Sprites Just a few humble summoner weapon suggestions.

Finch master

Terrarian
I am just posting a few ideas I had for some summoner weapons, I am not trying to do anything revolutionary. My main goal is simply to offer suggestions for what I hope are original yet fitting weapons to flesh out certain tiers that are lacking options.

I also should explain that my idea of what the summoner class should be is not in-line with what most people might think. I think the summoner class is actually made more unique and fun with it's lack of a straightforward progression, while I do agree the summoner class should have more options I like the idea of keeping it's options more obscure so that they are obtained in strange and unconventional ways. To put it simply; none of the items featured in this post will be easy to obtain.

Lobster staff
Lobster staff.png

Summons deadly lobsters to fight for you

9 summon damage
Very weak Knockback
10 mana cost

Lobsters can latch onto enemies for a couple seconds like spiders from the spider staff, but cannot walk on background walls instead being able to swim.

It is caught rarely by fishing in the oasis or ocean, and is only obtainable if you use a fishing rod that has at least 20% fishing power (demonite/crimtane or better) It is meant to be a post-eye summoning weapon like the vampire frog staff, but can be acquired before if the player wishes to.

Vision staff
Vision staff.png

Conjures mirages to fight for you

13 summon damage
average Knockback
10 mana cost

Conjures shadow-like apparitions, they float slowly like wraiths and deal damage on contact. They have a chance to confuse enemies.

Sold by the skeleton merchant for 10 gold during the following moon phases: New moon, Full moon, Waning crescent, Waxing crescent.

Carrion staff
Carrion staff.png

Summons carrion critters to fight for you

14 summon damage
Very weak Knockback
10 mana cost

Carrion critters cannot jump very high which makes it difficult for them to reach airborne targets but their jumps travel far distances horizontally and their quick movement speed allows them to stick to grounded enemies very well and deal high dps.

It has a 1.67% chance to drop from angry bones.

Core Stoker
Core stoker.png

Summons kindlings to fight for you

42 summon damage
average Knockback
10 mana cost

Kindlings are small, floaty, infernal beings made of living fire, they have great dps but after hitting an enemy 10 times they burn out and must recharge for 5 seconds. They can inflict the "on fire" Debuff.

It is caught rarely by fishing in lava in Hardmode.

This will be updated if I have ideas. Feel free to give me any feedback or criticism.

I think the Core Stoker should be found in Shadow Chests, because the summoner currently lacks a Shadow Chest item. This way, it could also be obtained by fishing (Shadow Lock Boxes)

The rest it good in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom