Keeping the power on?

Nali D

Terrarian
Hello, I've got a question. Is it possible to keep the power on after you leave a world? For instance, I have a timer hooked up to some fireworks I've got. Every time I load into the world, I have to click that timer so they function. Is it possible to just have the timer function without me having to consciously do anything? I've tried hooking it up to a regular power switch and that doesn't seem to work either. Even if the answer is a simple no, I'd appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

Wild shot in the dark here but if you are waiting til night or a specific time after 7:30 pm you could use a Nighttime sensor. Alternatively if it's based on something past 4:30 am you could use a Daylight Sensor.

Would require some mildly complex wiring but if it were set to go off at a particular time I would go with sensors.

I don't know anything about those tbh, how would I go about setting them up? And say for instance, if I just log in, and it's daytime and the daytime sensor activates the timer. If I have a nighttime sensor, or it rolls back around to daylight, would it then deactivate the timer? Or how does that work? I'm a complete novice with wiring stuff.

It's a little too complicated for me to explain with words. Head over here assuming that they are still active. You might find some useful guides there even if the place is abandoned.

You could also read up on some wiring articles in the wiki page.

Nighttime Sensor = Only on during the night. Turns off during the day.
Daylight Sensor = Only on during the day. Turns off at night.

Of course just flipping a switch on might not be what you what. If it triggers an event that event will continuously run throughout that time., if set to repeat using a timer. But if you want just a one time occurrence, you will prolly have to make use of logic gates.

No, having both a daylight and nighttime sensor would be awesome so it's constantly running, that's honestly the goal. Thanks a lot, I'll look into the group. Hopefully it's not something way out of my league to understand.

Back
Top Bottom