tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

I have found with the tier 2 Old ones army my weapons do not work. I have these mods: BlockarozArmor (just a vanity set), BossChecklist, CalamityMod, CheatSheet, ExperienceAndClasses, FinalFantasyStuff (a Chocobo mount), FKBossHealthBar (A.K.A Just Another Boss Health bar), HEROsMod, KRPG, and SpiritMod. I set this up into a mod pack called RPG World. This may be because most of my weapons have high cold damage. Maybe it could be the dodge addition, although I am unsure. If anyone knows how to fix this or what is causing it, please tell me.

EDIT: I was using a Terra Blade, Terra Bow (Thorium), Terra Scythe (Thorium), Spark Taser (Thorium), Pwnagehammer (Calamity), Eye of the Destroyer (Thorium), and the DD2 canes.

ok, premise a simple google search seems to not give any result so it seems like its not an issue in the main mod so i'm asking here.

Does anyone that plays this game with the thorium mod has an issue with inspiration notes (that should replenish your inspiration resource for firing bard weapons) ending in your inventory (wich they shouldnt i checked the wiki) instead of acting like mana or hp drops?

i'm very new with terraria modding

ok, premise a simple google search seems to not give any result so it seems like its not an issue in the main mod so i'm asking here.

Does anyone that plays this game with the thorium mod has an issue with inspiration notes (that should replenish your inspiration resource for firing bard weapons) ending in your inventory (wich they shouldnt i checked the wiki) instead of acting like mana or hp drops?

i'm very new with terraria modding

This actually is a problem with the mod because it changes the inventory. I had the same issue, and once I removed this mod, they worked as usual. This RPG mod is still very new and needs polishing so just give him time to polish out all the bugs and maybe remove it in the meantime if it bothers you enough. I'm sure he's working on a fix right now but I'm also sure the Thorium devs could have a quick patch that adds compatibility.
[doublepost=1511482051,1511482014][/doublepost]
I have found with the tier 2 Old ones army my weapons do not work. I have these mods: BlockarozArmor (just a vanity set), BossChecklist, CalamityMod, CheatSheet, ExperienceAndClasses, FinalFantasyStuff (a Chocobo mount), FKBossHealthBar (A.K.A Just Another Boss Health bar), HEROsMod, KRPG, and SpiritMod. I set this up into a mod pack called RPG World. This may be because most of my weapons have high cold damage. Maybe it could be the dodge addition, although I am unsure. If anyone knows how to fix this or what is causing it, please tell me.

EDIT: I was using a Terra Blade, Terra Bow (Thorium), Terra Scythe (Thorium), Spark Taser (Thorium), Pwnagehammer (Calamity), Eye of the Destroyer (Thorium), and the DD2 canes.

This is a known bug. On another note, why do you have two experience mods?

This actually is a problem with the mod because it changes the inventory. I had the same issue, and once I removed this mod, they worked as usual. This RPG mod is still very new and needs polishing so just give him time to polish out all the bugs and maybe remove it in the meantime if it bothers you enough. I'm sure he's working on a fix right now but I'm also sure the Thorium devs could have a quick patch that adds compatibility.
[doublepost=1511482051,1511482014][/doublepost]
ok, so should i just wait and check for updates or ask in the thorium forum?

When using this mod (tested with just this mod running as well) items will just disappear from my any of my inventories when i move them from one inventory to another or try and place them in my hotbar then swap back. Can replicate it 100% of the time, looks cool but cannot play with it as this is a very common occurrence as it happens every time I swap items back and forth.
[doublepost=1511493713,1511493220][/doublepost]To add some specifics I have reinstalled the mod and run it solo and with other mods, acts the same every time. 100% of the time I can pull something from my hotbar put it in one inventory, then swap to another and back and the item(s) are gone. Reloading does nothing, the space where the item was is blank and can hold new items, and so on. Item is completely vanished.

ok, so should i just wait and check for updates or ask in the thorium forum?

I'd say just wait. Kalciphoz is working hard on rebuilding the mod to get rid of known issues. Given how popular Thorium is I doubt you'd get a response any faster than it would take Kal to just fix the issue.

I can play with this mod just fine, it's not gamebreaking, etc. However, there is an annoying bug in which when I pick up an accessory or move one to my inventory, the modifier changes completely. For example, it said I picked up a warding compass, but it when in my inventory, it had a different modifier. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Do the different glyphs drop from any mob or are they mob-specific? If they are mob specific is there any chance on getting a list of what drops what list?

I can play with this mod just fine, it's not gamebreaking, etc. However, there is an annoying bug in which when I pick up an accessory or move one to my inventory, the modifier changes completely. For example, it said I picked up a warding compass, but it when in my inventory, it had a different modifier. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This is intentional, because in case you haven't noticed: all the modifiers are different. "Warding" doesn't exist anymore (but it does have a similar counterpart).

Do the different glyphs drop from any mob or are they mob-specific? If they are mob specific is there any chance on getting a list of what drops what list?
They seem to drop from any mob, but I'm pretty sure there's a progression-based gating system. Which is to say: the types of glyphs available seems to increase as you progress through the game. Not sure if it's based on level, on boss progression, or both.

This mod looks promising.I have to warn though, there were many attempts to create an RPG mod to Terraria, there is one that succeeded but none of them were compatible with other mods(mods that add enemies, Calamity, Thorium etc...).It is next to impossible to integrate an RPG mod that has a leveling system that adapts to new enemies, it is either you make a system based on the normal Terraria enemies or based on their "Defense/life" because these mods that expand beyond Moon Lord make planning a limited leveling next to impossible.Imagine making the level cap at 80, then, later on, you find out that there are bosses that can't be beaten at that level because the mod doesn't intend to go beyond Moon Lord.The opposite is true when you don't have a level cap, the player looks for an easy enemy to kill that gives a lot of XP (usually is one that comes from another mod that is slow and full of life or something) and then "easy win".So I understand that it's probably not going to be compatible with most mods.I have no idea how you're gonna do this but, I wish you good luck.I have a suggestion, one thing I felt missing from a few mods, I know armor sets kind of show of where you're at in the game, like when you see someone with a solar set you know he is at Monn Lord, it would be pretty cool if when you get to certain levels to see your appearance changing too, like an aura or your skin changing colour, anyway just throwing an idea around, you could make that an option to for people that prefer the normal vanity.Well, I hope everything turns out great and that you get more people to help you.

Is there a way to reduce the size of the ui? I play on a 1366 x 768 screen and the spell ui in the bottom is quite large for me. Perhaps there could be a way to toggle it on and off instead?

is this multipayer friendly
?
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled terraria as well as my tmodloader so... I'm not sure why no one else is reporting this issue, maybe something is still lingering but it's just such a weird issue for only me to have.

Currently playing with 9 mods (yours, calamity, just another boss health bar, pumpkings mod, fargos mutants, nightmares unleashed, magic storage, vein miner, and boss checklist) and the EoW will not die. i beat all the segments that come and it survives with 408 hp (only known cause of boss health bar) and i wait and wait and nothing happens. to my knowledge, only your mod edits EoW hp so wasnt sure, possibly something to look into.

Im trying to play this multiplayer with my g-f but as i start a game neither of us can use spells i can create one but it just sucks mana but nothing happens, and she cant even create one, any fixes?

This mod looks promising.I have to warn though, there were many attempts to create an RPG mod to Terraria, there is one that succeeded but none of them were compatible with other mods(mods that add enemies, Calamity, Thorium etc...).It is next to impossible to integrate an RPG mod that has a leveling system that adapts to new enemies, ...

With more than a year of development, I have had much time to think about this. The gist of it is that my procedural generation system matches the progression of enemies, meaning you will always have potent weapons, and enemy scaling follows a pattern that should roughly correspond with the added power to the player my mod brings. Thus, if mods that extend progression beyond Moon Lord stay at least at the same order of magnitude in scaling, it should all work out. Note that there is no level cap.

When are you planing to fix the current compatibility issues or how long will it take?

I am already working on it, but I have had to halt for the time being, because government bureaucrats are essentially screwing me over IRL with the result that I need to read several thousand pages within the time frame of two weeks.

Looks amazing so far. I can't wait to play this in multiplayer. A suggestion is to maybe allow players to switch the position of the hotbar and the player stats? I'm so used to the default i'm finding it hard to adjust to it 0-0

Back
Top Bottom