Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my vanity set the "Seafarer Uniform". I found that when I wanted to make a sailor character, I only had a pirate outfit to choose from in vanilla Terraria.
I spent a while trying to make this perfect, using a reference from google of an actual sailor outfit. Enjoy!!!
View attachment 237733View attachment 237733
Bout' time we get a stay puff outfit. :p

Here is my entry, I wanted something demonic. View attachment 241699
This looks like something out of Oblivion, I think this is mad. Nice job!

Here's something I made a while ago as a concept art for the Doom Marine in Terraria:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

View attachment 237872

Apologies, I have no experience in pixel art, but I hope this can convey my idea adequately

Id like the sheath to stick out like the spider amour's limbs and maybe swing a bit as the character walks

I am sorry if the samurai is a tad generic looking but there is not any amour set or vanity set that has this look

Was hoping someone would make something like this, looks great!

Lizard outfit w/ spinny eyes, because who doesn't love a nice pair of spinny eyes?

View attachment 237943
I sure as hell do, this is mad!

Worm on a string vanity set. Who know what'll happen when he gets off the string?
the head and nose comes with the head piece
the arms and chest come with the torso
the feet and legs come with the legs
To make my set a bit unique, if you have the full set on then a small worm with neon yellow eyes floats around you
You can dye the set to make it look like other colored worms on a string. the string stays the same though
if this gets accept by the Re-Logic team, I want them to think of this as a thank you for making up a big part of my childhood! <3
(sorry that the gif of the worm is weird, it works fine when I clicked it in files)

He looks like Qbert, I like it!

@Kefke

I'm honestly confused at this statement. Why would it be biased towards the modding community? If anything, submissions based on mods have additional technical/logistic concerns that make them LESS likely to win, due to questions of IP ownership.

A lot of the Terraria devs are not familiar with the popular mods, and since I'm estimating that 95-99% of submissions are going to be filtered out at the Relogic selection phase, so I can't really see how it would offer much bias in their favor. Care to elaborate?
I guess they might be worried that in their statement of defense that maybe the contest will be unfair to them because of the fact that "maybe" there will be some people who will try to take advantage of this by trying to sneak a mod design in here and maybe thinks there will be no originality hardly in this. Which in your defense I think it won't be entirely true considering even if not many Terraria devs arent aware of the current day mods it doesn't stop anyone from figuring it out by google searching anything from the mods. Granted theres a lot but I know there is a good select few handfuls of people who would inform of it and or even create their own individual work. Sadly I can see his point in the matter but I don't think he should entirely give up on assumption. Besides this is supposed to be a fun contest that everyone can enjoy and even gain maybe some new insight on ideas. I already submitted mine but hey I still think it's fun to be able to react and create something together as a whole and as a fellow member of Terraria ^_^ but hey if anyone has doubts don't let it stop anyone at least from having fun and bringing out creativity at it's fullest.

Aww come on! Take a crack at it! You never know ;)
Yeah go for it dude ^_^ just because there will be many submissions doesn't mean to give up. Theres so many things anyone could create that you or anyone hasn't. It doesn't have to be a perfect drawing nor any sense of perfection even if its pixel art made. Its the concept thats gotta be clear but not too convoluted. Something originally made from your noggin ^_^ you could always use the app PixelArt (don't have to you could draw too) and do some rough drafts and if one you make that looks like something your proud of go ahead and submit it but before you do Id suggest looking at a few of them on here as a inspiration for something you think you can create ^_^ let that creative mind flow.

Wow! Nice job! Looks really good!
I agree that is a real great one of an idea especially for the underworld. Dude Id wear this one too actually ^_^ well done mate.

First time posting, idk, but imma give it a try.
View attachment 241747
Delinquent hat: You feel like if the hat is stuck to your hair.
Delinquent uniform: There are a few manga books in your chest pocket for some reason.

Definitely not a reference.
This reminds me slightly of Sho Minamimoto's outfit from The World Ends With You. Its still great though ^_^ nice one

View attachment 241739View attachment 241733
"Ungodly horned set" or Wendigo
I just would love a Stag or goat skull (I know it isn't how gender works but maybe one for female model and one for male?) to put in item frames or mannequins + Unguligrade animation hoofs for a faun combination.
I can't decide if I like it fully clothed in a more culty armor or just plain naked nightmare so I included most of the combinations I'm pondering (plus in the bottom an idea of a base clothed one and a base naked version. That being said the showcased D:5&D:8 are already kind of enough.)
I'm a bit tired but I didn't want to leave something out so better more than less; Table descriptions:
A:1 Basic Goat head.
A:2 Basic Stag head.
A:3 Idea For a more wraith-like horned god helmet but it is very heavily based on the Draugr Bödvar skin from Brawlhalla.
A:4 Basic clothed torso: Robe with open bottom to show your feet/boots/hooves, pauldron, basic Wendigo design integrated.
A:5 Clothed torso without Wendigo parts(in case a human torso would look better) and with a sashimono inspired black sun backpiece.
A:6 Same as A:5 but with Wendigo parts.
A:7 Or 6.5 A floating chestplate that added with another clothed piece makes a more armored look.
A:8 Example of most items combined including goat hooves.
B:1 Double horned Goat, not that pretty but an idea.
B:2 Basic Stag head with one antler tilted slightly to give it more of a pointy look.
B:4 Wendigo torso + right arm in stationary position.
B:5 Basic hooves. (the icon above is an pickaxe visualizing the angle of the arm in B:6.)
B:6 Simple showcase of torso + arm + hooves assembled and right arm extended (extra long spooky look.)
B:7-8 A collection of upper and lower arm combinations and segments (a bit longer than normal model arms and the deformed finger like hooves at the end).
C:1 Goat head with Larger eye sockets for neutral look.
C:2 Slightly downscaled version of the Stag head for examples.
D:1 Goat head with larger and more icon "angry" Goat skull.
D:4 Example of clothed torso + legs in a stationary position.
D:5 D:4 with the Stag head attached.
D:6 Naked Wendigo torso + legs in a stationary position.
D:8 D:6 with the Stag head for that au naturale look.

Alot of the pieces or sets have some for of noise surrounding them (not completely erased pixels)
And I know this is against the guidelines but just incase it gives you an idea (because I would love it) I'm gonna leave these two attached:
View attachment 241734Lantern lightpets with victorian fence themed batwings would be very cozy (left one has a vine sort of with autumn shaded leaves)
View attachment 241736 X's for eyes because god knows I can't get enough of grandson: Two X's that hover around the eyes and isn't static to the eyes position but jiggle around with sudden shifts in momentum (and original eyes are in a closed shut and covered with the skin color.) (maybe could be applied on top of a helmet or show the character face plain with them with a "visibility toggle" feature.)
Dude I love the skull look of this design. Very original and it definetly has some flare of spooky that would work well even for the Halloween event. Excellent idea mate I love it and approve. I would love to wear this piece for the Halloween event or my spooky house in general. Solid 👍

here is my idea for a set, it's a corrupted hostView attachment 241779
I'm thinking this is for an idea like if the crimson or corrupted took over your sprite form I am assuming...I like it ^_^ way to go dude nice idea of a concept and design.

Kimono set

View attachment 241763

A classic white and red kimono, with a bandana that resemble the japanese flag.
The bandana isn't supposed to make the character bald, I used a bald character as example.
I'm not very sure about the feet, It is supposed to show that the character is barefoot, but I sticked to the classic shoe sprite.​
Kind of slightly reminds me of karate kid in a sense but good work mate ^_^ cool beans with the idea for japanese culture

So, um, this is my upload. Hehe...

Virtual Scort Outfit. - A outfit from a "Virtual Space".
View attachment 241781
By
Kevsho212.
Ok I approve of this virtual reality set. It has a tron appeal but definetly has its own unique design of originality. If they could make the suit glow as well with functionality in changing color or the flow of light of the color in this suit that would be pretty solid of a concept. Great work mate ^_^

I know it looks pretty bad but, hey I tried my best.

I call it the Drusillans Outfit, it's a word i made up for a story I might one day tell.
As you can see I had trouble with the hat like a lot of it, because i have never done pixel art before, and the drawn art also looks bad.

The Outfit is supposed to give off a bit of a magical feel, which is why i chose purple as the dominant color, the yellow crest is also there to try and help with the magical feel.
Oh, and the hair is just one of terrarias default hairs so, no need to pay attention to the hair, I was going to put the hat on their head but that did not work out very well since i don't know how to do pixel art at all.

The picture i drew is just the clothes because I don't yet know how to draw people.

Have a good day and thank you for taking the time to look at my bad pixel art and my bad drawn art, sincerely, internet user, botored.
I can see what you were going for. And don't sweat it about the drawing and all ok? Its the concept that matters but hey still great for your concept good work dude ^_^

I think it would be cool if we had a black and white suit. Pls for unus annus.

View attachment 241750
As much as Id love this for Unus Annus including a half black and white suit it would kind of create something similar to Two Faces Suit in Batman. But hey I love Unus Annus as well from a fellow watcher to another of Unus Annus ^_^ gotta love Mark and Ethan and their crazy adventures.

View attachment 237726

I have made Doug Dimmadome, owner of Dimmsdale Dimmadome, father of Dale Dimmadome (heir of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome fortune).

i drew him with a small hat and an absolute unit of a hat.

it is based on the character in fairly oddparents named Doug Dimmadome, owner of Dimmsdale Dimmadome and has a son named Dale Dimmadome, son of Doug Dimmadome, owner of Dimmslade Dimmadomeand

i made it on the terraria mannequin
i came up with this idea so we could have a long hat (if i win) because long hats r cool
you should make it super tall so it goes out of the screen

you should make it super tall so it goes out of the screen
Now I'm thinking of the meme where he just keeps talking of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome lmao also nice XD though it is wishful thinking for this considering its from Fairly Odd Parents :p

The Military Grade Eraser

A full body combat eraser suit, created to take care of the BIGGEST mistakes imaginable.

View attachment 241791
This slightly gives me the vibes of Gumbi but only as a eraser. Though I am curious whats the story on this outfit? I mean it is a military eraser :p kind of funny actually but hey kudos of a cool design :)

View attachment 241822

I made a Cthulhu set. I got this idea because of the bosses that have to do with Cthulhu.

Like the eye of cthulhu and brain of cthulhu.
As a fellow Cthulhu fan I approve but I will say if you earn the Moon Lord mask and make the armor shirt and pants for Vortex Armor and place it on vanity, it makes for a great combination for a Cthulhu inspired esthetic (I used to do this actually before I moved to the plague doctor appeal a great set to wear) but hey I approve of your idea ^_^

View attachment 241825

This is Panda. Panda loves you. Panda wants to play with friends. Panda wants to finally be in the game. Panda is here. We love Panda.
If they have a Panda I would hope they have bamboo too cause a panda without bamboo is a sad panda XD but hey great design :)

View attachment 240884View attachment 240883
The duality set.
Honestly, this has just been my "OC" for the longest time. I just thought it would be neat to see it in Terraria. I have always been for the mentality of more is less. Terraria is a unique game, and this skin is unique to me.

(I've included a 1:1 pixel ratio img and a 1:30 pixel ratio img just cause I felt like doing so.)
I have a similar one for Unus Annus

Name(s): Cyber Centurion Visor, Cyber Centurion Breastplate, Cyber Centurion Greaves

Note(s): The cape of the Cyber Centurion is slightly longer than the Bee Cloak, and connected to the "Cyber Centurion Greaves", similar to Jim's Set. However, if that isn't allowed, the outfit stands perfectly fine on it's own without it.

View attachment 241771
Maybe it can be crafted in nanites since the cyborg is a roboto

I have a question about what can be submitted. Does it have to be all parts (head, torso, legs) to be a valid entry or can it be like only legs and torso?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom