tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

God damn, so essentially it hasn't even been a week since the release of your long-time in-the-making mod and you're ALREADY basically remaking it. Now that's dedication. I wish you good luck, my dude, and we'll be patiently waiting for such a wonderful mod to get reborn.
Well, a lot of it is just copy-pasting with some amount of restructuring, then bugfixing :p

But yeah, I've been pretty dedicated to working on it in the past few months. Thanks for the appreciation :)

Does anyone know if there is a way to get Magic Storage to be compatible with this mod?
Working on fixing the compatibility issues, as well as adding multiplayer support.

Does anyone know if resizing the UI is possible with a 720p monitor for this mod?
Not currently possible to lower the UI size, but 720p should be enough to avoid overlap. I will add an option for UI scaling in the future.

Not currently possible to lower the UI size, but 720p should be enough to avoid overlap. I will add an option for UI scaling in the future.[/QUOTE]

it does overlap for me though, and i can't see some things (top left of NPC text boxes, the crafting window button when a chest is open)

Not currently possible to lower the UI size, but 720p should be enough to avoid overlap. I will add an option for UI scaling in the future.

it does overlap for me though, and i can't see some things (top left of NPC text boxes, the crafting window button when a chest is open)[/QUOTE]
Is your UI scaling set higher than 100%?

The crafting thing is a bug that everybody is experiencing, regardless of resolution.

my scaling is at 100%, i have tried going into the game setting files and setting it less than 100%, but that doesn't work either.

I'm trying to play this with a friend but this mod isn't working when I try loading up a world on multiplayer. I've tested removing some mods and without this one it would run fine. Me and my friend had this same problem but it seems to work fine on singleplayer loaded worlds.

I'm trying to play this with a friend but this mod isn't working when I try loading up a world on multiplayer. I've tested removing some mods and without this one it would run fine. Me and my friend had this same problem but it seems to work fine on singleplayer loaded worlds.
Working on fixing multiplayer.

Great mod! I have been waiting for this since I heard about it on the Tmodloader discord, cant wait for multiplayer to be fully compatible!

Working on fixing the compatibility issues, as well as adding multiplayer support.

I got a 1366 by 768 monitor, and overlaps happens, especially in spell combo interface. Stuff's getting put in trash all the time.
[doublepost=1510380562,1510380486][/doublepost]
Is there a way to make it compatible with Magic Storage?
Come on guys, read the thread. Maybe @Kalciphoz should add it to FAQ in the first post.

The upgrade function is dangerous. I ended up destroying two of my two favorite weapons because I couldn't stop hihi. =(

Ladies, gentlemen, zombies and goldfish, and everybody in between,
after more than a year of on and off work, I proudly present to you:

WDyJbKO.png

Version 1.0

This mod aims to overhaul Terraria by adding RPG elements, and includes a leveling system, an item upgrade system, an elemental damage system, procedurally generated weapons, and much more. For more detailed information, see the wiki.

Features
The mod features a leveling system with XP and level display, and rewards you with stat points when leveling up. In order to compensate for gradually increasing player strength, enemies have seen a drastic power increase, especially later in the game.

To further emphasize these changes, I have added prefixes to armour and overhauled accessory prefixes to provide these new stats, including accuracy, leech, critical strike damage multiplier, evasion, and more.

YbDNAU1.png

Enemies drop weapons, many of which are procedurally generated. To compensate for the consumption of inventory space, you now have two additional pages of inventory, giving you 80 extra slots. Weapons and enemies now deal elemental damage, which has a chance to inflict elemental status ailments - powerful combat-related debuffs.

I have also added an item system to upgrade weapons. It primarily serves as an item sink, since in a modded playthrough, it is very common for the player to have more weapons than needed. The upgrade system gambles your weapon at a risk of destruction and at a cost. Rare upgrade crowns make this process less painful and protect weapons you hold dear.

Installation
The mod can be found in the Mod Browser of tModLoader. You can search for the mod or find it by its icon. Alternatively, you can download it here. Simply move it in the Mods directory at Documents/My Games/Terraria/Mod Loader/Mods

(Screenshot also contains Wulfram Blade from Calamity mod, which I heartily recommend)
YoJx5BF.png

YvpbqwM.png

4J4uXcd.png

Special thanks goes to raydeejay, Mirsario, jopojelly and bluemagic123 for helping me fix bugs during the mods development. I want to thank also Mirsario, Alena, HellPhoenix, Jofairden, NuovaPrime, Snorlaxxo, Hozlocos, Mop Guy, Randie Marsh, and Robbie for being my beta testers and for helping me stay motivated. Art and code was made by me, but I would like to credit the tModLoader dev team with making that possible in the first place.

If I have forgotten anybody from this list, I sincerely apologize. Please inform me and I will correct it asap.

Here's a video by ChippyGaming which features the mod:

Open Source
The mod is open source. The source code can be acquired by three means: Going to the github page here, or by using ModLoader to decompile it, or by using ILSpy. Any of my content may be used, but please give proper attribution (credits) and if using a larger part of my mod (such as a major mechanic), please refer people to the original. If you're unsure about anything, you may contact me through PM or in this thread.

Q: Is this mod compatible with Calamity Mod
A: Yes, and they go along together extremely well. I highly recommend playing with both enabled.

Q: Does the mod work in multiplayer
A: I’m not totally sure, to be honest, but I don’t think it is quite ready yet, unfortunately. From my testing, it seems to just barely be playable, but with some significant issues. My mod is also somewhat CPU heavy (working on optimizing it) and multiplayer typically means you’ll be running both a server and a client so it can be laggy on weaker CPUs.

Q: Is this mod compatible with Overhaul Mod
A: Using Overhaul's beta, yes, courtesy mostly of Mirsario who helped me add compatibility and made the needed changes to his own mod. It is recommended however that you disable durability in Overhaul’s settings, as the repair UI overlaps with my inventory rework.

Q: Is this mod compatible with Thorium Mod
A: I haven't tested them together, but it should be fine.

Q: Is the mod compatible with Legend of Terraria 3
A: As with Thorium, I haven't tested them together, but I think they will be compatible.

Q: Is this mod compatible with Tremor Mod
A: Yes, but Tremor Mod has very powerful enemies early game, which results in too powerful weapon drops and too much XP gain.

Q: Is this mod compatible with Spirit Mod
A: Yes, though it has the same issue as Tremor but to a much lesser extent.

Q: Will you add bosses
A: Eventually, I hope to, yes.

Q: Will you add a talent tree
A: Something like that, yes ;)

Q: I found a Crown of Permanence/Transcendence, but it is not showing up in my inventory
A: Upgrade Crowns never enter the inventory, but can be found in the Anvil GUI.

Q: What took you so long / why are you so slow at adding stuff
A: I'm working on this project mostly by myself andI have a lot of other projects going, but I’m also a bit of a noob.

Q: The additional inventory pages are impractical! Plz remov.
A: Go to your ModLoader directory “Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader” and open the file called kRPG_Settings, and set “manualInventory” to true, then restart Terraria. Might add an ingame configuration menu if there’s public demand for it.

To support the mod, just copy the following code into your signature:

Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/kalciphozs-rpg-mod.63348/][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/3zme9pO.png[/IMG][/URL]

Discord
The mod has a discord server at https://discord.gg/zcywzYR. Please be friendly and observe the rules found in the information channel.
There is also a closed discord server for testing new updates as they are being developed. PM me if you're interested in being a tester.
[doublepost=1510384494,1510384470][/doublepost]this mod is absolutely awesome

I got a 1366 by 768 monitor, and overlaps happens, especially in spell combo interface. Stuff's getting put in trash all the time.
[doublepost=1510380562,1510380486][/doublepost]
Come on guys, read the thread. Maybe @Kalciphoz should add it to FAQ in the first post.

Sorry about this. I just started playing with mods in Terraria because of this mod, so I got a little excited and did not read the previous page.
I'm pretty excited for the next update. Is there an ETA for it?

Back
Top Bottom