tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

not sure if its a bug with this or its intended (i hope it isnt intended), but if you use any spell while doing old army stuff you kill your own turrets and damage your gem. this make the monsters disapear. but the percentage completed stays at whatever it was until you kill your gem yourself and fail the event. if you dont use your spells due to scaling yuo wont get long in the event...

not sure if its a bug with this or its intended (i hope it isnt intended), but if you use any spell while doing old army stuff you kill your own turrets and damage your gem. this make the monsters disapear. but the percentage completed stays at whatever it was until you kill your gem yourself and fail the event. if you dont use your spells due to scaling yuo wont get long in the event...
I was about to comment the same. Also, for some reason I can't damage the event enemies most of the time.

I probably just suck but ive played terraria a lot on different mods ect and well its way to hard after hardmode. I have full adamantite armour and gear and im level 60 and im trying to beat at least 1 of the 3 mechanical boss's and I cant Idk what im doing wrong but i never really struggled in other games of this. And im even on normal not elite. I dont know if because i leveled a lot the boss's are harder or what but I basically cant pass them from what I can see. I have the best tier gear and armor and even though im 1k+ health they hit like 300s so 3 hits and im 1 shot able by anything as most mobs hit 50-300ish

I'm not sure if this is even balanced for normal mode. I've only ever tried it on expert, but if you're getting hit for 300s, maybe gain some more levels and put the stats in resilience. I had no trouble taking any of the bosses down using frost armor and daedelus stormbow+holy arrows. Try to get an item up to +6 or +7 (if you're lucky).

Just remember its always better to be op vs under powered imo. I rather play a game where i own everything even if its not balanced vs a game where theres no progression.

I don't agree with this. I used to always overlevel in games and destroy everything, now I prefer to stay lower level for the added challenge. Too many games are too easy these days, and that's kind of boring, so I wouldn't say it's better to be OP than challenging.

However, in this case, because we have normal and expert, it doesn't have to be one or the other - you can choose. Normal mode shouldn't be that difficult; maybe it needs to be tuned for this mod.

Hi, congrats for the great work done with this mode, i tried many features ans they are nice, but i have problems with the resolution of the interface, and i can't resolve by my own, i tried to change the resolution of the game but this does nothing, it would be good to have options to change that or instructions to do manually if this is possible.

Thx for the great job and greetings.

Ok... i just want to say...you... MIGHT want to change the vanish power to work like the Rod of discord... because i just got into the jungle temple prehardmode... no key or nothing. so i would say thats... definitely op... i mean i'm probably WAY undergeared but with a little cheesing i can get some impressive stuff in here i think...

Hello Kalciphoz, I have been loving your mod and appreciate all the time and hard work you have invested in this project. I apologize, but unfortunately I am still getting used to using modded Terraria, and have compiled a bunch of interesting mods which I have been playing with. However, I have one issue with your mod and there is some form of audio bug when I level up. The level up sound effect is loud, EXTREMELY loud. As in, bass-boosted-ears-bleeding-jump-outta-your-chair loud. The only way I can play Terraria is at 1% ambient and sound volume in game. And then on 6 Terraria system volume, with all other game sounds inaudible it still makes me jump when it plays. What would cause this, is there a way I can mute just the sound for this mod or adjust the levels? Thank you. :)

This seems to be a really cool mod, But I want to play it with friends. Is there an estimate for when the next update that fixes multiplayer, auto-trash, and magic storage comes out? Thanks in advance, I would love to play with my friends.:D

Im not sure whats causing this for me but everytime i go to open a shop from an npc it just opens my inventory ???
upload_2017-11-16_18-1-2.png

I can actually specify what glyphs cause breaks in the Old One's Army event. Purple Star(the obelisk turret)will damage your Crystal if it's shots hit it, and will override the portals the mobs spawn from, deleting it and causing severe problems if both are destroyed. The Orange Star(the eyeball summon)will not damage the crystal, but will override the portals, causing the game to be unable to leave the Event unless you exit and re-enter the game. Another issue is that, for the most part, the weapons generated by the game do not damage the enemies in this event. Guns and bows are essentially useless, and most swords do nothing. The final issue is that if the enemies reach the Crystal and start damaging it, the game will disable your attacks if your weapon touches them, meaning if 1 enemy hits the crystal, you lose the event. If I may make a guess, the reason damage is difficult to deal is due to the Debuff the game imposes on you during the event, which may be having issues when it hits your game. The final note is that if you could make it work, the enemies that spawn in the challenge still afford the glyph drops and weapon drops, meaning you can use it to get limitless money, or get powerful glyphs[this was how I got my first Purple Star Turret, as well as several Yellow Moon Thorns(which are very useful when added onto the Orange Star Eyeball with piercing shots ^*^{i personally use a piercing fireball that leeches})]with little to no risk of death since you just have to wait on the enemies to destroy the crystal, then kill them all at that spot, granting large amounts of experience and loot drops, which can be done pre-hardmode which makes it even more breakable by people who know about it.

I can actually specify what glyphs cause breaks in the Old One's Army event. Purple Star(the obelisk turret)will damage your Crystal if it's shots hit it, and will override the portals the mobs spawn from, deleting it and causing severe problems if both are destroyed. The Orange Star(the eyeball summon)will not damage the crystal, but will override the portals, causing the game to be unable to leave the Event unless you exit and re-enter the game. Another issue is that, for the most part, the weapons generated by the game do not damage the enemies in this event. Guns and bows are essentially useless, and most swords do nothing. The final issue is that if the enemies reach the Crystal and start damaging it, the game will disable your attacks if your weapon touches them, meaning if 1 enemy hits the crystal, you lose the event. If I may make a guess, the reason damage is difficult to deal is due to the Debuff the game imposes on you during the event, which may be having issues when it hits your game. The final note is that if you could make it work, the enemies that spawn in the challenge still afford the glyph drops and weapon drops, meaning you can use it to get limitless money, or get powerful glyphs[this was how I got my first Purple Star Turret, as well as several Yellow Moon Thorns(which are very useful when added onto the Orange Star Eyeball with piercing shots ^*^{i personally use a piercing fireball that leeches})]with little to no risk of death since you just have to wait on the enemies to destroy the crystal, then kill them all at that spot, granting large amounts of experience and loot drops, which can be done pre-hardmode which makes it even more breakable by people who know about it.
Now THAT's an informative bug-report, a thing all developers dream about.

I like the mod, but having autopause on seems to break a ton of stuff. Shifting items around between your inventory doesn't work and can lead to the item vanishing or being duplicated.
If you're aware of this, it would be good to tell people to turn autopause off on the main post so they can avoid losing items.
Just used a chest to sort items from inventory page 3 to page 2 and all the items were gone afterwards.

Before I get into my rant, I want to say I enjoy the mod for the most part, but it's balance is lacking as many have pointed out. Specifically in late-game.

Does anyone know which mod has the Stunned Debuff? https://prnt.sc/hbkxdz I didn't have it before installing this mod and haven't found anything on Calamity, Tremor, or Thorium for this debuff. It says it halts movement, but it does far more than just that: It makes fighting certain bosses nearly impossible because if you get hit and the boss is constantly charging at you (many of the late game Calamity bosses do this) you can't dash, fly, or run at any decent speed, you cannot attack, cannot heal, the Rod of Discord is unusable, and grappling doesn't work when this debuff is active. You are effectively dead the moment this buff hits you and an enemy sits on your face.

While it's duration never reaches even 1 second, if the enemy is sitting on top of you the debuff never goes away so you're pinned in place and just waiting to die.

The chilled debuff (from Calamity) does a similar thing, but you can still use the RoD and grapple to get away. I've also noticed that enemies will apply the chilled effect to me even if I dodge the attack, and more commonly because I put chilled on them(because of cold element damage?) with my weapon and then they touched me. Also accessories/armor that say they make you immune to the chilled debuff don't seem to work most of the time, though that might be on Calamity's end. Though maybe it's from the way your cold resistance applies?

