Console Killing off throwing items...

Ark1123

Terrarian
Im pretty sad at the fact there will be no more throwing items in the game. Players on pc (I am a console player) have mods they can download the expand the class, while us console players dont have the oppurnitty to install mods to get or expand a class we like. All i have to say :(

Im pretty sad at the fact there will be no more throwing items in the game. Players on pc (I am a console player) have mods they can download the expand the class, while us console players dont have the oppurnitty to install mods to get or expand a class we like. All i have to say :(
If it's worth anything, the vast majority of throwing items existed before 1.3 came out - they were just classified as Ranged damage, so Grenades and the like were usable for a really long time while still getting damage boosts from higher-end armors.

They were changed to deal "Throwing" damage in 1.3 in what I feel was an attempt to lower their effectiveness a bit, but the lack of intention to flesh the damage type out into a proper "class" as the community wanted was.. likely unexpected, so they're just being merged back into Ranged.

There's a lot of potential in keeping them as a sub-class option that deals debuffs, but we'll see what happens when 1.4 drops.

Throwing class was a sick idea in general, just have to consider they are pretty much done adding to Terraria, and most likely saving any new ideas for Terraria 2

you DO know that throwing items are still in the game, right?

they just deal ranged damage instead of being in their own little sub-class.

which is how they worked originally, actually.

Throwing weapons are pretty useless if you can get a snowball cannon early on. Then the snowballs are just easy ammo. I defeated the Eye of Cthulhu on the second night with the cannon.

Back
Top Bottom