Just Heard of and Started Terraria ("REALLY??")

Mishes

Terrarian
Hey all,

It's been a long 6 years, but I finally wiped the dust off myself and managed to heave the rock I've been living under! Once it was moved, I found Terraria and have really liked it so far. I've been having a hard time finding a game I actually enjoy playing for the last 1-2 years or so with just about no success. Terraria is one I can stick with for a while.

After trying hard, I couldn't get a single friend to even look up Terraria after telling them about it or even mentioning it. To hell with them!

*I'm 23 and have played games in the past like RS, WoW, Minecraft, among a horde of console games, RPG's, JRPG's, blah blah (My favorite being Dark Souls 1, 2 was meh and don't have a console for 3)
*GMT -5 (East coast NA)

Looking for some friendly people to add me on Steam to play Terraria with on new characters and in a new world we create. Skype or Discord (I have). I'm new and all I really know is how to move some NPC's in and some basic crafting stuff. I summoned my first boss (Eye of Cthullu) with the help of the wiki and got it to it's second form and disappointingly died.

Side note: I've heard the name Terraria and only knew it was a pixelated 2D game and knew *nothing* else so I avoided it. I finally checked it out on Steam after constantly being at the top of my recommended list and saw 123,000+ reviews and was "Overwhelmingly Positive." I couldn't not (double wha-?) know about Terraria then and was excited after watching some YouTube reviews and beginner's guides.

That's how I found the game. It was on the play store in my recommended and I've been hooked sence then.
But in only have console and mobile so I cannot join u sadly:sigh:

I found out by watching a few youtubers play it (can't remember who, it was almost two years ago), and then deciding "I want to get this game!" And I did just as the steam summer sale started. Got it for 5 bucks. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.

I started this game when I was only 9! #hooked
[doublepost=1495978215,1495978153][/doublepost]I just started forums.

I got into Terraria via my friend. He had gotten Terraria on his xBox 360 a long time ago. I, at first, was hesitant to play it, thinking it was a Minecraft ripoff (Which I learned today that Terraria was actually developed before minecraft) But, after a few minutes of playing it, I was hooked. X3 Later on, like, a year or so, I bought the game on Steam and it felt like a whole new experience to me since the PC version had a lot that the consle didn't have. I have been playing Terraria for a few years now, having beaten the Moon Lord on normal and now attempting to do it again on expert.

Thanks for the responses! I finally beat a few bosses and still having a lot of fun with the roughly ~70 hours I've put in since I posted this (can't help it lol, it's fun and I'm not taking summer courses).

Here's a pic of the map of the castle and treehouse I made so far, but I still have a lot to do. It kind of looks small compared to the actual game; I feel like it's big lol.

https://ibb.co/ncnjOF

Last edited:
I have played since 1.2 when I saw my cousin playing it. Now over 650 hours...
I would really like to play with someone but I'm not really good at speaking in English so I haven't found anyone to play with.

Thanks for the responses! I finally beat a few bosses and still having a lot of fun with the roughly ~70 hours I've put in since I posted this (can't help it lol, it's fun and I'm not taking summer courses).

Here's a pic of the map of the castle and treehouse I made so far, but I still have a lot to do. It kind of looks small compared to the actual game; I feel like it's big lol.

https://ibb.co/ncnjOF
Your base looks pretty cool. Certanly better looking than mine. X3
I think I may start over again, but in expert mode. Or I might continue playing with the mods I've downloaded. I've aready got an expert mode world and have made it all the way up to Plantera, but after so much time away from Terraria I think I should start anew.

Hhhhhheeeeeeeeeeelllllllooooooooooooooooooooo!:confused::p:joy:

If you need any help or Terraria info start a conversation with me I'm just about like a walking, talking Terraria dictionary :p

Back
Top Bottom