HP problems:
The heath and damage increase for enemies to compensate for the high HP and fairly high damage this mod brings is also too much. Signus, Envoy of the Devourer from Calamity is suppose to have 400k HP in expert mode, yet he has 2.2M HP. Providence, The Profaned god has almost 1M hp when he's suppose to have 432k (I didn't find this one too problematic though) but his guardians you must beat before fighting him have ~200k, ~400k, and ~850k hp each, when they're suppose to have 47.6k, 70k, and 192k respectively (in expert mode). The guardians also suffer from the same possibility of being locked in place from the stunned debuff; however it didn't manage to kill me in my fights with them.

I remember my last run after killing Yharon in my previous modpack, Mothron had 1.5M hp which was quite the health pool, but felt doable. I can only imagine that Mothron will have something like 5M hp, making a single kill far more tedious than hard. That is assuming he won't one shot me by dealing 3000+ damage.

Tremor mod's post Moonlord robot things that drop Carbon Steel, Eye of Oblivion, Doomstones, etc, have much higher HP too, but the bigger issue is that they deal over 2000 contact damage which is enough to kill my instantly. I'm level 109 and while I haven't been putting everything into HP (I've been doing roughly an even split, favoring agility for the dodge [the only way to survive most of the time] and high crit chance) even if I did every point put into HP each point only adds like, maybe 30 hp. That is no where near enough when enemies hit for 500+ consistently.

The Lifeforce potion also does nothing.

Defense seems like it also does nothing. Even if it's 1:1 on damage reduction, when the enemies do 500-2000 damage, 150 armor is negligible.

This HP problem makes the newest iteration of Devourer of Gods super hard to kill as in the 2nd phase (after respawn) his segments can only take a certain amount of damage before getting so much armor you can only deal damage in the 20's. When he has something like 4M hp+, that's going to take ages and if you get hit by his head once and don't get saved by the dodge/avoid, you're almost certainly dead on the spot. Though that's the actual intention, as the head is suppose to be a near if not instant kill.

Crit problems:
One way to compensate for the insane HP buff on the enemies is to make it so your crit multiplier isn't applied to the base damage, but your damage after the increase from your damage multiplier. My current damage bonus is 274% and crit multiplier of 944%. However my crits only deal ~3x my usual damage because both are being calculated based on the base damage of my weapon. The crit's bonus damage should be calculated based on the 274% increased damage. While this is probably overdoing the damage, so many enemies are just bullet sponges that if the HP buff isn't nerfed, this could be a slight fix to make the game more playable.

Also do enemies have a chance to crit as well? If so what's their multiplier, 300%? It seems like some enemies will do not too much damage most of the time (Nova pillar from tremor namely) and then all of a sudden I'll be hit for 2.2k and instantly die.

Also, I have a gun that has 106% crit chance, yet I only crit ~10% of the time? My stats say I have +47% chance yet not every shot I fire is a crit, even against a dummy.

Modifier problems:
Do your modifiers override the base game's modifiers? I have gotten weapons that have Unreal on them, or any vanilla prefix for that matter, and don't even have close to the bonuses that I would expect from those prefixes. I'm using and armor prefix mod, so I would be fine if this issue was just on armor, but it seems to be on just about everything.

Attributes problems:
My main issue with the attributes is that I don't really know what they do. Your wiki page is lacking currently (it's a new mod, I understand) but without swapping accessories back and forth (on and off) to increase and decrease wits, resilience, quickness, or potency, I don't know what they actually do because there's no tool tip when I hover over them in my stats page. It doesn't help that most of the time I also have some other modifiers on the trinkets so more stats change than are associated with that attribute.

The resistances are also pretty opaque. What does having 5 cold resist do? 10? 100? It doesn't change anything for the chilled debuff I mentioned before. If it's only for enemies' elemental damage that's fine, though I can never tell when an enemy has elemental damage. There's no name change (not that it's easy to hover over an enemy long enough to read the name usually) or change to their looks that I've noticed. Though most of the times the enemies are just completely cloaked in smoke from their dodge chance. This also makes seeing what enemies are around when you have a whole bunch of them on screen (farming or using something like a war or zerg potion) next to impossible.

How does the elemental damage on weapons work? If I have a 400 damage weapon, and it says I have 100 lightning damage, do I do 500 damage? Do I do 400 and then 100 lighting over 1 second? Or do I do 300 damage + 100 lightning?

The jump bonus from agility is also a little much. I currently have an 8x on jump, but because I have wings it doesn't bother me too much, unless I want to go up only about 10 blocks instead of 25+. Early game though, the sandstorm's jump was so strong it was almost uncontrollable. The speed increase is capped at 160%, so why not cap the jump bonus at 3x or 4x? While attempting the DoG I often jumped so high that I was hitting the boss even though he wasn't on my screen when I first jumped. My monitor is 1600x900, so I can see about 25 blocks above me.

XP comments:
I don't mind the XP rates, even though one level takes quite a while past level 90 or so. But what are they based on? HP is what it seems, but I don't think it's linear, logarithmic maybe?

Anvil/upgrading comments:
Is upgrading more of a mid to late game thing? It seems unimportant early game to me. The upgrading does add a lot of damage, I'm not sure the difference from +0 to +8, but it seemed to add about 10% more damage per level.

Early and mid game it feels much simpler to just farm for another weapon, or a better version of your current one than to upgrade the one I currently have. Crowns don't appear very often, and I can easily seeing it taking 20+ crowns to get a +7/8. Do the purple crowns(won't destroy if fail) and blue crowns(allows for +8) have a higher chance to drop from certain enemies or just any enemy with a % chance? Having spent very few crowns, I have accrued 273 purple and 86 blue crowns. This means that blue crows are 3x as rare, or purple 3x as common, as the other. Is this correct?

Do weapons have different base damage values? I have a summon item that does 954 damage (and 296 lightning) at +5 (with +5% damage modifer), while the same item with +4 that I got from a drop has 1146 damage (+10% damage modifier).
Isolating for the +% damage, they do 908 and 1041 base damage. So the +4 does more raw damage, But my +5 does more actual damage because of the lightning? I don't know because I'm not sure how the elemental damage applies.

Minor issue: Buffs don't line up: http://prntscr.com/hblomf

Last edited:
was wondering this, with the new UI, it seems to cause issues with other mods that have their own UI's such as Magic Storage, and somewhat with duelwielding, just asking if something like this would be fixed in the future

I'm sorry to be 'that guy' but could you take in consideration on an idea I had.

Add Magic Find &
Add Tiers

Tier 1 - Blue ; Requires 0%+ MF
Tier 2 - Red ; Requires 200%+ MF - 100% MF on bosses
Tier 3 - Yellow ; Requires 300%+ MF - 150% MF on bosses

Tier 1 rolls an additional seeker mod (+Resistance/Experience gain/+1 of a stat/Magic Find)
Tier 2 rolls an additional malefic grade 'special mod (+Resistance/Experience gain/+1 all stats/Damage%)
Tier 3 rolls an additional glorified grade 'special' mod (+All Resistance/Experience gain/+1-3 all stats/+1% Leech)

Magic find does exactly what it sounds it does. It increases your chance of getting above average items- aswell as giving you additional rolls. (Simple MF)

This allows you to add uniques to the game.

I may be getting too into this, but it's making me want more Diablo 2-ish stuff with this mod. Adding runes and stuff would be amazingly cool. Add runewords and stuff... Jesus this mod could become god mode nostalgia...
Since all of your items are 'procedural generated' you could have white items with sockets for runewords.
Have the item + horadric cube you get after killing King Slime and be able to see all the runewords with the guide.

I Experienced a strange bug where... when i disabled the mod, did the old ones army event, and then reenabled it, It had been a couple hour, but i encountered a bug where... after doing so, and after getting the treasure bag for the dark mage from the thorium mod from the event, when i reactivated the mod and hopped on, my inventory, accessories, and armor slots were all gone and i couldn't move, WHICH... seemed to correct itself after i turned the mod off, opened the treasure bag, and then loaded the mod back up.

i think this mod breaks the old ones army because i cant hit the enemies in that event, i did not test in other event like the pumpkin moon and frost moon events. the others i can kill like pirate, goblin and frost legion.

Back
Top Bottom