Texture Pack KATTUI - A Terraria Interface Pack by Techdude594 and Kiddles

What do you think of this UI pack?

• Total voters
@Kiddles Indeed! We shall be working on fixing all of the sprite fonts that were broken! We also have more plans for additional content (more cursors, fonts, options, etc!) We are also planning on doing collabs with future texture packs! STAY TUNED! :D

Hey guys, got another update for you guys! We FINALLY got sprite fonts to work again! Expect a hotfix soon to introduce the fonts back to KATTUI again! Also, in other news, development on 1.3 will begin soon! We don't know what we are adding yet, but expect lots of updates in the future! Stay tuned!

Just a little preview.

Attachments

• 2017-05-10 (6).png
    2017-05-10 (6).png
    886.2 KB · Views: 255
@W1n5t0N Yes, fonts are currently broken in KATTUI. However, we are working on a new, MAJOR patch that will fix many bugs, and add loads of new content! Stay tuned everyone!

Alright guys, I have an announcement to make. It's been a while since the last update. Unfortunately, Kiddles may be leaving the team. That's why I am opening up the project! If any of you guys would like to help out with KATTUI (Pending Name), then please, feel free to join! While development will slow down, I am still working on the next version, which will fix many bugs, and even add some new content! From there on out, you guys can join me in creating new themes, adding new fonts, cursors, and more! Of course, the pack will still be updated when updates for Terraria release, and what not. Anyways, thanks for reading this update! I will be creating a discord page for you guys to join soon, if you guys are interesting in joining development! Here's for the future!

I'm wondering how did you change the textures that are within folders of the 'Images' folder?
like the textures in 'UI' folder, how can you change them?

How is doing?. Will out soon the next update?. This mod is awesome...
Development is on a short break now, but the next update will be going live soon! After that, the community can pitch in to help create new features within the texture pack!
[doublepost=1499376147,1499375880][/doublepost]
I'm wondering how did you change the textures that are within folders of the 'Images' folder?
like the textures in 'UI' folder, how can you change them?
Simple, we use an xnb to png converter (just search the internet for one) to convert the .xnb files to png files, so that our next program, called paint.net can edit the original sprites to new custom ones. After that, we use another converter (png to xnb) to convert the modified sprites into files that are usable in the 'Images' and 'UI' folders. With the new texture pack feature, we can simply use the png files obtained from paint.net, and put them in a folder to use with the experimental feature.
I'm curious as to why you ask this. Would you like to help out with development, because any new members would be greatly appreciated!

Development is on a short break now, but the next update will be going live soon! After that, the community can pitch in to help create new features within the texture pack!
[doublepost=1499376147,1499375880][/doublepost]
Simple, we use an xnb to png converter (just search the internet for one) to convert the .xnb files to png files, so that our next program, called paint.net can edit the original sprites to new custom ones. After that, we use another converter (png to xnb) to convert the modified sprites into files that are usable in the 'Images' and 'UI' folders. With the new texture pack feature, we can simply use the png files obtained from paint.net, and put them in a folder to use with the experimental feature.
I'm curious as to why you ask this. Would you like to help out with development, because any new members would be greatly appreciated!

I want to help spriting and animating. I'm conceptual artist btw. And lastly, how can i use differents fonts with this versión of Terraria?. Thanks!.

I want to help spriting and animating. I'm conceptual artist btw. And lastly, how can i use differents fonts with this versión of Terraria?. Thanks!.
Good to hear man! Always great to have new members joining us! Alright, how you use fonts. I have a text document included that should help you!

Attachments

• Directions for creating sprite fonts.txt
    3 KB · Views: 338

I know that it is done like that, the thing is when i tried to make a modified texture in the UI folder, and put it in the Images folder in the Texture Pack.zip it didn't work.
It worked when i put my custom Spectre boots image in the 'Images' folder but when i tried to put my custom world seed button image in the 'Images' it didn't work.
So then i was like "hmm, the world seed button image is in another folder called 'UI' within the 'Images' folder by looking at the game files"
So I tried replicating that by opening my Texture Pack.zip, navigating into 'Images' folder, creating a folder named 'UI', put my customized world seed image in and still did nothing, so that is what i was asking from you, how can I do it?
I have a feeling that you can't do it with the experimental features as of currently, but your pack does have a lot of UI changes so, how did you make the change to 'UI' textures?

As for why I asked, I tried to make some Terraria textures and see how they turned out, did a spectre boots image, worked splendidly, tried to do a texture from UI folder, didn't work so splendidly because game didn't seem to load it in :indifferent:

Last edited:
@TheVenomMan Hmm, that is a peculiar problem you seem to be having. Make sure that the file endings (whether they be .png, or .xnb) are matching with the other files in the folder that you will be placing your custom sprite in. For example, if you have your custom seed button sprite labeled as a .png, go ahead and convert that to an .xnb file, and then, just place it in the UI folder, should be a simple fix. Also, make sure you unzip your texture pack.zip folder before using the files within, that may be the source of the problem. I think the experimental features are a bit finicky right now, so I'd steer clear of them, at least until they are officially implemented. Alternatively, put your texture pack. zip folder in the documents/my games/Terraria folder, that may help! If you have any more questions, please ask!

Make sure that the file endings (whether they be .png, or .xnb) are matching with the other files in the folder that you will be placing your custom sprite in.

Yep, all of my images in the Texture Pack are .png

Alternatively, put your texture pack. zip folder in the documents/my games/Terraria folder, that may help!

Yeah, that's where it's supposed to be, otherwise none of the textures would load in :)

Also, make sure you unzip your texture pack.zip folder before using the files within, that may be the source of the problem.

Well it's supposed to be a zip file otherwise the Texture Pack wont work. Unless you mean the opening of it? Well I have my zip program set to default so it reveals the contents inside when I double click, that shouldn't cause the problem however as I've never had problems with zip files and with that double click opening.

I think the experimental features are a bit finicky right now, so I'd steer clear of them, at least until they are officially implemented.

This is indeed what I assume too. I guess the UI textures are gonna be for another time then :indifferent:

For example, if you have your custom seed button sprite labeled as a .png, go ahead and convert that to an .xnb file, and then, just place it in the UI folder, should be a simple fix.

That could work, did you make your UI textures .xnb?
Sadly I don't have an XNB compiler though -_-

I'm pretty sure the problem is one of the last 2 quotes, either I need to make them .xnb for now or it isn't simply implemented fully with the folder images.

@TheVenomMan Oh, I was talking about unzipping the contents of the zip package to convert the pngs inside into xnb files, and then just use the manual method of replacing the pre-existing xnb files. Try that, and see if it works! Also, even if the experimental features aren't working, you should still be able to edit 'UI' folder files using the manual method of converting .png files to .xnb files, and placing them in the appropriate folders, replacing the appropriate files. I used .xnb for all of the files in my pack originally, not sure if the experimental feature works right now, so I'm using the old method, which still works. Also, here's a png to xnb converter that you can use! It's very simple to use! https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/yet-another-png-to-xnb-converter.39420/
If you need a converter for the other way around, here is an xnb to png converter!
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-terraria-texture-xnb-to-png-converter.21822/

Back
Top Bottom