I know there's already a kinda-rabbity hat in the game, but being honest, it's a little too realistic for my tastes. To me, nothing can beat the original Bunny design.)

Personally, I like this costume as a celebration of where Terraria started out, now that we're all the way out here at it's ending.

Hope you enjoy!

Golem armor
It was possible that the technology which spawned the sentinel of stone could be of outer realms, surely those lizards can't have gained this advancement unless...there was an architect from beyond?? dun dun dun.....

Anyway the game was my childhood, so thanks to the developers working on the new update, looking forward to it.
All artwork and design is original (except that pixel golem boi)
golem redesign.png

Trophy Hunter vanity set

This is my submission to the contest,
My concept was to have a set of armor that had a dragon or a wyvern head as a mask and have a piece of torn cloth from some enemy on the sets waist. (this was my first attempt at digital art, sorry for the lack of a face)

Trophy Hunter v7 (by Braeden Atkinson).jpg

PS: I just want to thank you guys for making a great game, I have been playing since the end of 2011. Me and my siblings, and a lot of my cosines still play together today and we all have great memories playing with each other throughout the years. If I had to point to one of the great things in my childhood it would be playing Terraira with my friends and family. So, thank you.

Sincerely,
Braeden

Photo on 2020-04-14 at 9.30.jpg

This is the Grovemaster set, it is made of vines and wood, (sorry for bad drawing) I really like how it turned out though, and I would like a tooltip to say "you can hear the leaves rustle, and the wood creak" (if by chance I win).

It almost looks like armor instead of vanity, but it is what it is. good luck to everyone

ps. the sword is not a part of it, I just re-drew the breaker blade.

Last edited:
Terraria Armor.png
Terraria Helmet.png
Terraria Full Plate.png

Terraria Overgrowth Armor.png
Terraria Overgrowth Helmet.png
Terraria Overgrowth Full Plate.png

Terraria Time Plate.png
Terraria Overgrowth Time Plate.png

Name: Forgotten Plate

The idea was for an old, stone/metal look. I made one with vine overgrowth and one without. When the full set is worn, the shoulders/hands would change from white to blue, the clock emblem would appear on the chest, and a light blue particle after-effect would appear when running. If the transition when the full set is worn isn't possible, then the final clock pieces would be the desired set, with the blue glowing with the glow mask. Preferably with the overgrowth, but again, if it isn't possible, no biggy.

Last edited:
terraria.png

i tried my hand at sprite editing, and uh. well, just know i'd highly encourage that the artists tinker with the details to make them better.

to make this set more customizable with dyes, all gold pieces can be exempt from dye effects, instead affecting only the color of sparkle effects (head), the cape (top/torso), and tunic (bottom/legs).

it's a fairly basic idea, but greek mythology holds a special place in my heart - and it would add a fun bit of variety that's easy to understand, i think!

PrincessMisha.PNG

AYO! My contest submission. Pretty late but better late than never. All these other submissions look great :D Good luck everyone!

Details
Costume Name
: Princess Misha
PrincessMisha.PNG

Head
Tiny Crown
: How did they ever expect that tiny thing to fit your mop of hair?

Torso
The Dress: You were forced to wear a dress. At least it's your favorite color.

Legs
Stock-ing Market
: You've got legs for days and finally found a pair of stockings to fit them. (Shoes are flats because what adventurer wears heels?)

Tried drawing something up for the contest. Went for a sort of Terra Ranger or Terranger with a dark green cloak and studded leather armor. Hood is head slot, cape/torso is chest and legs is the leggings.
Terranger.png

I went for a more futuristic design with a visor for the head shoulder spike and cape and emblem on the shirt and some pants. Due to time constraints with online school work because of COVID-19, I couldn't fully colour it the that is labelled dark grey is referring to the rest of the shirt and pants to be dark grey as long as it doesn't interfere with other colours.
Futuristic Terraria.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom