Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be allowed to use in game sprites to make the vanity set? I plan on making one on the Terraria Logo but I don't know if that would be allowed?

Venom like outfit

Or some sort of Symbiotes

My own made Symbiote is called The Grim Venom, a combination of venom and the grim reaper and the colors are mostly black with a good neon green

I do have a couple of drawings of him but not pixel laded, if yees want some samples of

Bump about things like set effects(ie armor effects but for vanity, sunglasses and the sun, etc). Reason I ask is for things like a flowing pseudo-cape, potentially tied to the wind value getting further built upon in 1.4. And also if making something quite more extravagant than a similar vanity on a dev set already has but in a new style would hurt chances at all.

View attachment 247940
(the name isn't final, I'm open to suggestions :D)

Obviously the character would be your own character, not this one...
Maybe the set would let you look at equipped armor in the armor slot or equipment in an equipment slot? (maybe)
And of course the different pieces would be head/chest/legs, but on fire.
The flames would also hopefully stream behind when you walk. (and have a better animation than what i could give it :D)

EDIT 1: Forgot to add this lol but the flames could change to cursed flames when you enter corruption and stuff like that.

EDIT 2: Added the frost and cursed variants. :D
View attachment 247950
It could be called the PyroManiac set

Bump about things like set effects(ie armor effects but for vanity, sunglasses and the sun, etc). Reason I ask is for things like a flowing pseudo-cape, potentially tied to the wind value getting further built upon in 1.4. And also if making something quite more extravagant than a similar vanity on a dev set already has but in a new style would hurt chances at all.
Hi @StickyQuote, these already answered questions similar to yours may help.

The question: is it a possibility that the sprite can be animated in-game? because i was beginning to have some ideas that involved fire
The answer from Leinfors: tomettuce I wouldn't suggest anything "more" animated than normal in-game items. For example, the King Slime helmet animates when you move, but aside from the player moving, most armors do not have much animation to them. There are a few exceptions, but keeping it reasonable is ideal.

Q: Can the vanity set have any particle effects? like Tims robes has the effect that appears when walking can we have that with our armour?
A: StyledCarrot602 We will be able to discuss that sort of thing for winners, but I would not rely on it being a critical part of the submission, especially "brand new" effects. Reusing old particle effects might be considered.

Q: Are we allowed to have set effects? (necro armour's sound effects, molten armour ember effects or rune set's magic feet)
A: I wouldn't build your submission around such an effect, no. Its possible we can discuss it and add a pre-existing effect during the creation process, but its safer to err on the side of caution and not build around it. Winners will be in discussion with us, so we can look into incorporating things at the artists/programmers discretion

Well, the odds are against everyone. Right now I may say that the odds of winning are lower than obtaining the Rod of Discord. Never tell us the odds! Good luck!

If I put my design here will I have a higher chance of a moderator seeing it? Also will the winner be determined my number of likes?

Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?

• The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

Winning this contest would be like, the coolest birthday gift ever. considering my birthday is nearly here. Also, will a drawing on paper be even considered? Like, does everyone have the same odds of winning? I dont mean to be rude in saying that but, will all contestants be reviewed and all? thanks. Ghostlly

Winning this contest would be like, the coolest birthday gift ever. considering my birthday is nearly here. Also, will a drawing on paper be even considered? Like, does everyone have the same odds of winning? I dont mean to be rude in saying that but, will all contestants be reviewed and all? thanks. Ghostlly
Everyone has the same odds of winning, no matter if their idea is presented as a drawing on paper or a well-executed art piece. Every single entry will be looked at.

Everyone has the same odds of winning, no matter if their idea is presented as a drawing on paper or a well-executed art piece. Every single entry will be looked at.

To be fair though, aren't more detailed drawings more likely for success? Since the judges will have a better and clearer idea of what they're looking at and what exactly the drawings entail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom