tModLoader Khaelis' Potion Expansion Mod!

Would you like me to add a spoiler list listing all items added in this mod?

• Yes, please! I wish to be spoiled!

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • NO! I want to discover it all on my own!

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
extremely situational and almost never worth the investment, I say. The only 2 that would be worth anything is poison for Queen Bee/Plantera and cursed flame for Twins. Maaaaybe a fire resistant potion would be handy while in the underworld, but all others would never see any use because it's hard to know WHEN you're going to get hit with any debuff just out in the wild, and even if you do get hit, they generally don't mean anything major. It's only the DoTs during boss fights that make a big impact, and it's not so much that you are taking damage as it is your life regen has halted. Electrified (martian invasion) debuff is another of the very few problematic ones.

All in all, the debuff immunity potions would be pretty useless except is specific circumstances where they would be the best thing ever. It's one extreme or the other. Take that as you will.

This is what I was thinking as well. But when it comes to Potions, there's not a whole lot you can do without going overboard.

Khaelis' Potion Expansion Mod - Version 1.0.2 is released!

The following two potions were added:

KhaelisManaforcePotion.png

Manaforce Potion:
- Increases max mana by 10%.
*Great for you wizards!

NOTE: Maximum mana will not surpass 400!

KhaelisSuperManaforcePotion.png

Super Manaforce Potion:
- Increases max mana by 20%.
*Really great for you wizards!

NOTE: Maximum mana will not surpass 400!

Last edited:
Mod has been updated to Version 1.0.3.

- Artillery Potion and Super Artillery Potion have received a slight buff (10% to 15% and 20% to 25% respectively).

extremely situational and almost never worth the investment, I say. The only 2 that would be worth anything is poison for Queen Bee/Plantera and cursed flame for Twins. Maaaaybe a fire resistant potion would be handy while in the underworld, but all others would never see any use because it's hard to know WHEN you're going to get hit with any debuff just out in the wild, and even if you do get hit, they generally don't mean anything major. It's only the DoTs during boss fights that make a big impact, and it's not so much that you are taking damage as it is your life regen has halted. Electrified (martian invasion) debuff is another of the very few problematic ones.

All in all, the debuff immunity potions would be pretty useless except is specific circumstances where they would be the best thing ever. It's one extreme or the other. Take that as you will.

I don't know about you, but pretty much any time I'm caving, I'd give up my entire haul of coins for Feral Bite immunity. At the least, I think that a general debuff resistance (with a "super" version that grants immunity?) would be fantastic.

I was messing around with some brainstorming and I coded in a new potion called a "Berserker Potion."

Reduces Defense by 25, but damage and melee attack speed is increased by 25%. I may have went a little overboard.

Will most likely not add this into the mod.

The mod has been updated to Version 1.0.4! You may redownload it via the mod browser.

Changelog:
- Many* recipes were reworked to be a little more daunting to craft.
*Basically means everything if it has "Super" in its name. I felt that recipes for all of the Super potions were inconsistent.

The mod has been updated to Version 1.0.5!

Updated some sprites so that they fit into the game a little better and renamed some items to be a bit more clean.

Now that my mod has been out for a week (well, almost a week), I feel that now's a good time to ask some questions to those who have given this mod a try:

- What do you think of the mod? Have you been enjoying what it adds?
- Do you feel something should be buffed or nerfed? Do you feel a recipe is too unforgiving or too easy to craft for what it provides?
- What would YOU like to see added? Do note, it must be a Potion or possibly something related to them.

I'm open to criticism!

EDIT:

Mod has been updated to Version 1.0.6:

- Changed two recipes, being Super Ironskin Potion and Super Regeneration Potion.

Last edited:
What would I like to see? Well, I had an idea the other day for "energized" health and mana potions that would fall somewhere in-between the normal tiers, but give an added buff on top of healing you. Aside from that, there's a few possibilities.

• The Shadow Potion (which adds a dodge chance) from this suggestion thread.
  • A potion that lets you cling to walls without ninja tools. [Spider Climb Potion]
  • A potion that greatly increases jump height (and maybe negates fall damage). [Dragoon Potion]
  • A potion that flings back enemies when they hit you. [Repulsion Potion]
  • Finally, if individual anti-debuff potions aren't going to be a thing, a potion that clears and grants protection from all/most debuffs, but only for (at rough estimate) 10, maybe 20, seconds or so - enough to be useful for clearing effects when they happen and offering protection in areas where they're likely to come up, but not long enough to completely replace the various protective accessories. [Panacea Potion]

What would I like to see? Well, I had an idea the other day for "energized" health and mana potions that would fall somewhere in-between the normal tiers, but give an added buff on top of healing you. Aside from that, there's a few possibilities.

• The Shadow Potion (which adds a dodge chance) from this suggestion thread.
  • A potion that lets you cling to walls without ninja tools. [Spider Climb Potion]
  • A potion that greatly increases jump height (and maybe negates fall damage). [Dragoon Potion]
  • A potion that flings back enemies when they hit you. [Repulsion Potion]
  • Finally, if individual anti-debuff potions aren't going to be a thing, a potion that clears and grants protection from all/most debuffs, but only for (at rough estimate) 10, maybe 20, seconds or so - enough to be useful for clearing effects when they happen and offering protection in areas where they're likely to come up, but not long enough to completely replace the various protective accessories. [Panacea Potion]

I can see what I can do.

I like the mod, but honestly? I haven't used much from it. I'm at the point now where I can start making supers, but I'm stingy as hell and already know ahead of time I can win WITHOUT them, so I feel no particular drive to go and GET them.

I like the fact that they are there, though. I'm just often too lazy to farm herbs, so I haven't ended up using many of them. Maybe next run I'll turn on Zokcula's tohard mod so that I have more of an inclination to stack odds in my favor, and make a proper greenhouse.

In THEORY though, the mod is well done. Nothing's OP, everything feels like it belongs visually and mechanically. Feels odd for me to approve of a mod that has insofar added NOTHING to my experience, but I'm digging the theory a lot.

I like the mod, but honestly? I haven't used much from it. I'm at the point now where I can start making supers, but I'm stingy as hell and already know ahead of time I can win WITHOUT them, so I feel no particular drive to go and GET them.

I like the fact that they are there, though. I'm just often too lazy to farm herbs, so I haven't ended up using many of them. Maybe next run I'll turn on Zokcula's tohard mod so that I have more of an inclination to stack odds in my favor, and make a proper greenhouse.

In THEORY though, the mod is well done. Nothing's OP, everything feels like it belongs visually and mechanically. Feels odd for me to approve of a mod that has insofar added NOTHING to my experience, but I'm digging the theory a lot.

Yeah, I feel you. There isn't a NEED for Super Potions, but I added them there as an option. Kinda like 'bonus' content. It's there for those who can make use of it.

I have considered lowering the amount of herbs needed to create an Extract to 5, down from 8. Maybe not with all of them, but with the harder to grow herbs like Deathweed, since you have to craft the initial potion to upgrade it in the first place.

On a serious note, I never planned for this mod to add super-amazing content from the start, either. This whole mod basically started off as a suggestion I made to 'fill in the gaps' of Terraria's potions (the non super potions in the mod), such as a Sniper Potion for guns, etc. But with the help (well, a lot of help) I got into modding and started to learn C#.

In the future I do plan on creating additional mods. Ones that add a lot more content, hopefully.

Version 1.1.0 is released! The following Potions were added:

-
KhaelisClimberPotion.png
Climber's Potion: allows the ability to climb wall. Essentially works the same as Tiger Climbing Gear.
-
KhaelisDragoonPotion.png
Dragoon Potion: Increases jump height (a little weaker than a Shiny Red Balloon).
-
KhaelisPanaceaPotion.png
Panacea Potion: Removes most debuffs and grants immunity to most debuffs for 60 seconds.
*Poison, Bleeding, Venom, Darkness (Blinded), Silenced, Cursed, Confused, Slowness and Stoned are the only effected Debuffs.

Note: the Panacea Potion works strangely. you may notice debuffs appear for a split second, then disappear. The effects of the Debuff shouldn't be applied.

The following recipes have been changed:
- Daybloom Extract: now only requires 5 Daybloom, down from 8.
- Blinkroot Extract: now only requires 5 Blinkroot, down from 8.
- Waterleaf Extract: now only requires 5 Waterleaf, down from 8.
- Shiverthorn Extract: now only requires 5 Shiverthorn, down from 8.
- Moonglow Extract: now only requires 5 Moonglow, down from 8.
- Deathweed Extract: now only requires 5 Deathweed, down from 8.
- Fireblossom Extract: now only requires 5 Fireblossom, down from 8.

Last edited:
Bit of a suggestion on the panacea potion. If it exists, it may as well be useful. The debuffs a player would actually want to be rid of NOW instead of just waiting it out (such as slowness, slowness is a nuisance more than anything) is Poison, On Fire, Cursed Flames, and Electified. Silenced too, for mages.

Basically, what I'm saying is the major killers in Expert Mode are DoT's that you suffer during major battles. DoT's not only damage you, but stop you from regenning as well, meaning they cost a player MUCH more health than they do in raw damage if that makes sense. Poison is already covered, but you may as well go the extra mile and make it a good Twins/Martians prep, too, not to mention handy in the underworld. Feral Bite might also be worth adding, even though that's one of the ones that are just "annoying" rather than "life ending."

I just realized that I've had this from the MOD BROWSER (totally didn't say workshop and edit it), even USED some of the potions, and never realized! So I came on here to say thanks for the mod and continue doing what you're doing!

Back
Top Bottom