Texture Pack KATTUI - A Terraria Interface Pack by Techdude594 and Kiddles

What do you think of this UI pack?

• Total voters
Oh, I was talking about unzipping the contents of the zip package to convert the pngs inside into xnb files, and then just use the manual method of replacing the pre-existing xnb files. Try that, and see if it works! Also, even if the experimental features aren't working, you should still be able to edit 'UI' folder files using the manual method of converting .png files to .xnb files, and placing them in the appropriate folders, replacing the appropriate files.

Also, here's a png to xnb converter that you can use! It's very simple to use! https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/yet-another-png-to-xnb-converter.39420/

Yes! it did work now. Thanks for providing me with that so simple png to xnb converter :D

I used .xnb for all of the files in my pack originally, not sure if the experimental feature works right now, so I'm using the old method, which still works.

Alright, so this confirms it. They aren't implemented with the folder images.
Atleast most of the 9572 images are in the big images folder so worrying about those is if you really want the UI to look different, which I kinda do thinking about it now, I'm gonna use your pack now and see if I like it :)

Last edited:
Alright guys, time for another update. I am almost done with a minor bug fix patch. This will clean up certain sprites, fix all of the fonts (make them compatible with 1.3.5), and fix some graphical errors with some of the textures. Additionally, I will be revamping the home page of this thread soon, and create a community discord, which anybody can join! The discord will be the hub for all future update plans, as I will let the community help develop the pack from now on, since Kiddles is no longer a developer, sadly. Also, as a bonus, I am adding many new fonts to the pack, just to give you guys something nice for waiting so long! Stay tuned for the future!

Here's a look at one of the new fonts (Zelda fans will recognize this)
20170711164352_1.jpg

Alright guys, time for another update. I am almost done with a minor bug fix patch. This will clean up certain sprites, fix all of the fonts (make them compatible with 1.3.5), and fix some graphical errors with some of the textures. Additionally, I will be revamping the home page of this thread soon, and create a community discord, which anybody can join! The discord will be the hub for all future update plans, as I will let the community help develop the pack from now on, since Kiddles is no longer a developer, sadly. Also, as a bonus, I am adding many new fonts to the pack, just to give you guys something nice for waiting so long! Stay tuned for the future!

Here's a look at one of the new fonts (Zelda fans will recognize this) View attachment 175863

Can you share the font files only?... I can't wait for this update, but changing fonts will be cool right now till the coming update. Thanks a lot for your awesome work!.

Can you share the font files only?... I can't wait for this update, but changing fonts will be cool right now till the coming update. Thanks a lot for your awesome work!.
The font files aren't done yet, but certainly! I will work on them first, and release them when they are finished!

Hey guys, I have another update for you guys. Ever since Kiddles left the project, I have decided to completely change the course of this project. What does this mean? I am completely rebranding the texture pack, it will now be called TTE (Techdude's Terraria Enhancements). This will come with a new discord to work on future updates, a new thread (this thread will be locked when TTE goes live), and a new development team, led by the community! Basically, KATTUI isn't going anywhere, it is just being rebranded, and being moved to a new thread. Version 1.3 of KATTUI will be version 1.0 of TTE. I just feel like this thread is a bit out-dated, and I feel that it is time to give the project a more modern feel! In terms of progress for the new version, I am almost done. I am currently uploading the drop-box, and setting up the discord server. Stay tuned!

That's good yet also sad at the same time.
Good on the fact your not going to give up on this, and yet sad that Kiddles left.
I hope the new path would be better than what it is at current.
Never give up, never loss the dream.

That's good yet also sad at the same time.
Good on the fact your not going to give up on this, and yet sad that Kiddles left.
I hope the new path would be better than what it is at current.
Never give up, never loss the dream.
Thank you for the support, the project isn't going anywhere! I am just rebranding the pack, I'm trying to make KATTUI more modern, and this is the first step!

I will give you guys some time to migrate over to the new thread before I lock this old one, great things are to come in the future!

Better late than never I guess. There are a few reasons why I left the project.

1. Burned out, for the most part. Doing this stuff takes work and dedication, and I like to work at my own pace. When you try making things scheduled, it starts to feel more like work than it does a fun project. Sadly, Techdude and I kept bouncing back and forth on "this week" or "this weekend" that for me, it went from "this is a fun project" to "I'm being controlled by time".

2. Lack of community interest. Interface mods just don't seem like they get a lot of demand in comparison to content, which is what a large chunk of the modding scene is about. Between that and being burned out, I just didn't feel like there was much of a "need" to continue the work.

3. The reason I still don't do it - school and work. Life takes time, and I know that people usually understand this. I'm just letting you know that I'm doing both now. Before, I was working a full time job, and I had other side projects and stuff that I wanted to do on my free time over the weekend, which always felt short. Now, it's full grind.

Does this mean I will never do another project? Maybe. If ever I do start up a new one though, I'll be sure to submit it.

Back
Top Bottom