Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of content. I've been quite busy, both IRL as well as Terraria! This weekend, I'll be uploading a series of builds that I have finished, not related to the NPC showcase, unfortunately (priorities). For now, enjoy this fossil cave!

Fossil Cave.jpg

Never fail to amaze! I like how you used actual bone and fossil blocks, and you nailed the dusty, cavey, archaelogical look. I wonder if I'll be able to find the Indiana Jones set in one of those chests or barrels.

Khaios, your builds are so inspiring, fresh and amazing, that I should thank you for them! `;)
So, yup, thanks and thanks for inspiration.

Haha, I'm glad you like it! I had to channel my inner paleontologist for this one.

Why, thank you! ^.^

No, no! Thank YOU! Inspiring fellow builders is my goal, and seeing anyone get inspired by what I post only inspires me to build some more ;)

------------------------
Happy Sunday, Terrarians! *checks computer to make sure it actually is Sunday >.> <.< *
I have more builds for you all today!

I'm going to split this into two spoilers, as one of them will be quite full of pictures. If you're wondering why the pictures are all broken up like this, instead pieced together like I usually do, it's because I've been getting bad feedback from viewers about the "collage background" that my large builds have. It seems to bother people more than they like the build. So you may be saying to yourself "well, Khaios, why not use the camera mode instead?" Well, the camera mode is still broken. It will ignore paint, and walls, lower the biome background horrendously. So, I chose to go with option "C." Individual images. Enjoy! ^.^

You will see two of these in the next spoiler. These were just the prototype builds that I wanted to share, since they also had the side profiles of the boats.

Viking and Egyptian Boats.jpg
There are a LOT of images in this next spoiler. If you're on mobile, and are concerned, here is a link to an imgur album containing all of these.
Desert Outpost 1.jpg

Desert Outpost 2.jpg

Desert Outpost 3.jpg

Desert Outpost 4.jpg

Desert Outpost 5.jpg

Desert Outpost 6.jpg

Desert Outpost 7.jpg
Don't pay too much attention to the furniture in the desert outpost. It will be getting a rework with custom sprites by @Jestex before being added to the mod.

Good evening ^.^

I have the final updates to the Sivania Desert to present today!
This may be my last post for a week or two. The next project is going to be working on updating the interior of the pyramid, and since it is a dungeon, I won't be posting any progress images for it, so I don't spoil any of the surprises!

If I have time throughout the week, I'll try and squeeze in a NPC build or two, but my focus is going to be this dungeon, so that I don't delay the STW update any longer than I already have (very busy past couple of weeks). Thanks for your patience!

Pyramid.jpg

Ferrousanguis Outpost.jpg

Good evening ^.^

I have the final updates to the Sivania Desert to present today!
This may be my last post for a week or two. The next project is going to be working on updating the interior of the pyramid, and since it is a dungeon, I won't be posting any progress images for it, so I don't spoil any of the surprises!

If I have time throughout the week, I'll try and squeeze in a NPC build or two, but my focus is going to be this dungeon, so that I don't delay the STW update any longer than I already have (very busy past couple of weeks). Thanks for your patience!

Loving that pyramid
Also you should base the interior off of the sand temple in legend of zelda twilight princess (my fav loz temple :p)

Khaios, you should make building tutorials to upload to YouTube. I mean, wow. :eek:
I've been considering it for a while now. The main problem is I'm a pretty slow builder. I also tend to tear down and start over quite a bit. Lastly, I like to sit there, staring at the empty space on my screen, picturing where I'm going to go (which to the onlooker just appears to by my character standing there for minutes at a time).

If I knew what kind of tips people would be interested in seeing, I could do mini build tutorials.
I dunno. Still mulling it over. Thanks for suggesting it, though!

I've been considering it for a while now. The main problem is I'm a pretty slow builder. I also tend to tear down and start over quite a bit. Lastly, I like to sit there, staring at the empty space on my screen, picturing where I'm going to go (which to the onlooker just appears to by my character standing there for minutes at a time).

If I knew what kind of tips people would be interested in seeing, I could do mini build tutorials.
I dunno. Still mulling it over. Thanks for suggesting it, though!

I sometimes build too many color palettes and it still feels like it's missing the color I want. I wonder if I'm colorblind while I'm building.... youtube!...youtube!...youtube!

... youtube!... youtube!... youtube!...

I sometimes build too many color palettes and it still feels like it's missing the color I want. I wonder if I'm colorblind while I'm building.... youtube!...youtube!...youtube!

... youtube!... youtube!... youtube!...

That's something to take into account. I do quite a lot with paints to get the colors I want.
That being said, most of your pixel art is best viewed in the map, correct?
Unless I'm mistaken, actuated blocks do not look any different than active ones in the map. Often times, to get the color I'm looking for, it requires me to actuate a block. It looks great outside of the map, but you couldn't tell in it.

Still! Something to take into consideration. I'll add "paint tutorial" to the list of potential youtube videos ^.^

Now to get over being shy... :s

Yup, it's chaos if you view it while playing the game. The artwork makes more sense once the world map is opened. Then their mind gets confused how can this be...

No change on the map when actuated.

Yup, it's chaos if you view it while playing the game. The artwork makes more sense once the world map is opened. Then their mind gets confused how can this be...

No change on the map when actuated.
I know >.< I still can't fathom how you're able to do what you do, and on console, no less.

I did say that I wouldn't have anything to post for a week, but I was mistaken! I'm still going to be spending most of the upcoming week working on the Pyramid, but I still have a couple of other builds to complete for STW before the update can release, so I'll likely be posting them throughout the week.

This is one of them. ^.^ There is a night screenshot in the OP for this thread (the sun glows at night). There will be a couple of custom sprites in this build (an altar and a lectern). I just forgot to photoshop them into the screenshot. When Super Terraria World updates next, you'll be able to see the items added then.
Temple of Ra Day.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom