Just started playing Rust on Steam

Food Barbarian

Terrarian
Re-Logic
I just started playing Rust on steam. Its kind of addictive. Sucks if you get on a server with people already established. They keep all the plans you need to be B.A. Anyone else played it yet?

No but i have seen gamplay. I must say it looks pretty interesting. I'd probably quit fast since i would always die. I need to upgrade my social skills. :/

It's pretty frustrating to be honest. Only because you can only get so far before people kill you. Its because the game has a "plans" system that is pretty aweful. Basicly you need plans to craft things and they only drop 3 ways. airdrops, radtowns, and off of people but no one really carries them around. And if you get on a server that is established. Then people have already cut you off from the plans and out power you. It really sucks. I may end up making a server just to see what rust is like when you have good stuff lol.

It would be much more fun if the multiplayer was better and everything was even. Like you have to find the mats randomly in the world. Or gather enough of something to make something good by advanced crafting. Like I would need to make a ton of low grade fuel and make better metals. So i would need to gather a lot of animal fat.

Even though it has it's downsides i'd love to try it. It's just i don't really want to waste a lot of money on something that may or may not be enjoyable for a longer duration. If i'd get the good stuff fast and make a living for myself i'd find it enjoyable but if i'd constantly die i would probably stop playing

lol. The only thing that sucks about multiplayer is that its kinda hard to find one another. There is no map in game and the maps you find online are hard to read. Its like you can really find any landmarks unless you start near them and even then its iffy lol.

Yeah i've seen people trying to find eachother. "it adds to the realism" or something i guess. But the fact that (by what you told me) you need blueprints is really just stupid. Is it for everything? If it's all for "adding realism" then it's only breaking realism. Any person is able to create basic items (irl).

you start out with really basic plans like stone axe and stone pick axe but then you cant make guns or metal tools even though by this time you have more than enough mats.

Food Barbarian and the US Butt Bandits...not sure if I should be enticed or terrified.
As for playing Rust, it really interested me, but not enough to get me to purchase it.

Other than the flaws you've pointed out, I'd be really curious to see how you'd review it!
I might someday join you on...no, I can't even bring myself to say it.

Lol. It just depends on the situation I guess. If the server is high pop it really sucks if you didnt get there first. If you are one of the first its awesome. Its not very well balanced on that end. If you have the spare money buy it. If not look for something more complete.

Back
Top Bottom