tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

Odd as it seems, when I was developing the mod, I was simply not familiar with the Magic Storage mod. The compatibility issues will be fixed in the next update though.
Thanks for the swift reply. I guess it can happen. Got a ballpark estimate for when the next update goes gold?

Shouldn't wits be one of the stats to increase upon leveling up?

I feel like the percentages on glyphs feel a bit arbitrary without a base value to consider, spell scaling isn't intuitive. It's clear they get stronger as you level, but it's not clear how. I also feel like glyphs should be better as you progress, but they don't seem better. They all seem to have the same balance of allocation with no variation, correct me if I'm wrong. Like cast spell directly is always 125%/100% every time I've seen it.

The mod is so good. But I tried to play multiplayer with my friend and the and the game is like 5 FPS. We have played several mods and only while this one is active i lags so does anyone know a fix or something?

I love the mod and I am just waiting for the update with the MAgic Storage compatibility.
Just one question: How are the enemies getting more powerful? , because I had a green slime hit me for 200dmg (me having 150 defense) which does not seem normal.

I love the mod and I am just waiting for the update with the MAgic Storage compatibility.
Just one question: How are the enemies getting more powerful? , because I had a green slime hit me for 200dmg (me having 150 defense) which does not seem normal.
I don't know specifics about this mod, but normally in expert mode, when you get to hardmode, basic enemies like slimes do begin scaling. I'd imagine this mod just amplifies that since it amplifies everything.

This mod is awesome but the mod does not support magic storage, do you know how to fix or not yet? because your mod has a ton of loot i dont have more space

I know Magic Storage compatibility on your end has a fix in the works for some point, but does that also apply to Auto-Trash and the current inventory buttons that got hidden as well? (Smart Stack to nearby chests is AWFUL and randomly smacking that in the middle of organizing my inventory is a NIGHTMARE lol)

EDIT: For clarity so as to not possibly spread false information

You know, I'm not entirely sure how wild this is from a modders perspective, but ignoring balance for a moment, is it just me or does it feel weird specializing entirely into quickness and basically being able to outrun your own hook? I haven't gotten to that point, and based on recent levels providing less points on my stats I'd imagine I've already reached the cap, but it'd be nice if my hooks also deployed faster.

Otherwise amazing mod. Spells, items, their modifiers. Feels a lot like a proper RPG for the fact it's not having to rely on class, race, or quests.

Just wanted to let you all know that the creator for autotrash recently came out with a fix that makes his mod work just fine with this one!
I know, it happened because I talked to him about it :p

In the process though, we found out that there's an issue wherein my mod fails to reset a certain variable when deactivated, with the result that if you disable my mod without restarting Terraria, the autotrash slot will be in the wrong location. This will also be fixed.

@Kalciphoz I found a major flaw with the spells and glyphs... i found a star with Vanish on it. which i assume its supposed to be like blink/the rod of discord? problem (or gift?) is that it allows me to teleport into walls... another thing i found odd was that the fireballs when coupled with a glyph that shoots them out allows them to pass through blocks it seems, so that makes it easy to find caves and what not, coupled with the vanish i have a set of spells that basically allows me to make a fire shield and teleport around with it, every time i teleport underground it creates light particles which pass through the ground and help me find caves and stuff, dunno if this was intended or not, seems a bit op for me to do this pre hardmode but. *shrugs* just wanted to point it out.

@Kalciphoz I found a major flaw with the spells and glyphs... i found a star with Vanish on it. which i assume its supposed to be like blink/the rod of discord? problem (or gift?) is that it allows me to teleport into walls... another thing i found odd was that the fireballs when coupled with a glyph that shoots them out allows them to pass through blocks it seems, so that makes it easy to find caves and what not, coupled with the vanish i have a set of spells that basically allows me to make a fire shield and teleport around with it, every time i teleport underground it creates light particles which pass through the ground and help me find caves and stuff, dunno if this was intended or not, seems a bit op for me to do this pre hardmode but. *shrugs* just wanted to point it out.

I figured it was a feature. I made a spell so I could teleport around and generate a 10 fireball shield.

I suppose it could be considered OP but how much does it really give you an advantage? Find some ore or chests?

I Love this mod as i like these type of leveling games so the fact you added it to terraria is awesome! Good work! I just have a question i ran into. Using the crystal hearts doesn't raise your health if its already over where it would of. So i used it up to 400 but i was already 1,000 health from levels and it didnt raise it at all but only on the starting menu it did and i cant use crystal hearts no more (since its to 400 in the game) (yet my main health was 1,000ish and never went up any from crystals. Was i supposed to use the crystals first then raise that skill or would it not of mattered? I feel like i screws up by leveling as i played instead of waiting until i got all the heart crystals. Btw you wasn't lying.. First the wall of flesh was harder (still beat it first try!) but the hardmode boss's wow.. lol.. Whats the max level? Because it seems im going to need a really high level to be able to beat the hardmode boss's. Im using calamity too lol :) I just wonder how the devour of gods will react to this mods high damage ect because without this mod if you hit to much it vanish's.

I figured it was a feature. I made a spell so I could teleport around and generate a 10 fireball shield.

I suppose it could be considered OP but how much does it really give you an advantage? Find some ore or chests?
Advantage is massive all the way through hardmode up til and including golem, but not after that. It will be nerfed by making it unable to teleport you into walls, and by having a cooldown. The lighting thing will stay the same, it is intended to be helpful in providing light for lazy people like me who don't want to be brewing shine potions all the time or wearing a mining helmet.

I Love this mod as i like these type of leveling games so the fact you added it to terraria is awesome! Good work! I just have a question i ran into. Using the crystal hearts doesn't raise your health if its already over where it would of. So i used it up to 400 but i was already 1,000 health from levels and it didnt raise it at all but only on the starting menu it did and i cant use crystal hearts no more (since its to 400 in the game) (yet my main health was 1,000ish and never went up any from crystals. Was i supposed to use the crystals first then raise that skill or would it not of mattered? I feel like i screws up by leveling as i played instead of waiting until i got all the heart crystals. Btw you wasn't lying.. First the wall of flesh was harder (still beat it first try!) but the hardmode boss's wow.. lol.. Whats the max level? Because it seems im going to need a really high level to be able to beat the hardmode boss's. Im using calamity too lol :) I just wonder how the devour of gods will react to this mods high damage ect because without this mod if you hit to much it vanish's.

Next update will nerf the strongest attacks by hardmode bosses a lot and buff the weakest a bit. It will also let your life be scaled by heart crystals and make resilience slightly stronger. Should make the hardmode bosses fit more naturally into the progression.

As for max level, there isn't one, XP requirements just keep going up exponentially (or maybe it was power growth, don't remember tbh) I've had players exceeding level 100 before, but I've yet to see anybody hitting lv 140. Still, I did some calculations and if you stay with the same world for a really long time, even 150 should be possible.

Will Wits remain unable to be directly leveled up? It seems like one of main attributes, yet may only be increased by reforging.

Yeah, I figured Wits wasn't supposed to be a main stat despite being listed below the other three. Perhaps move it to the right, at the top of the second column (with dodge chance, crit avoidance etc)?

Quick question... at what point in leveling do you stop taking fall damage? because... i've just stopped receiving fall damage... i wasn't sure if it was an item i had or not but after removing all my armor and accessories and falling from a height that should have killed me didn't. and i don't have any wings. not sure if its a feature or not.

I probably just suck but ive played terraria a lot on different mods ect and well its way to hard after hardmode. I have full adamantite armour and gear and im level 60 and im trying to beat at least 1 of the 3 mechanical boss's and I cant Idk what im doing wrong but i never really struggled in other games of this. And im even on normal not elite. I dont know if because i leveled a lot the boss's are harder or what but I basically cant pass them from what I can see. I have the best tier gear and armor and even though im 1k+ health they hit like 300s so 3 hits and im 1 shot able by anything as most mobs hit 50-300ish

Also defense is basically useless because if everythings hitting so high (crits are like 700 for me) if i have 200 def this early in game thats crazy good yet if i get hit i can still get hit 500 by crit. Its rediculous lol. Just remember its always better to be op vs under powered imo. I rather play a game where i own everything even if its not balanced vs a game where theres no progression. Its like the more i progress the more they progress by x3. Like most of these monsters that normally have 100health have like 2,000 health ect its crazy.. Everything needs to be 20xs weaker or we need to be stronger.

Few graphical bugs errors whatever.
When opening chest the chest overlaps the crafting thing on the left side so its kind of annoying getting items out around that.
Also when your trying to set up spells you need your invy opened usually to put stars moons and x's in and it overlaps the arrows and coins inventory and it bugs out a little on that.
Imo overall its a good mod and i love the idea behind it. I just think you need more help in fixing a lot of the balancing and errors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom