Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was my question overlooked? I really need to know just how much of a reference a set can be.
Make sure that you are reading all of the rules in the first post. It does answer your question...

Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )

I want to submit a a bootleg of Roy from FE like they have with Link, but I'm not sure if it would be allowed
Again, make sure that you are reading all of the rules in the first post. It does address references to existing characters...

Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )

Example:
Prince of the underground Mask
Prince of the underground Torso
Prince of the underground Legs

yea i know it's from undertale..
when player equip it the eyes will glow red in night time

Made it on Sketch by meView attachment 239810
"Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )"

armor set that kinda looks like demonite armor but ofcource its a vanity set so its supposed to look cooler which i think it does.
i love terraria and its been one of my favourite childhood games i really think this looks cool but its up to the people that actually look at the stuff so.
atleast i think i did a great job for not having real drawing skills and i think the helmet looks really fitting with the horns with the theme, also info about the costume: a great looking vanity item, wonder who made it.
it needs some serious polishing but when it gets through in the top 3 or so i think it will look 10 times better IF it were to come in the game
btw sorry for the helmet being a little bit weird placed, just didnt feel the need to do it since... nobody is goign to put it 2 meters of the persons head
Ok that is cool.

Hey, the vanity set i want to design is based on a certain japanese cartoon from the 90s, are reference based sets completely off limits or are they allowed as long as they don't look exactly like the source material?
If so, would color changes be enough to make it submitable? thanks

@VaalAlves
I would avoid referencing pre-existing IP. If its an adaptation inspired by it, it should be fine, but if its blatantly obvious, then its not going to fly.

If I wanted to make just a head and only a head would that be allowed?

@NUCLEOTRACER
I think right now, we are saying its NOT against the rules, but I would strongly recommend against it. I think just a head vanity is going to be underwhelming and hurt your chances of winning, its really not fitting the full scope of the contest.

Hi, I need some clarification! :)
I wanted to add a small reference and edit the description of it, but it looks like time has run out, am I still allowed to post it or will I be disqualified? :confused:
Thanks in advance <3

@EmeraldWorldLP time hasn't run out yet, but you can definitely edit your old post.

Okay um, if I want to make a skirt for a female character, can I make pants for a male character? Or Is this impossible? (sorry for so many questions >.<)

@alpakaa slight differences between male and female outfits (pants vs skirt) can be allowed if it makes sense for the design, but if the differences are so extreme that its basically two entirely different outfits, probably not. Keep it simple if possible :)

This is just for clarification, but what constitutes as original? Furthermore, would entries referencing lore or other objects in Terraria be out of the question?

This is just for clarification, but what constitutes as original? Furthermore, would entries referencing lore or other objects in Terraria be out of the question?

It can't be a reference to existing IP (other video games, movies, etc), it can't be someone else's creation (other artists or mod makers in the community) and things like that. It needs to be something you created.

If its related to Terraria, that's fine. A couple people have submissions that are vanity versions of Terraria monsters, or expansions to pre-existing vanities or weapons as outfits, and that's okay too.

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59 pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th), and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in-game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php
Is it possible to get an item animated, for example, a hat with a blinking effect added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom