Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I think there should be Rich Pearl/Ebon/Shadewood that is basically a combination of the two woods.
(e.g. Rich Pearlwood gives you 10 defense with +12 defense as the set bonus, to make this armor slightly useful...at Hardmode's begging)
I figured it would be best for the converted jungle to still give rich mahogany wood, I don't think there should be 3 more wood types, as that would mean 3 more sets of equipment and furniture

I figured it would be best for the converted jungle to still give rich mahogany wood, I don't think there should be 3 more wood types, as that would mean 3 more sets of equipment and furniture
I suppose so, but it was the first thing I thought of.

I had an idea/dream about this before.
When the corruption spreads into the jungle, it creates the Bog.
It's like the jungle but imagine everything a paler, sickly green. Most mobs with have alternate diseased-looking counterparts and will not drop their valueble drops.
the idea is that it's still a differentiable biome so iot can be converted back with the clentaminator, but you won't be able to get much use of it if it's in a corrupted state.

I had an idea/dream about this before.
When the corruption spreads into the jungle, it creates the Bog.
It's like the jungle but imagine everything a paler, sickly green. Most mobs with have alternate diseased-looking counterparts and will not drop their valueble drops.
the idea is that it's still a differentiable biome so iot can be converted back with the clentaminator, but you won't be able to get much use of it if it's in a corrupted state.
I don't think you had a dream, you just plagiarized Tobbvald's "Contagion" thread.

Eh, I can't stay mad at Ronald Reagan. You are one of my favorite presidents, and it is a cool idea regardless.

I don't think you had a dream, you just plagiarized Tobbvald's "Contagion" thread.
I am offended. I would never do such a thing. Could you link me to this contagion thread?
-edit-
Oh, I found it. Yes, I've seen this before, very nice, I loved this suggestion.
However..
I could argue that he stole this idea from
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/corrupted-jungle-the-bog.123959/

A much older post. But I won't argue because that would be silly, the ideas are similar but only distantly related.

Last edited:
I am offended. I would never do such a thing. Could you link me to this contagion thread?
-edit-
Oh, I found it. Yes, I've seen this before, very nice, I loved this suggestion.
However..
I could argue that he stole this idea from
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/corrupted-jungle-the-bog.123959/

A much older post. But I won't argue because that would be silly, the ideas are similar but only distantly related.
I remember seeing that when I was searching to see if someone already posted my idea. There weren't many threads about protecting the jungle, and the ones that I did find were really old and never got much attention.

The jungle not being corrupted/crimsoned and goblin army not spawning in hardmode are the two things I'm so :red:in surprised that they didn't do yet.
so I only support the jungle being immune to corruption/crimson

I'm kind of surprise that a certain someone hasn't noticed this yet...
I'VE SEEN THIS THREAD TONS OF TIMES BEFORE
HOW I DID NOT WTF whatever
USE THE TAGGING FEATURE AGAIN

I like the look and feel of the jungle. I don't want it contaminated by either the hallow or the crimson/corruption. How about taking away the ability of crimson/hallow to convert jungle grass and turn mud into dirt. And give us the ability to turn mud into dirt....

It irritates me when I lose large masses of the jungle to the corruption as I like to make fishing lakes there.

Yeah chlorophyte ore is much harder to get when you have a jungle being eaten at both ends and I have had the misfortune of experiencing this in the past :(

I think that the jungle biome should be protected from the Corruption and crimson. As it wasn't lame already that my world is slowly dying would be nice to at least have my jungle protected...plus think of all the poor innocent endangered species like the derpling ;-; This also includes the crimson/corruption spawning on my jungle that is so annoying!

I think the inclusion of a new jungle solution for the clentaminator would be nice at least then you can clean it up. Another idea Is to make the corruption/crimson be limited to just spreading on the grass not converting the mud into dirt. I think someone has already mentioned this on the thread in wich case credit goes to her/him :)

Last edited:
This idea is nice. We really need something like a light-green Solution. The Bog idea sounds nice, though. What of the Crimson?

In my world the purity is almost destoyded by the corruption and I have my jungle biome transformed into a mushroom biome.

In my new world corruption is generated IN THE MIDDLE of the jungle. My new playthrough is failed already. Once i defeat WoF, the jungle will me slowly destroyed and there is no way to fix it.
@Redigit what you was thinking about when you wrote the lines of code that allowed corruption to destroy jungles?

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
I want 3 new boss variants in the game, each with different abilities.

We all know about Plantera. These variants are for the Corrupted/Crimsoned/Hallowed Jungle. Each variant has variants of drops. They all drop the Temple Key, though.

Chaotic Plantera - Corrupted Jungle

The stats are the same with Plantera, but with more defense, 250 defense, to be exact. That means you need to bring your most damaging weapons. Of course, Lizhard Temples will not be affected by this.

Bloodsapping Plantera - Crimsoned Jungle

These stats are the same with Plantera, but with a weaker defense, having only 3 defense, and a much more powerful attack, 150 attack.

Rainbowplant - Hallowed Jungle

The HP is the same, but the attack and defense are both increased to 100.

I want 3 new boss variants in the game, each with different abilities.

We all know about Plantera. These variants are for the Corrupted/Crimsoned/Hallowed Jungle. Each variant has variants of drops. They all drop the Temple Key, though.

Chaotic Plantera - Corrupted Jungle

The stats are the same with Plantera, but with more defense, 250 defense, to be exact. That means you need to bring your most damaging weapons. Of course, Lizhard Temples will not be affected by this.

Bloodsapping Plantera - Crimsoned Jungle

These stats are the same with Plantera, but with a weaker defense, having only 3 defense, and a much more powerful attack, 150 attack.

Rainbowplant - Hallowed Jungle

The HP is the same, but the attack and defense are both increased to 100.
That's an interesting concept, but those stats... I'm sorry, but those stats are terrible. They are way too high for a boss like Plantera (whose current stats are 50 attack and 14 defense). If Plantera was going to change based on what type of jungle you fought it in, I would have the petals fired change based on the biome, inflicting cursed flames for corruption, ichor for crimson, and shattering into crystal shards for the hallow. Plantera would also need to be recolored to fit its environment.

Back
Top Bottom