PC Keyboard in Terraria!

Haku

Skeletron Prime
I made this keyboard a while ago, but it only had 3-4 character slots. I decided to come back to and improve it; now it is tile-able, and can have as many character slots as you like!
Each slot can have any letter from A-Z, or it can be blank. It might not be the most efficient machine, but it is very quick and works perfectly. If you want to see specific parts / specific wire colours just ask and I can take a few screenshots for you.
Keyboard.PNG
Capture_2019-03-24_12_32_41-1.png

This looks interesting. I also have a half-way finished text display, but it works completely differently. :)
I'd love to play around with this a bit, could you post a world download?

Here it is, I used world edit to paste it into a fresh world for you but for some reason it broke, so this is the world with the old version in as well. :happy:

Attachments

• Keyboard.wld
    669 KB · Views: 106
Even just the wire color wrangling in this is pretty impressive. And the way you mapped out the letters with those 15 segments is neat too. I also really like those little modules for activating segments, with the same wire for reset and slot select. That is pretty dang smart. :)

I did come across some issues while I was messing with it, where some slots remained active after reset. I am guessing that's probably because I hit reset before the spear traps at the top were ready.

On that topic though, modifying this thing to run "solid state" without any traps is actually not too difficult.
fI3TYnj.png
With these changes it runs instantly, and without any trap cool-down issues.

Thank you! I always seem to end up using traps because it gets rid of smoke completely, but using more logic gates makes way more sense. I just don't know how many to use most of the time.
Edit: I finished adding your fixes and it's amazing now, instant!:D I decided to keep the erasing dart trap at the top though because I like the effect it makes when erasing the slots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom