Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it a possibility that the sprite can be animated in-game? because i was beginning to have some ideas that involved fire

View attachment 238904

The Fallen Wisp

Once years and years ago there was once a knight whose name was Axel. He was the most nobel knight in the kingdom, he was tasked to protect the king at all costs no one could get past him. But there was something………..unusual about Axel. He had a gift of fire, blue flame to be exact. On a stormy night the king had ordered Axel to go home and rest at once so he did so. In the night he heard a loud bang and heard something hit the floor he went to investigate. There was nothing weird he thought to himself but just as he was about to doze off to sleep he thought “ The CASTLE” he rushed into the castle breaking down the door the king was dead. The murderer never found Axel was outcast from society and he was never to be seen near the castle again. On a foggy night word got out he was back in town the townspeople were rioting with fire and pitchforks. He wanted revenge on the people who casted him out. One by one he took them out until it was only him. He sat in the king's chair feeling a sense of victory. But he felt a presence un like any other he was scared he was confused. It was the king he had stripped him of his physical body and the new citizens who inhabited the kingdom reported a skull with armor floating around the town and by the throne room.

Are you allowed to make capes or other vanity items like balloons?

@NerdyKateGaming submissions may only include head/torso/leg pieces.

is it a possibility that the sprite can be animated in-game? because i was beginning to have some ideas that involved fire

@tomettuce I wouldn't suggest anything "more" animated than normal in-game items. For example, the King Slime helmet animates when you move, but aside from the player moving, most armors do not have much animation to them. There are a few exceptions, but keeping it reasonable is ideal.

Can the vanity set have any particle effects? like Tims robes has the effect that appears when walking can we have that with our armour?

@StyledCarrot602
We will be able to discuss that sort of thing for winners, but I would not rely on it being a critical part of the submission, especially "brand new" effects. Reusing old particle effects might be considered.

I just want to know before i submit, the artwork i have has a traced pose for the sake of having a reference, but besides that, the character is 100% unique. Is it fine to submit it? I don't want to break a rule.

@Tatsuou That sounds fine to me :)

Here is my submission
View attachment 237608
- Drew it in Adobe Animate.

Design Features:
- A helmet that resembles an ant, the helmet is yellowish-orange
- A chestplate and leggings that are dark-gray (with a slight hint of purple)
- Leggings that are dark-gray and purplish.
- The chestplate has a purple spiky design pattern
- Gloves and boots are the same color as the helmet
- The helmet has eye slots (which are a light-grayish blue)
- Has a "speaking slot" which is a darker blue than the eye slots.

"Micidae Knight" - Sworn to protect their queen (who is fond of ants) this knight is a very furious fighter and will go to any length to make sure the queen is safe.

"Micidae" was taken from the ants scientific name which is Formicidae (at least according to google)
Hey I have literally no idea how to post anything can you help thanks

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Name of the armor: Cone

The hat would be just the top of the cone, and the legs would be the middle and the bottom combined, like the drop from the The One They Call Tim.

Idk I can't do pixel art so just base it off this picture

Like if you want this in the game. Also my YT is my username :p

PS: There would not be words on it, and if you can, the description would be "Making driving harder since 1914!"

FM74991_full_1.jpg

Hey, the vanity set i want to design is based on a certain japanese cartoon from the 90s, are reference based sets completely off limits or are they allowed as long as they don't look exactly like the source material?
If so, would color changes be enough to make it submitable? thanks

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

The self-confident set. feel free to change the name.

in my opinion terraria needs a vanity set that hides your armor, and lets you enjoy the goodness that is yourself :p

it's always annoyed me to have been customizing a character for a while only to realize 5 min later that i'll never really see it again cause it gets covered up.
Familiar Set??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom