Mobile Just curious, has the Windows 10 Mobile version ever been officially discontinued?

dennisvdg

Terrarian
I haven't been keeping up with Terraria for the past 2-3 years so I'm sure I've missed a lot of news. Now I'm very curious about the Windows 10 Mobile version of Terraria because that's the version I've put the most hours in.

To be clear, I'm not expecting any more updates for this version, since even Microsoft themselves have officially abandoned the platform. It simply doesn't make any sense to still develop for it.

But I am very curious wether there has ever been any official statement from the devs on this topic. If you know anything or can link me, that would be cool. :)

Believe it or not I'm still using W10M in 2019 xD. I'm looking forward to getting a new device but none of the current devices really excite me enough to spend all that cash...

p.s Can't wait for Terraria on Switch so I can start playing all over again (for the 7th time) :D

There has been no official statement about the Window Phone (mobile) version that I know of, but I definitely would not count on it happening.

As you say, Microsoft has abandoned the platform, which means no more development support, and I doubt they (MS) would bother to approve a new version of the game even if Re-Logic/505Games wanted to pursue that. The customer base is probably the smallest of all Terraria platforms and there isn't a future market for it, so it's not really a good business decision to pursue it (totally my opinion).

There has been no official statement about the Window Phone (mobile) version that I know of, but I definitely would not count on it happening.

As you say, Microsoft has abandoned the platform, which means no more development support, and I doubt they (MS) would bother to approve a new version of the game even if Re-Logic/505Games wanted to pursue that. The customer base is probably the smallest of all Terraria platforms and there isn't a future market for it, so it's not really a good business decision to pursue it (totally my opinion).
Yeap, makes total sense. I was honestly surprised we got as much support as we did back in the day xD. It was fun while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom