Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 237793
Esto es algo de lo que quería estar en el juego. Se basa en un personaje que creé.
View attachment 237795
(No es el mejor en dibujar) Este es el personaje y se supone que el rojo es una cicatriz.
Originalmente era una piel enderman justa e invertida de Minecraft, pero agregué otro estilo al diseño y, finalmente, esto fue lo que sucedió.
Él es completamente blanco y es una forma de vida no de la tierra.
tis kratos

can it be situational? like it depends if your world is crimson or corruption? if so can there be two designs? one for corruption and one for crimson?

Hi! I'm a bit of an amateur on Terraria knowledge, and I would love some clarification on some things that are possible with our entries. I'm SUPER sorry if they have been answered already!
  1. Is it possible for armor to be dyed in specific areas like a clipping mask? For example, if I have a blue area on my armor, is it possible for only that blue area to be dyed and not affect any other parts?
  2. Is it possible for vanity chest armor to "override" how wings are displayed? For example, if I have my vanity chest armor equipped, is it possible to NOT have the current equipped wing show and instead display a unique one exclusive to the chest armor?
    1. If not, is it possible to just completely negate the drawing of the current equipped wing sprite?
  3. Is it possible for some sprites to dynamically change in certain scenarios? For example, can the head armor sprite change under certain conditions such as fighting a boss? (I don't plan on making anything too extravagant. Just a very minor change in the sprite, and that previous example as the trigger)
  4. The OP mentioned that the armor could potentially "borrow" cosmetic set effects from the existing ones. Does this mean that the borrowed effects will be exactly the same, or is it possible to tweak the effects to make them more personalized?
I apologize for how annoying these might sound ;;
Questions 2 and 3 are the big ones, and will heavily affect how I attempt the design I have in mind! Thank You!

3uKWVDH.png

Aye yo here's my entry.
I also made some weapons just for a fun bonus. I know you're not supposed to, buttttt I've got passion for this dork theme.
fd6BTRJ.png
This is my favorite so far! <3<3<3

View attachment 237643
This vanity is based off of one of my characters for a future massive RPG-Fighter game that I will be creating and
selling on steam when I improve my coding. I really love this character. I hope you like it too. If there is any way to improve this, please tell me. Also, are animated sprites needed?

Edit:
This is my character Natasha The Night-Tigress. View attachment 237653 I have used her in a few Terraria fan-games. on a site named Scratch. The terraria fangames are basically boss-rush style gameplay.

Edit 2: Being able to actually play as my favorite character that I made would be a blessing from the Terrarian Gods
How did you make the pix-elated form of your vanity set?

My submission, The Jockey. I grew up with Terraria since I downloaded it for mobile, and have been an avid player since.
Some notes:
-The orange bits sticking out of the cap is hair. This would (hopefully) vary with each player's natural hair color.
-Preferably this wouldn't be an exact mirror of the vanity item, with different tufts of hair poking out and dots placed differently on either side.
Thanks for taking a look at my submission!
View attachment 238430
is that johnny joestar?

There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.
I don't think this is going to work. There are enough genuinely good submissions that I feel like you you're going to need either at least a dozen winning slots or make this a yearly contest. Maybe that could be a thing. Every year you guys add 3 new vanity sets and a new furniture set. That shouldn't stress the game engine out too much I would think.
Regardless may the best sets win.

I don't think this is going to work. There are enough genuinely good submissions that I feel like you you're going to need either at least a dozen winning slots or make this a yearly contest. Maybe that could be a thing. Every year you guys add 3 new vanity sets and a new furniture set. That shouldn't stress the game engine out too much I would think.
The three winners will be chosen through a popular vote, out of set of finalists decided by Re-Logic (how many is as of yet unknown). It's very unlikely that that vote is going to result into a tie, and if only choosing three winners means that several genuinely good designs won't get included into the game, then well, that's contests for you. :)

The three winners will be chosen through a popular vote, out of set of finalists decided by Re-Logic (how many is as of yet unknown). It's very unlikely that that vote is going to result into a tie, and if only choosing three winners means that several genuinely good designs won't get included into the game, then well, that's contests for you. :)

More or less, this.

I mean, I would never rule out us deciding that some were so cool that they just had to be added - but that would be on top of and not instead of the contest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom