Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 237726

I have made Doug Dimmadome, owner of Dimmsdale Dimmadome, father of Dale Dimmadome (heir of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome fortune).

i drew him with a small hat and an absolute unit of a hat.

it is based on the character in fairly oddparents named Doug Dimmadome, owner of Dimmsdale Dimmadome and has a son named Dale Dimmadome, son of Doug Dimmadome, owner of Dimmslade Dimmadomeand

i made it on the terraria mannequin
i came up with this idea so we could have a long hat (if i win) because long hats r cool

Timmy is an average kid,
That no one understands,
Mom and Dad and Vicky always giving him commands.

无标题.png
So cooooooooool

ADVANCED SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

There are some limitations to Terraria's equipment system, as well as some features that not everyone is aware of. So to help provide a little extra insight into what is possible and available to you, as well as some restrictions, check out the details below!

- "Head" slots can be anywhere from a helmet, to a hat, to simple head accessories, like glasses or hairpins. Whether or not your character's hair will shown will depend on how much of their head is covered by the idea. A helmet or mask which fully encloses the head will not show hair at all. A hat or similar things like a crown may show some hair, but it will be cropped so as to not stick out of the sides of the hat. Smaller head accessories like glasses or hairpins can show the entirety of the players hair, assuming it looks correct. If you have a specific preference for the quantity of hair to be displayed, we can attempt to design it in such a way to work around that, but only within reason, so take that into consideration with your design!

- Most head slot armor and accessories occupy a single "head" slot in the character's display. As a result, the majority of head accessories cannot be combined with helmets; for example, you cannot see Nature's Gift (a head based accessory) when you are wearing a helmet. There are a handful of exceptions to this, but these are exceptions and as a general rule, you can't double-stack multiple pieces of headwear and have them both display. So if your design is intended to include a pre-existing accessory, or if you want two different elements (such as a Blindfold and a Hat at the same time), work that into your design as a "single" piece of headwear. You wouldn't be able to wear the Blindfold with the Hat later if you do not.

- Robe/Dress type torso slot items in the game sometimes cover part or all of the legs as well. If your proposal is reliant on such a design, a piece of clothing that covers the full lower body, that is equipped via the torso slot, that is okay. You could still include (or choose not to include) a leg slot item. Some items, such as Robes, will cover up the entire leg portion, so it would be invisible. Some skirt type and longcoat outfits such as the Red Riding set or the Rain Coat set have portions which extend to the legs, but the feet and legs themselves are still visible. Not every set needs a leg-piece to be complete, even some dev sets don't use them!

- Glowmasks (not to be confused with creating light!) are an option for use in your design. Glowmask are when a portion of an outfit displays as completely or partially bright, even in darkness. For an example of this, try equipping the Vortex or Dark Artist sets in vanity slots in a dark room. Vanity outfits aren't intended to actually generate light, so we won't be able to include light generation, but having some details or glowing lines in your outfit may be acceptable!

Any questions in a similar vein that arise, I'll add them to this post to help clarify things further!

If I wanted to make just a head and only a head would that be allowed?

with all these submissions wouldn't it be a good idea to add steam workshop support to terraria? so everyone could install the vanity sets of others they like, i found plenty of creative designs on the submission page and i doubt they will all be added. kind of like don't starve does it, there you can create custom characters for others to download

View attachment 239575Drawing

View attachment 239573draft of the look of the actual sprite.

here is my concept for my vanity set "Prototype". its supposed to be a plated robotic look with gaps between plates to make it look maneuverable and less clanky. any changes are welcome!
the head has quite a few different "plates" around it and the eyes pulse between yellowy-orange and orange, faster while moving (if possible) the eyes also show in the dark with the full set.
the chest plate has a few plates all going towards the core. the core pulses the same way and colour as the eyes, with the same conditions.
nothing to special about the legs, juts a few plates around (proud of how i did the legs)
that kinda looks like a cyber-man from Doctor who

Можно ли сделать отсылку на аниме,мангу или сериал??

Hi, I need some clarification! :)
I wanted to add a small reference and edit the description of it, but it looks like time has run out, am I still allowed to post it or will I be disqualified? :confused:
Thanks in advance <3

Introducing: the Mewrmour! (great name I know), this is a set based on our favourite blade meowmere, but sadly, it won't give you any buffs or stats ( cuz it is a vanity set :3). It will give you a rainbow effect similar to the projectiles from our beloved blade while you are moving, there is a drawing of both depictions. It also contains separate images of the pieces.
That looks sooooo cool

Introducing: the Mewrmour! (great name I know), this is a set based on our favourite blade meowmere, but sadly, it won't give you any buffs or stats ( cuz it is a vanity set :3). It will give you a rainbow effect similar to the projectiles from our beloved blade while you are moving, there is a drawing of both depictions. It also contains separate images of the pieces.
You might need to click/tap it to see it properly

Firefighter set
I wasn't too sure how i'd do the helmet but i just settled with a visor for some reason
also the picture is so bloody small
yeh it is small tbh good

My rendition of the cat vanity, not the best, but its a honor to my pet cat Buddy that died a few months ago from the time of this post, so for that i'm naming this vanity set Buddy, will probably go over this and try to make it look better.
awww that`s so sad

View attachment 239596here. it's literally just god. and honestly it doesn't even need the extra artwork on the left, you can just model it after old zeus and god paintings. the only problem is... i hope you guys are ok with religious figures in this contest?
There already are references to religious thing like the hermes boots (Hermes was god of greek god of traveling) so Zeus is most likely fine

So if there is no rule about editing post after the time runs out or just editing submissions in general, so I quess you can do it? it only says new submissions will be locked and not that you can't edit your submissions after the time runs out and add references, so I could add a reference/edit it? Can Someone please explain it? :(
I guess you can do it, as there is no rule, but still. :confused:

So if there is no rule about editing post after the time runs out or just editing submissions in general, so I quess you can do it? it only says new submissions will be locked and not that you can't edit your submissions after the time runs out and add references, so I could add a reference/edit it? Can Someone please explain it? :(
I guess you can do it, as there is no rule, but still. :confused:
Submissions close at 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020. Until then, you can edit or change your submission as many times as you wish. Once the deadline has passed, you can no longer edit or change your submission, so whatever is your current submission at that time will be considered as your final entry.
can you add wings?
No, wings are outside the scope of this contest:
Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom