Weapons & Equip Kaboomerang

Why not just import this exploding feature onto the currently useless Flamerang?
Useless? I defeated WoF with a Flamarang. :p
It was useless after that though...

A combination of both suggestions could work well. Flamarang + some hardmode item = Kaboomarang. It can retain the fire aspect and cause a small, non-destructive explosion on contact with enemies or a block.

I love it simply because that pun made me chuckle. Wouldn't mind having this in the game, I like the idea of making it craftable with the flamarang.

Useless? I defeated WoF with a Flamarang. :p
It was useless after that though...

A combination of both suggestions could work well. Flamarang + some hardmode item = Kaboomarang. It can retain the fire aspect and cause a small, non-destructive explosion on contact with enemies or a block.
Problem is Boomerangs and Flails (at least until late hardmode and maybe a bit in early pre-hardmode) have been underpowered for quite some time, vastly overshadowed in DPS and velocity by similar ranger and spear-type weapons. If you want to go melee only they might have a niche but even then Yoyos really slammed the nail into their coffin. They need reworks and buffs badly, possibly more than any other item type except throwing.

Problem is Boomerangs and Flails (at least until late hardmode and maybe a bit in early pre-hardmode) have been underpowered for quite some time, vastly overshadowed in DPS and velocity by similar ranger and spear-type weapons. If you want to go melee only they might have a niche but even then Yoyos really slammed the nail into their coffin. They need reworks and buffs badly, possibly more than any other item type except throwing.
I think launched flails are really good honestly. Chain Knife is great early game and I love the Chain Guillotines. And then you get the Flairon and it's super fun and wrecks. They're far more mindless than yoyos, so that's a thing to think about.

Problem really is that in 1.3, Re-Logic added no melee weapons that weren't swords, yoyos or unique melee weapons (besides Chain Guillotines, Flying Knife and Solar Eruption, but they all have unique behaviors that don't apply to the others). I mean, there's the Ghastly Glaive too now but that's just a ripple. And that was because they had a corporate deal with OneDrop that basically handed the melee class over to them. And their weird obsession with swords with projectiles. Apply some of that thought to other things!

I think launched flails are really good honestly. Chain Knife is great early game and I love the Chain Guillotines. And then you get the Flairon and it's super fun and wrecks. They're far more mindless than yoyos, so that's a thing to think about.

Problem really is that in 1.3, Re-Logic added no melee weapons that weren't swords, yoyos or unique melee weapons (besides Chain Guillotines, Flying Knife and Solar Eruption, but they all have unique behaviors that don't apply to the others). I mean, there's the Ghastly Glaive too now but that's just a ripple. And that was because they had a corporate deal with OneDrop that basically handed the melee class over to them. And their weird obsession with swords with projectiles. Apply some of that thought to other things!
Those weapons aren't flails, they're a whole other subset. And don't get me started on my Flairon vendetta.

10 dynamites and some more explosives on top of that can't hit for 20 damage, come on!

They need reworks and buffs badly
Ow yes they do, agreed...

possibly more than any other item type except throwing.
... and maybe touching throwing in the process! Boomerangs are thrown! (beware of walls of texts in that thread, you've been warned)

And their weird obsession with swords with projectiles.
It's just about giving it a chance IMO, to keep it remotely on par with other classes.

And don't get me started on my Flairon vendetta
Please do, curious. Or did you have a thread/conversation about it already somewhere? Link please.

No. Boomerangs should not be a throwing weapon. Honestly if throwing is ever expanded it should be a consumable class with ways to auto-refill stacks of thrown items and special items that while in your inventory you can purchase more consumables, etc. Keep what's unique about throwing class, and keep the variety of melee class.

Also, can I just say I 100% support this idea? I want more dynamite-themed items in the game. But maybe just make it Wooden Boomerang, Dynamite and then Souls of Night. Extra explosive types aren't needed, and this has the bare bones of a good Hardmode weapon.

fire aspect
Thats Minecraft...
However I get your point.

I've had this idea for awhile now, I know it's not great but I thought I'd put it out there

Kaboomerang:

20 base damage very high knockback

Crafting: wooden boomerang + 10 dynamite + 10 grenades + 10 bombs
Seems like an amazing and potential weapon. Now all you need is stats and ((Most importantly)) the quality that makes it special from other boomerangs.

Back
Top Bottom