Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, yeah. I do all the building for STW. Actually, I built the mine first, then decided to use it in STW, because I was so happy with how it was turning out.

Those blocks/walls are stone slab. You can craft them at a heavy workbench with stone.
I meant the walls covering up the teleporter
BTW i love your builds!

I meant the walls covering up the teleporter
BTW i love your builds!
Oh, sorry, I misread your comment. That's still just stone slab, but they have been painted with shadow paint. The teleporter and platforms were painted with shadow as well.

And, I'm glad you enjoy the builds ^.^

The adventure map is still getting steady progress! The portal section is taking a lot longer than I expected, because I don't want the area to be too easy or too difficult, so there's a lot of planning, trial, and error. So, instead of getting the map out by the end of this month, it might take another month or so. We'll see. For now, here's one of the chambers I've completed. A little chaotic, but still fun (imo). ^.^

Portal Chamber Again.png

I'm going to be pushing back my estimated release time for my adventure map. After receiving feedback from my testers, I've decided the portal section of my adventure map is far too easy. The problem is that I gave rocket boots early in the map, which is making portal puzzles too easy. Much of the map relies on the rocket boots, so instead of removing them from the game, I spliced the portal section to an earlier spot in the map. Now I need to redesign all of the portal chambers from scratch without the boots, hopefully to provide a challenge to players. I could release the map with an overly simple portal section, but I'd rather take the extra time necessary to make the playthrough as enjoyable as possible.

I'm going to be pushing back my estimated release time for my adventure map. After receiving feedback from my testers, I've decided the portal section of my adventure map is far too easy. The problem is that I gave rocket boots early in the map, which is making portal puzzles too easy. Much of the map relies on the rocket boots, so instead of removing them from the game, I spliced the portal section to an earlier spot in the map. Now I need to redesign all of the portal chambers from scratch without the boots, hopefully to provide a challenge to players. I could release the map with an overly simple portal section, but I'd rather take the extra time necessary to make the playthrough as enjoyable as possible.
Can't wait!

Holy mother of Mew! It's times like these when I start to wonder when video games will be recognized as an art form. Or when the next Da Vinci is gonna show up. Or maybe they already have...

Oh boy adventure maps. It's been a while since I've been playing a lot of Terraria, but I'll just leave a comment here. Can't wait for the finished version to start playing again.

I've been a fan of all of your builds/building skills. you have been a huge inspiration for me in the past few months. I'm sad I wasn't around for the last Khaios build thread. but I'm extremely happy to be around for this one ^-^ (Yeah yeah, I know I'm late >.<) I can't wait to see all your amazing builds in the future. And your adventure map!
And boy, I still have a lot to learn.

Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks for the compliments >.< haha. You're the reason I keep up with Terraria (besides the fact that the game is amazing, of course)!

So, now that the holidays are over, and the family has gone back the the states, I've got free time to work on Terraria stuff! Flippi was a beast over the break, and he rapidly closed the gap between what work I've done in STW, and what work he needs to do. We're getting closer to multiplayer release, so I have a bit of STW work I need to do. Unfortunately, that means I have to put my adventure map on hold during that time. None-the-less, I have stuff to show! An ongoing project in the mod for me has been updating the Sivania region (you may have seen spoilers of the mountain I added). Next up on the region update is the forest. Deleted the old one, and started it from scratch. Here's a sneak peek of one of the areas that'll be in the updated forest ^.^

Sword Altar.png

Some people have asked how I make my trees, and since I'm in the process of building a forest for STW, it was a perfect time to take some step-by-step screenshots! Here's my order of operations:
1) Place wood
2) Place leaves
3) Place walls
4) Hammer and detail

Forest Tree Step 1.png

Forest Tree Step 2.png

Forest Tree Step 3.png

Forest Tree Step 4.png

Definitely seems like your natural blending has gotten much better and the original version of the forest tile was already good quality.

Thank you both ^.^ Glad you like the way it's turning out!

Yeah, my build quality has improved a bit over the past year. Learned some new tricks. But more than that, this forest is just benefiting from TLC that the last forest didn't get. The previous forest was semi rushed. I built 5 or 6 tree templates, pasted them randomly throughout the forest, then blended the leaf segments together. The result was a relatively flat, boring forest. This time, I've been building each tree to fit the terrain around it, so not only are they all unique, but the forest isn't nearly as flat :D Way more time and work, but I think it's turning out to be well worth the effort ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom