Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 241231
This is my entry.

There's a head piece that has a hat and shades, since a hat & shades combo is not possible in Terraria already, even though there's so many cool things you could do with it. Hair should NOT be completely invisible for this item like for some certain other hats. That way people can have custom hairs and not look bald. You can see how the arm of the shades is cut off (to simulate hiding behind the hair). There's also a bit of ear showing above the shoulder/collar, this is important but I don't know how possible... The cap should be dyeable for people who want different colors.

There's a chest piece like a jumpsuit jacket or top, it has collar-like projections similar to the Leinfors set. A really good jumpsuit or coveralls isn't in the game yet, but I know car mechanics that would like something like this. This should of course be dyeable, except for the tag. Some default armor and vanity have portions that don't ever seem to change color with regular dye, maybe it's the lack of color but I want to take advantage of this.

There's also of course the jumpsuit bottom/pants, not much explanation needed here, it's dyeable of course.

The outfit would be good for mechanics, pilots, military, janitors, coaches, police, prisoners (dye it orange) and so much more. Also hats and glasses are super cool but you can't really do them by default.
Thanks for considering my entry, and for making the first game I ever put over 1000 hours in. Keep it up and send off the game with a bang!
Great idea!

I was happy to hear news of this new contest, it'll be great to see the communities amazing ideas for the game and I believe the devs know that! I think I may even consider my own idea in this :p

I feel like making it a community vote is not a very good idea, cause the winners are gonna be the ones with the best art, not the best idea. If the vanity sets chosen are given a mockup sprite and not use the art it was based off of, it might be better, but that would be a lot of work.

this is very true, I too think that happiness is something that you believe in and never stop it even tho the mean people will try to stop you and hate all over your stuff just be happy you tried, and have some fun^^ good luck to everyone out there.

I was feeling quite inspired by this contest, and may have put two vanity sets in my submission because I liked the entire related idea. So I just said "use this one but here's both". Alas, I decided that was not in the spirit (or rules) of the contest and somewhat unbecoming of me, so I decided to move any extra thoughts and creations related to my entry here for posterity (and it doubles as self-advertising, i guess. So much for being dignified 😇)

Since the Dryad is concerned with the fate of the Corruption and Hallow in the world, I thought it would be quite fitting that we could represent the state of the world with vanity sets. Thus two related ideas came forth, a set for the corrupted world, and a set for the hallow world:

terrariaTheEaterOfDarkness.png
terrariaTheMorningStar.png

Currently titled "Eater of Darkness" and "Lightbringer"

And, still inspired by the concept, I wrote a couple of poems from the perspective of the inhabitants of the world, one for each set. Honestly, I like the poems better than my sketches, but the poetry wouldn't really have meaning outside of the above context, so it's included. I share for fun; to share my excitement for this contest and for Terraria in general. I hope you enjoy!

Ode to the Dark Hero

You came like the eve, the march towards night
You heard our tales, and heeded our plight.
Then to the dark depths, you waded through doom
and the darkness of our world you would consume.
Such great power and strength has ne'er been known!
Now the nightmares of the deep for salvation moan
From your hunger for powers they once thought secure,
yet their destruction you have made sure!
You brought peace to our land, yet our hopes shall flee
should we ever need a hero to save us from thee!

Ode to the Bright Hero

You came like the morn, a beacon of light
you heard our tales, and heeded our plight
You traveled to your doom, we surely thought
yet instead we saw the miracles you wrought!
Such a bright star has ne'er been seen
even the abyss now fears your gleam!
For your honor and courage forged a blade too pure
and the darkest powers that be could not endure.
Oh star of Terraria, may your shine never fade!
may it last forever, this peace you have made!

<3 to all!

As an aside: I'm new to the forums, and I've noticed there are a few "player creations" topics on the forum. Since this is directly related to my entry, i figured this was the best place to put it. Please let me know if the literature or another section is more appropriate, I'll gladly move it there.

Giraffe set

-Giraffe neck could be long or it could extend into the body to give it the illusion of being long
-Tail connects to body
-Has the head of a giraffe, the body of a giraffe, and the legs of a giraffe
-Maybe the neck/head can do a funny swing back and forth when you run, kinda like its doing the worm or something
-GiraffeView attachment 245004
If this makes it in the game can we make the neck longer? Like, way longer.

Ok honestly I'm starting to think that submissions put here should be DQ'd cause this is just getting annoying...

As we all know how every armor in the game has a very good palette, so I came up with the idea of... Horrendous Armor!
(Also comes with the mighty Horrendous Spear!)
The idea is that the armor slowly brightens the less health you have with the max health of 400 (Before Journeys End.) to the minimum of 0. (Left to right.)
The idea is that this stuff is as hard as the bone key to get but is the worst armor in the game. I dont know if this will be possible but thats my personal take on it. Have fun with the design.
View attachment 241878
they aren't going to add weapons to the game

I hope you like it :) also I can't really draw good and did not know how to put text sorry I tried
I give to you, the companion suit! You could get it from the cyborg when you have a companion cube in your inventory.
View attachment 245615
Helmet alone:
View attachment 245619
Body alone:
View attachment 245620
good idea you should make skeleton the clothier will sell it only if you used the clothier voodoo doll on him and he will sell each piece for 50 gold and a skeleton pet for 10 platinum

Ok, This will sound weird but hear me out. I am not very good at drawing so I would need someone to design this for me but here is my idea. This would be endgame armor with 120 defense. The reason it has so much defense is that it is very hard to craft but it is very good. So it would look like an astronaut set, but you would craft the whole set at once. To craft it you need, 80 Luminite, 80 Meteoritem, 80 chlorophyte, 80 Titanium, 80 Iron,80 Crimtane, 80 lead, and 80 Gold. The reason it is so exspensive is this, one ability it can do is like the drill containment unit but more powerful and has more beams to mine so better press M for it, the second ability is unlimited flight, Then there is the Ghost ability where you can travel through blocks anywhere, and lastly is the rover, that is a mount that can jump very high and has extremely fast speed that damages enemies 80 dmg. (Press r for it, it takes up your mount slot). And that is my idea. It is also practically two mounts in one. Please take it into consideration!!!! I have been thinking about this for a very long time. thx!!!!!

It's a VANITY set NOT ARMOR, they are different things and people are gonna lose because probably aren't paying atention, its just a cosmedic piece not a armor type thing

Hi this is my character but I could not think of a name. The hair displayed on the top of the helmet is supposed to be whatever hair your character has. If you can do some effects according to the health of the character that would be great.
If you can the effects will be: all the blue on it glows but gets dimmer the lower the health is. Lightning sparks off the blue but gets less frequent as your health goes down. As well as some of your pixels fading away, this gets more frequent as your health goes down and does not happen at full health.
If you can’t the effects will be: The blue will always glow and the fading and lightning will occur at randomised speeds.
For both of them I would appreciate if instead of bits of your character flying away when you get slain but instead he fades away.

I think this idea is awesome! I can see it in the art, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom