tModLoader Kalciphoz's RPG Mod

Anyone else having issues opening generated chests from other mods? (i.e, Thorium dungeon chests I cant open if they are naturally spawned but I can mine them, no items are looted though)

Update 1.1.0 has just been released

I appreciate these fixes and compatibility adjustments. Magic Storage in particular is great to have running alongside your mod, and WeaponOut compatibility is a very nice touch.

That said, are you aware of the Old One's Army issues? A lot of weapons simply don't damage the mobs that spawn from its portals.

so
tmodloader updated
when's that inventory expansion mod coming?
Why would you need an even larger inventory? You can use Magic Storage now.

IDK what' wrong but whenever I fight the old ones army I can' damage them with ranged or magic damage unless I am within shortsword distance and this is making it impossible
Any help?o_O:confused:;(

soo... the upgrade system can be kinda garbage... i just spent 50 crowns of permanence and 60 platinum to end up with a weapon that was only +4, after it got reset to +0 after reforging the item (-SNIP- note to self: read update log first xD)

also these situations tend to get annoying:
https://puu.sh/yCeLD/98e1483c5a.png
https://puu.sh/yCePl/fef2c43912.png

i've also regularly had items just fail upgrades and fall all the way back from +6 to +0 in one continuous streak (it honestly feels like all upgrades have a flat 50% success rate, rather than it depending on the rank of the weapon)(edit: i just spent another 12 crowns which shows this off quite well: https://puu.sh/yCO3D/bb9d828f76.png, 60+% success rate shouldn't really fail 5/8 times in my mind, currently going on ~80 crowns and i'm STILL +4, never made it beyond +6 again)(edit2: after figuring out the star necklace puts back iframes, then grinding through 1647 eyes of cthulu simultaneously without ever taking more than 100 damage, getting 41 crowns from it, and spending another 22 i've now gotten it to +8 after a further 22 hours)

old: welp... guess that first weapon upgrade in like 40 hours is going to have to wait for several more hours of grinding mobs... since i'm now out of crowns and a +4 gleaming kraken(470 damage) is still worse than a +8 gleaming yelets(506 damage) (and to be fair, the only thing with a serious chance of killing me is bosses and turtles, and i had like 400 platinum, so i don't mind TOO much, but still, this is 60 platinum + 60 crowns for effectively a bunch of reforges and a single upgrade)

as a potential improvement suggestion for the upgrading: maybe reduce the chance of failure by 1% every time an upgrade fails and is saved by a crown on that specific item (or maybe 1% of the current percentage, rounded to the nearest whole %, or maybe only for that upgrade level for that item, or maybe only if a certain item is equipped)?

beyond that though, i'm really liking the mod, as well as the changes in the recent update

as per usual with elemental damage types, i tend to prefer going full-physical due to how defense often works on each damage type individually, ignoring the presence of other damage types(does it do that here too?), plus terraria overhaul means i'm constantly lighting myself on fire if i use a fire elemental effect on enemies ;)

the set of mods i have is really pretty extremely difficult (~90 hours in i've only defeated 16 out of 125 bosses, i just beat plantera and 63% of the world has already been consumed by corruption and hallow) but that's what makes it fun for me, i can defeat 300 eyes of cthulu at once, but even the mechanical bosses are still quite difficult to beat 1v1

IDK what' wrong but whenever I fight the old ones army I can' damage them with ranged or magic damage unless I am within shortsword distance and this is making it impossible
Any help?o_O:confused:;(

are the enemies pink? (meaning they're not in a direct line of sight of the crystal/you)
do you have a trap-style setup like i did? (a pit which the enemies would walk into so they end up under the crystal)
if so, that's probably why, they become nearly invincible in that state, to the point where spells simply don't deal ANY damage anymore

Last edited:
Why is multiplayer at like 2 fps
I'd assume based on previous posts and the thread in general that it isn't 100% multiplayer compatible and you have to have a "BEEFY CPU" to quote the author in order to run it in MP properly. It probably does a lot of instruction intensive stuff behind the scenes or something

I'm sure that it's probably on your list of things to do eventually, but if it isn't, can we get actual Thorium compatibility? Since Thorium adds unique damage types, they appear to not be influenced by your mod's damage increases, which makes them the worst-in-slot against anything else by far. I know it's capable of being done since I've seen one other RPG mod with damage scaling add scaling to Thorium weapons properly (the Leveled mod)

It's a bloody shame because Thorium bard weapons are probably the most interesting weapons I've ever found in a mod, and your mod is what's reignited my desire to play Terraria after all these years, but the two just don't mesh well at the moment :(

Are you going to add multiplayer changes? I really want to play your mod with my freind, it's awesome, but playing with 5-10 fps is quite sad, lol.

sirius said:
are the enemies pink? (meaning they're not in a direct line of sight of the crystal/you)
do you have a trap-style setup like i did? (a pit which the enemies would walk into so they end up under the crystal)
if so, that's probably why, they become nearly invincible in that state, to the point where spells simply don't deal ANY damage anymore

I have the same problem, except the goblins aren't pink and walk perfectly level with the crystal. A lot of weapons don't damage them at all. Not just "0 damage" - I mean they don't register as hits, yet still stop projectiles dead in their tracks.

Anyone else getting some tremendous amounts of fps drop when opening chests? Or walking near a crafting station when you have stuff you can craft? Because my FPS goes from 60 to around 20 and starts stuttering like hell after this update.

Having issues with fps when opening inventory(any). Drops from 50 to 15..
Last version of mod and tMod.

The mod worked for a night. But then this happened;
help.PNG

Anyone know how to fix?

Back
Top Bottom