NPCs & Enemies Just an idea for upcoming updates

Dub Bab

Terrarian
See, I recently had an idea for 1.3.6(or a future update, since 1.3.6 seems to focus on visuals) concerning the friendly NPCs of Terraria. This is an extension of making the NPCs feel more alive, with their separate personalities, as well as just a fun feature.

Since NPCs already have an option to sit down, I was thinking that they could now sleep in beds. Some would sleep during the night, others take naps during the day, some do both, but all of them have a time period during both the day and the night for trading and such. Additionally, if NPCs don't have an accessible bed, they had a chance of falling asleep in a chair for a shorter period of time. This would give each NPC an additional personality. The arms dealer staying awake at night to sell his illegal gun parts would make him even more shady.

This also got me thinking about NPCs during the nighttime, which led to the idea of having some of the NPCs arrive during the night, and sleep strictly during the day. For example, a "monster" NPC that arrives during the night. I personally love the addition of friendly NPCs, and I think it would be great to have more of them, and more personalized ones. If you read all of this, thanks for reading, and sorry for all the text.

Back
Top Bottom