Jumpscared in Terraria

foussi

Terrarian
Did you ever get jumpscared in the game ? Like a really bad onee.
Post your experience here.

I remember when I was first playing and it got night and suddendly the message came" the blood moon is rising". That scared me so hard that I screamed and got shocked for like 1 minute.
That was the worst thing that I felt.:eek:
Also when Eye of cthulu spawned randomly .

Dude, that freaked me out too the first time I saw it. Actually, till now it still freaks me out, it's just so ominous. A green text over a background that's transitioning to red... Whenever it happens, I usually exit the game and log on it again later, though it doesn't really get rid of blood moon...

I think my worst jumpscare would be the first time I went to the Dungeon and I didn't know about the Dungeon Guardian and the Skull thing just went right at me. I think I screamed a bit at one point.

Dude, that freaked me out too the first time I saw it. Actually, till now it still freaks me out, it's just so ominous. A green text over a background that's transitioning to red... Whenever it happens, I usually exit the game and log on it again later, though it doesn't really get rid of blood moon...

I think my worst jumpscare would be the first time I went to the Dungeon and I didn't know about the Dungeon Guardian and the Skull thing just went right at me. I think I screamed a bit at one point.
Yeah the dungeon guardian definitely gives you a scare. The first time seeing the dungeon, let's be realistic we all slightly crapped ourselves and got excited. We see the old man, tap on him, he talks about his master and of course we just ignore him and head straight to the dungeon. We go down thinking this is so cool untill suddenly a gigantic skeleton head kills you instantly, and we try it again getting the same result. :) ;)

Agreed on Dungeon Guardian. It jumpscared me when I first started playing terraria, while also teaching my a valuable lesson not to get cocky about being able to go everywhere.

I think one of the reasons jumpscares work so well in this game is because you'll never expect it. Especially because the graphics look very tame and cute.

Closest times I've gotten to getting jumpscared if I recall, are when Skeletron's head starts turning very fast at dawn if you don't beat it before Nighttime ends.

1st time fighting Eye of Cthulhu on Expert Mode as well. It was an exciting experience that was a jumpscare the 1st time I heard it's "hyper scream".

No one says anything about the pressure plate explosive traps?

These as well. They appear when you least expect them.

Dungeon Guardian

When i first started playing a few years ago on mobile, i talked to the Old Man during day and he told me i cannot enter until i defeated his master, but i was like 'But the door is unlocked...' so i went in, started going down and then i got freaked out by the giant skulls flying towards me and trying to kill me.

Whenever I saw a clown hanging around one of my structures back in the day when they could still destroy blocks I would instantly panic and try to get to him as fast as possible.

1. The dungoun gaurdian.
2. Tim/rune wizard.
3. Explosive traps.

Theese three things always make me jump.

The Dungeon Guardian definitely freaked me out the first time. I was going down, thinking "Well this is a nice place! I wonder what's..." and then a giant flying skull bashed my head in.

Duke Fishron also freaked me the first time. I used the truffle worm in the ocean and thought, "How bad can he be? I've beaten WoF." He one shotted me.

No one says anything about the pressure plate explosive traps?
I have had my own run ins with this. I was mining and mining, when suddenly BOOM! And I was dead. Terraria likes to scare me.

Explosive traps when you least expect them. You're just mining down, you drop into this little cave, then suddenly BOOM. It always makes me jump out of my seat.

Dungeon guardian

I was trying to get the bone key --- went down under... ehh was expecting it to come from below

it came from above instead XD hahaha

Back
Top Bottom