NPCs & Enemies Jungle Mimic: A Look Inside

What ideas did you like here? (VOTES CAN BE CHANGED)

• Spawning Post-Mech Bosses

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • The Thorn Hook

• The Seedler

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • The Pistil

• The Petal Guard

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Ugh, this all sucks.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I love it!

• The Key of Thorns

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Pikadex

Skeletron Prime
So, as you probably know, Terraria added some special Mimics to Terraria with 1.3: the Hallowed, Corrupt, and Crimson Mimics. But, what you may not know is that there is a fourth type: the Jungle Mimic! This mimic is,currently unimplemented and cannot be spawned by normal means. It only drops Greater Healing Potions and Greater Mana Potions. A treasure chest with no treasure ain't a treasure chest! I'm here to fix that!

The first section will be when it begins to spawn, the next two are items that already exist, and the final two are completely new items.

As with all special mimics, the Jungle Mimic will most likely have a hook, melee weapon, ranged weapon, and magic weapon.

divider.png

Spawning: Unlike the other mimics, I believe that Jungle Mimics should begin to spawn once the jungle grows restless. In other words, after the Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. This is mainly due to the power of a certain sword that I've decided to put in here.

divider.png

Hook: Thorn Hook
Thorn_Hook.png

However, I believe the Thorn Hook was implemented specifically as a Jungle Mimic drop, but turned it into a Plantera drop since the Jungle Mimic is not yet ready. Why? Well, it's stats are identical to that of the Worm Hook and Illuminant Hook, with 1 tile less in reach than the Tendon Hook. I think this change will be made regardless of any influence this thread may accumulate.

If this change is made, it should no longer be a Plantera drop. Due to it being obtainable later than other hooks, I think the range should be extended from 30 tiles to 32 tiles.

divider.png

Melee: Seedler
Seedler.png

The Seedler, oh the Seedler. This is a simply fantastic weapon. Initially, when it could be fished out at the beginning of hardmode, it was too powerful, and one could breeze through the majority of expert hardmode with it. Now, it's very short-lived, quickly being overshadowed by other melee weapons, and is even completely unobtainable in expert mode.

I propose that the Seedler is changed to a Jungle Mimic drop. Considering it was the only non-expert item added to pre-1.3 bosses, this may have been the original intention. No stat changes are needed here.

divider.png

Now, for some original ideas. I'll do my best to make reasonable stats, but...
divider.png

Ranged: Pistil
index.php
(weapon)
index.php
(projectile)

Damage: 30 Ranged Damage
Use time: 10 (Very Fast)
Ammo type: Bullets
Knockback: 3 (Very Weak)
Critical chance: 4%
Auto-use: No

If it wasn't obvious, the Pistil is a gun. Specifically, a pistol. Now hold on for a second! The name isn't just Pistol with the 'o' changed to an 'i' for no reason: it's a pun. The pistil is the female organs of a flower. Even though a pistil receives pollen, this Pistil shoots it.

The Pistil would shoot dimly-glowing yellow bullets (representing pollen), regardless of the type used. These bullets would temporarily stick to the target, dealing DoT. Additionally, these would stick to solid surfaces for short periods of time, attaching to any enemies that touch it. The effects of most bullets would be retained, with the exception of Exploding Bullets due to the explosion and Luminite Bullets due to piercing. Meteor Shots would bounce/pierce before sticking.

The Pistil has a high rate of fire, but it is not an auto-firing weapon, meaning that your have to click for each shot. It's damage doesn't really make up for that. Using Musket Balls, the DPS is 222 DPS at maximum clicking speed. Under the same circumstances, the Venus Magnum has ~386 DPS, and the Megshark has ~274 DPS. So why would you want this?

Easy: the pollen! Each piece of pollen deals 9 DPS. Up to a maximum of 8 specks can be on a single enemy, giving a total of 72 additional DPS. Slap that on there, and you've got yourself a nice 294 DPS. Much better! The Venus Magnum still beats it in terms of DPS, and Megashark will be better for low-health enemies, but now it's a strong competitor.

divider.png

Magic:
Petal Guard
index.php

Damage: 120 Magic Damage
Use time: 180, or 3 seconds (Snail)
Mana cost: 35
Knockback: 21 (Insane)
Radius: 20 tiles (the range of a Topaz Hook)

This one is a unique one! It's not much of a combat weapon, but rather a defensive one. Instead of shooting towards your mouse, Petal Guard will shoot a burst of quickly-moving, wide petals around your character, which cause an insanely high amount of knockback to enemies within its radius. It would pierce infinitely through enemies, but break upon touching lava or a solid tile. Additionally, all projectiles would be deflected back towards the sender for full damage.

Now, when you see that 120 Damage number, you might be alarmed by how high that is for that point. However, you will quickly realize how abismal it would be for combat. It's fire rate turns that 120 damage into only 40 DPS. Extremely effective for getting large groups of enemies away from you, but not much else.

divider.png

Key: Key of Thorns
index.php

Recipe: 3 Chlorophyte Ore, 6 Souls of Light, 6 Souls of Night
Station: Mythril Anvil, Orichalcum Anvil

Can't believe I forgot this one. Thanks to TwinPrimeDestroyer for the reminder!

divider.png

HUGE thanks to @The Architect for making the sprites for the Pistil and it's pollen, the Petal Guard, and the Key of Thorns.

Well, that's it! Two existing items, and two new items, all stored in an evil jungle chest, waiting to be released into the world of Terraria.

Last edited:
I really like this idea! all you need is bit more detail in terms of stats and a few more items to make it equal to the other biome mimics.
Support!

Support!
Maybe have a key like the others, like 15 stingers to make a "Spiny Key".
Also, the new items could look great with sprites!
Great idea!

I really like this idea! all you need is bit more detail in terms of stats and a few more items to make it equal to the other biome mimics.
Support!
Yeah. I'm concerned with balancing issues. I'll give it a go, though. I think it'd probably be a bit of a higher tier than the other chests, with it being post-mech only.
But as for more items, it doesn't really need that. All of the special mimics have a melee, ranged, and magic weapon, along with a hook. The Crimson and Corrupt Mimics just have a bonus accessory. Or you could just say that the Hallowed Mimic is missing one...;)
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

This needs a lot of work, but it's unique.
Suggest away!

Support!
Maybe have a key like the others, like 15 stingers to make a "Spiny Key".
Also, the new items could look great with sprites!
Great idea!
Forgot all about the key. The only problem here is making it hardmode-only, as well as post-mech. Only reasonable solution I can see here would be to include a little bit of Chlorophyte Ore. But yeah, I'll add that in. :)
Not great at spriting, so I'll let a professional do that, whether it be a supporter or a dev (or both.)
Thanks. :)

UPDATE:
- Added the Key of Thorns to the post and poll
- Added 1 extra vote to the poll.

UPDATE 2:
- Added specific stats to the Petal Guard and Pistil
- Added DPS to the Petal Guard and Pistils (in their descriptions)

Last edited:
So, as you probably know, Terraria added some special Mimics to Terraria with 1.3: the Hallowed, Corrupt, and Crimson Mimics. But, what you may not know is that there is a fourth type: the Jungle Mimic! This mimic is,currently unimplemented and cannot be spawned by normal means. It only drops Greater Healing Potions and Greater Mana Potions. A treasure chest with no treasure ain't a treasure chest! I'm here to fix that!

The first section will be when it begins to spawn, the next two are items that already exist, and the final two are completely new items.

As with all special mimics, the Jungle Mimic will most likely have a hook, melee weapon, ranged weapon, and magic weapon.

divider.png

Spawning: Unlike the other mimics, I believe that Jungle Mimics should begin to spawn once the jungle grows restless. In other words, after the Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. This is mainly due to the power of a certain sword that I've decided to put in here.

divider.png

Hook: Thorn Hook
Thorn_Hook.png

However, I believe the Thorn Hook was implemented specifically as a Jungle Mimic drop, but turned it into a Plantera drop since the Jungle Mimic is not yet ready. Why? Well, it's stats are identical to that of the Worm Hook and Illuminant Hook, with 1 tile less in reach than the Tendon Hook. I think this change will be made regardless of any influence this thread may accumulate.

If this change is made, it should no longer be a Plantera drop. Due to it being obtainable later than other hooks, I think the range should be extended from 30 tiles to 32 tiles.

divider.png

Melee: Seedler
Seedler.png

The Seedler, oh the Seedler. This is a simply fantastic weapon. Initially, when it could be fished out at the beginning of hardmode, it was too powerful, and one could breeze through the majority of expert hardmode with it. Now, it's very short-lived, quickly being overshadowed by other melee weapons, and is even completely unobtainable in expert mode.

I propose that the Seedler is changed to a Jungle Mimic drop. Considering it was the only non-expert item added to pre-1.3 bosses, this may have been the original intention. No stat changes are needed here.

divider.png

Now, for some original ideas. I'll do my best to make reasonable stats, but...
divider.png

Ranged: Pistil
||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||

Damage: 30 Ranged Damage
Use time: 10 (Very Fast)
Ammo type: Bullets
Knockback: 3 (Very Weak)
Auto-use: No

If it wasn't obvious, the Pistil is a gun. Specifically, a pistol. Now hold on for a second! The name isn't just Pistol with the 'o' changed to an 'i' for no reason: it's a pun. The pistil is the female organs of a flower. Even though a pistil receives pollen, this Pistil shoots it.

The Pistil would shoot dimly-glowing yellow bullets (representing pollen), regardless of the type used. These bullets would temporarily stick to the target, dealing DoT. Additionally, these would stick to solid surfaces for short periods of time, attaching to any enemies that touch it. The effects of most bullets would be retained, with the exception of Exploding Bullets due to the explosion and Luminite Bullets due to piercing. Meteor Shots would bounce/pierce before sticking.

The Pistil has a high rate of fire, but it is not an auto-firing weapon, meaning that your have to click for each shot. It's damage doesn't really make up for that. Using Musket Balls, the DPS is 222 DPS at maximum clicking speed. Under the same circumstances, the Venus Magnum has ~386 DPS, and the Megshark has ~274 DPS. So why would you want this?

Easy: the pollen! Each piece of pollen deals 9 DPS. Up to a maximum of 8 specks can be on a single enemy, giving a total of 72 additional DPS. Slap that on there, and you've got yourself a nice 294 DPS. Much better! The Venus Magnum still beats it in terms of DPS, and Megashark will be better for low-health enemies, but now it's a strong competitor.

divider.png

Magic:
Petal Guard
||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||

Damage: 120 Magic Damage
Use time: 180, or 3 seconds (Snail)
Mana cost: 35
Knockback: 21 (Insane)
Radius: 20 tiles (the range of a Topaz Hook)

This one is a unique one! It's not much of a combat weapon, but rather a defensive one. Instead of shooting towards your mouse, Petal Guard will shoot a burst of quickly-moving, wide petals around your character, which cause an insanely high amount of knockback to enemies within its radius. It would pierce infinitely through enemies, but break upon touching lava or a solid tile. Additionally, all projectiles would be deflected back towards the sender for full damage.

Now, when you see that 120 Damage number, you might be alarmed by how high that is for that point. However, you will quickly realize how abismal it would be for combat. It's fire rate turns that 120 damage into only 40 DPS. Extremely effective for getting large groups of enemies away from you, but not much else.

divider.png

Key: Key of Thorns
||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||

Recipe: 3 Chlorophyte Ore, 6 Souls of Light, 6 Souls of Night
Station: Mythril Anvil, Orichalcum Anvil

Can't believe I forgot this one. Thanks to TwinPrimeDestroyer for the reminder!

divider.png

Well, that's it! Two existing items, and two new items, all stored in an evil jungle chest, waiting to be released into the world of Terraria.
I did u a favor :D
Pistil:
Pistil.png
Pollen Projectile:
Pollen.png

Petal Gaurd:
Petal Gaurd.png

Key of Thorns:
KeyOfThorns.png

Last edited:
Definitely a huge fan of this. Snow mimics might be nice too, considering they're the only major biome without a fishing weapon or a mimic now.

Definitely a huge fan of this. Snow mimics might be nice too, considering they're the only major biome without a fishing weapon or a mimic now.
They do have a mimic, just not a mini-boss mimic. The drops from hardmode 'tundra'-mobs can be extremely good early on - Amarok, Frost Staff, Frostbrand, etc. - so I, personally, think that it doesn't really need one. Good point, though!
As for the fishing weapon, I never thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom