Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I meant as in to download it as a regular world without the mod 'adventure mode' part. I have played it though and it's quite excellent!

Glad you liked what we have out on the mod so far, but Mihn is correct. We do not plan to release the world saves for download, as they are designed and intended for STW ;)

Don't think you can. Vanilla Terraria doesn't have STW's tile set or something.

There used to be sandbox mode or something so you can mess around though, idk where that went.

Sandbox mode was a bit buggy at best, but furthermore it was more of a "vanilla plus" versioni of STW. You'd get vanilla worlds with STW skills, so these worlds wouldn't be accessible through sandbox mode either. The main reason we decided to axe sandbox mode, however, is because we're adding personal build worlds in STW accessed via portals throughout the mod.

This poor tavern has seen better days D: (STW)
Dwarven Tavern Ruins.png

Whoa! Still working on that spaceship adventure map? Because I would love to see that.
I have a large list of builds I have to get done for Super Terraria World by the start of the month, but once that's done, I will have less to do while they work on porting that region to multiplayer. So, probably in about a month I will start working on the adventure map again, though STW does have a higher priority, so if I need to work on the mod, the adventure map will get paused again.

Eventually, it will get finished ^.^

My fellow Terrarians; It is with a deep sadness that I inform you all that a STW co-developer, and close friend, Jestex has passed away earlier this week. At the young age of 19, depression won out in his heart, and he took his own life. His family wishes for us to help spread awareness of suicide prevention. If anyone you know may be struggling with depression, please take a moment to talk to them, and let them know that they are not alone. If you are struggling with it yourself, I urge you to reach out to friends or loved ones, and to the many resources around the world to help you.

In honor of Jestex, and his contribution to the Super Terraria World mod, as well as TCF and the Terraria community, I have built this memorial to him. The stone reads "In Loving Memory of our Dear Friend Jesse (Jestex)." The build will forever remain in STW, as a way for us to thank him for the time we had together.

If you wish to pay your respects to our dear friend, please visit https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/heavy-hearts-the-passing-of-jestex.58854/.

Jestex Memorial.png

Last edited:
My fellow Terrarians; It is with a deep sadness that I inform you all that a STW co-developer, and close friend, Jestex has passed away earlier this week. At the young age of 19, depression won out in his heart, and he took his own life. His family wishes for us to help spread awareness of suicide prevention. If anyone you know may be struggling with depression, please take a moment to talk to them, and let them know that they are not alone. If you are struggling with it yourself, I urge you to reach out to friends or loved ones, and to the many resources around the world to help you.

In honor of Jestex, and his contribution to the Super Terraria World mod, as well as TCF and the Terraria community, I have built this memorial to him. The stone reads "In Loving Memory of our Dear Friend Jesse (Jestex)." The build will forever remain in STW, as a way for us to thank him for the time we had together.

If you wish to pay your respects to our dear friend, please visit https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/heavy-hearts-the-passing-of-jestex.58854/.

How awful. My condolences.

Hey Terrarians!

Developing the adventure map is back in full swing, after a short break (my wife had just returned from a month back in the US, so we spent her extra time off together). I'm getting to the part where I am going to be planning the next major segment of the map: portal guns! I posted a poll on twitter to see how many chambers people would like to see, so if you'd like to weigh in on that, you can here: https://twitter.com/terrariankhaios/status/893962972900478976

I'll have more screenshot teasers for the map soon. It's pretty hard to choose what to show, as I don't want to spoil any of the really interesting parts, but I don't want to show anything too dull either. As for an estimated release, it's going to be difficult to predict. I just learned my wife will be leaving again for work related stuff three more times this year, one of which is in a month. My goal is to have the map finished and released in 1-2 months, though it may get pushed back as we get ready for my wife's departure.

More to follow ^.^ Have a good one!

Oh huh.

Wasn't aware you could draw over a chimney furniture piece and still have it make the particles. Will need to go fiddle with that later. I usually don't like to do stuff in TEdit you can't do in-game.
Yup, this is actually recent experimentation for me, as well. This map is the first time I'm experimenting with drawing over tiles. I used to feel the way you feel about using TEdit, but I find that the more I build, the more I want to actually accomplish what I have envisioned. Of course, I do try my best to come up with a way to accomplish it in-game, but if it isn't possible, I'm finding myself more and more okay with using the powers of TEdit. There are times where I won't do it, though; play-throughs, co-op projects, fufilling build requests (unless they request something that can only be done in TEdit), etc. I think for now, though, I'll just use TEdit magic for fancy projects like the one I'm working on.

Oh, and as far as the smoke particles and chimney, the upper left hand corner is the tile that produces the particles. It makes no sense to me, but that's the way it works. It's also quite perfect, as there isn't any spriting in that tile, so you can have a smoke generator that's completely invisible! Though the upper left corner produces the smoke particles, it produces them to the right and down one tile (lower right corner), so bare that in mind if you're drawing around the chimney. Just something I learned through my experimentation; place a chimney in-game and use wire to get it to produce smoke particles first. Then use TEdit to either draw around, or just copy/paste the upper left corner. If you use wire to activate/deactivate a chimney that you've used this technique on, it will do very bizarre things to any block or furniture within the 3x3 grid that the chimney would normally be found in. So, it acts like it's trying to change the animation of the entire 3x3 chimney when you use a wire on it, which does strange things to any non-chimney tile within that grid.

Have fun! ^.^ Happy building

Hello Terrarians ^.^

I made a few gibbets (hanging cages) for the medieval project I've been working on. The clothier managed to get himself locked up again! While I don't require them to be valid houses for this project, I wanted to see if I could make a decent looking gibbet that is valid, without making it look bulky or off. You can check out the project gibbet, as well as the valid house version (no TEdit necessary!) in the spoiler below ^.^

Clothier Gibbet.png

NPC Gibbet.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom