Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
these are some really wonderful builds, I enjoy the pontoon a lot and will be porting that into my world, maybe even looking at it thoroughly to produce similar launches or other small craft of its styling.
having trouble reproducing your barrels though.

It always makes me glad to know that people are enjoying one (or more) of my builds ^.^ I'd love to see your additions to the pontoon, should you decide to add similarly styled builds!

Having finally taken the time to look through EVERY ONE of your many amazing builds, the question came to mind: how do you plan for your builds?
I have always had a difficult time following a plan and was wondering if you had any advice.
Thanks in advance!

Haha, I'm happy you enjoyed the builds! ^.^

I'm afraid I won't be able to offer too much in the way of help, but I'll certainly try. I usually start with a rough idea of what I'd like. Using that rough idea, I grab a ton of materials (always more material types than I end up needing). If I think I can remotely use a material for the build I'm envisioning, I'll put it in my inventory. Next, if I need inspiration or reference, I search google for images. Not of builds, per se, I usually search real life photos of buildings, terrains, or plants.

Some players draw out their build plans, and plan out every detail. When it works for people, great, but I cannot do that myself. I've found that even when I plan too much in advance, every time I start building, I get new ideas on the fly. Inevitably, the entire build drifts away from my original vision, and becomes something new, so I've found it best (for me) to just skip any major planning processes, and just jump into building.

So yeah, I just grab way more materials than I need (usually I fill inventory, piggy bank, and safe), and I just build off a general idea in my head. Sorry that doesn't really help you much in terms of advice, though D:

Happy building ^.^

Howdy Terrarians!

I've been steadily continuing the Sivania region updates in STW. Some of it, I'm not ready to share (yet), but this one, I am! Going off the theme of the last build, enjoy some more ruins. It's not an obsession, I swear, they're just prominent in the updated areas ^.^

You could post another dozen pics of ruins and I'd love them all!

working on a teleportation room
20170520063207_1.jpg

Currently using black paint on the teleporter, need to pick up the various others for the roof and barrels.

Actually this was very helpful! I often get lost in the planning process, and am further discourage to build. Knowing that a master such as yourself makes up details on the spot is very reassuring, and I can tell it works. Also, I never thought about using my safe/piggy bank to fill with even remotely useful blocks! Thanks again!

Actually this was very helpful! I often get lost in the planning process, and am further discourage to build. Knowing that a master such as yourself makes up details on the spot is very reassuring, and I can tell it works. Also, I never thought about using my safe/piggy bank to fill with even remotely useful blocks! Thanks again!
Dunno about master, but thanks >.< haha.
Also, speaking of piggy bank and safe, I'll tell you how I store them for max use of portable inventory space. I always keep a money trough in my inventory (if you don't have one, then a piggy bank will work). Inside of my piggy bank, there is always a safe. I keep the least used materials, or materials used latest in my builds (such as furniture, lighting, plants, and other decor) in the safe, so I won't need to withdraw from if too often. Using this, if I need something from the safe, all I need to do is summon my piggy bank, withdraw my safe, place it, and I've got access. When the safe is not needed, it's still stored in the piggy bank, so it isn't taking up space in my main inventory.

Hey Khaios, I wanted to thank you for sharing your builds here. You're truly an amazing builder.

Admittedly I was having the hardest time coming up with believable trees for my world, and since I'm in the middle of building a crystal forest, that was a problem. I noticed a number of your builds had a good collection of trees though, so I took some inspiration from you in this instance. Behold, a crystalline version of one of your treehouses. xD

WNBaW4y.png

Hey Khaios, I wanted to thank you for sharing your builds here. You're truly an amazing builder.

Admittedly I was having the hardest time coming up with believable trees for my world, and since I'm in the middle of building a crystal forest, that was a problem. I noticed a number of your builds had a good collection of trees though, so I took some inspiration from you in this instance. Behold, a crystalline version of one of your treehouses. xD

WNBaW4y.png
Sparkly ^.^ haha.

Crap, never thought about this and always have safe and piggy takes 2 slots in inventory. Thanks for the idea.

What are you planning to build next?
Happy to help ^.^

Dunno if you've ever played Super Terraria World, but while the coding team works on porting the mod to 1.3.5, I'm revamping most of the Sivania region. The bridge and those ruins are a part of that. I've added a mountain, and I'm currently in the process of detailing it. One of the biggest problems with the world design in the current build is a lack of exploration options. Another major issue is a lack of fishing locations. The mountain is going to help to solve both of those issues.

The desert is also going to get similar additions.

The next major project after the new mountain, though, is the mine below Ayeswell. The old one is repetitive, boring, and confusing (since I made the background doors kind of like a maze). For that reason, I've completely deleted the mine, and I'm going to restart it from scratch.

Long story short, I'm going to be spending the next few weeks completely changing that region, haha.
Since you're curious, have a screenshot :p

Eastern Mine Outpost.png

Man...you've got the art of detail down to a T. That combination of blocks and walls used the right way, it's practically a science, and what makes even a simple mining outpost into something awesome to look at. I need to add one of those to my world now. xD
Unfortunately, since the wall blend is done with "unobtainable" walls, it can only be done in TEdit. That might change with 1.4, since we're getting creative mode, which might allow for placement of unobtainables, but who knows. For now, though, TEdit is the only means I know of doing this, outside of mods.

Unfortunately, since the wall blend is done with "unobtainable" walls, it can only be done in TEdit. That might change with 1.4, since we're getting creative mode, which might allow for placement of unobtainables, but who knows. For now, though, TEdit is the only means I know of doing this, outside of mods.

No shame in TEdit. I use that for a lot of my building.

But yep, the mix of different wood and stone blocks and walls and the way you put them together is just plain cool. That's the sort of thing I'm trying to master.

Sorry I meant as in to download it as a regular world without the mod 'adventure mode' part. I have played it though and it's quite excellent!
Don't think you can. Vanilla Terraria doesn't have STW's tile set or something.

There used to be sandbox mode or something so you can mess around though, idk where that went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom